Betpoints: 60

buff got fvcked

that was a goal clearly
    I guess home has it's advantages

buff will destroy nyr next game
    all take buff and over

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is the third case of this. The first one everyone remembers, in 1999, Game 6 against Dallas when Hull was obviously in the crease. The second was almost as bad, as the next year (if I remember correctly) John LeClair scored on a goal that clearly went through the side of the net.

cobra_king
    cobra_king's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 36705

Even tho the puck probably went into the net, there was absolutely no visually conclusive proof that it did, therefore the call made on the ice has to stand. The officials can't assume the puck is in the net when they can't see it in the net. Saying that, i too believe it was in the net, but i am in agreement that the right call was made.

figjam
    figjam's Avatar Become A Pro!

C'mon...give me a break...we all know that goal was in.
    I'll tell you why that goal was disallowed.

Take a look at who makes the decision on that goal, NHL head office...and who do you think they would rather see go on to the next round...a small rundown city like Buffalo...or the biggest media market that they are desperately trying to sell to. So obviously whenever they have a chance to tip the scale in favour of NY...as you can see that they will do it.

Having said that...the sabres shouldnt even be relying on that goal...they have played poorly on the road in the playoffs and a high octane offence like that can only muster 2goals in 2 games...they deserve to lose.

AC1318
    AC1318's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

If you look at the replay on
    nhl scores
    espn nhl scoreboard

You can see that puck clearly crosses the line a good 5-6 inches as lundqvist leg sweeps the ice from in the net to pull it out an hide it under the pad.

I bet he didn't even know he did it but in any case great for all the nyr backers I like to win games like that too

who do you guys think would have won if the game saw OT considering buff would have scored two 3rd period goals again?

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

According to what they said on Versus last night, in order to over turn the call, you have to see goal line/definitive white ice/puck (ie you have to see the puck completely over the goal line with obvious white ice between the goal line and the puck).

There was no video evidence that showed that. There just wasn't.

I wish there had been. I had my money on Buffalo! :-(

Doc JS