vitruvian_nhlmlb
    vitruvian_nhlmlb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 294

Vitruvian's picks

Been a long time observer to this website and decided to show and tell my insights to hopefully help people out just as much as you have helped me.

Trying to turn a small number ($100) into the biggest number possible by the end of the first month of MLB season. That is where I make all of my money in sports betting. I am up on the NHL this year, but I want to start fresh and take a small number of my account and turn that into a lot. Strong bankroll management (never more than 5% of bankroll) unless I am so strong on a play I will do 10%. The amount of my bets will seem too low for some of you, but this is also for me to keep better track for myself.

I don't have a system or model. I go by athlete's psyche and trends could possibly weigh in on my picks; I guess you could call that a model. I will give small analysis on my picks and if someone wants a little more then let me know and I will try to get back to you

YTD: 0-0-0. $0.00

March 12, 2014
    HABS/BOS Over 1.5 +105. 1U to win 1.05U
    These two teams hate each other beyond any other two teams that we have really seen. There should be a lot of penalties as refs tend to tighten it up when its a rivalry game. They are both in the playoffs, but Montreal has TB on their toes and in order to beat a Boston team like this, you need to score and score often. Boston basically locked up the division, but it's always best to win the conference outright. Budaj is in net again and the last time he played against Boston, he let in 1 goal. Rask could be playing a little better so I would suspect at the end of the first period, it should be 1-1.

I was thinking of betting MON +1.5 as well, mainly because of the home factor, but decided to lay off. Personally i think the game will end 3-2 with Montreal squeaking out the win, but I feel more strongly on the Over first period. Thoughts?
    Last edited by vitruvian_nhlmlb; 03-12-14 at 05:07 PM.

vitruvian_nhlmlb

March 12, 2014
    Colorado ML in first period -115. 1.15U to win 1U
    Colorado has Chicago's number this season. Raanta is 1-1 against Colorado and Varlamov is 2-0. Would do the entire game but I don't want to wait that long, especially when I think Colorado will be up the entire game. In Varlamov's starts vs. Chicago this season, he is 0.00 GA in the first period and Colorado has 5 goals in both those games. (3 in the first game, 2 in second). I would do -0.5 for COL in first period but they are underdogs in the game.
    Last edited by vitruvian_nhlmlb; 03-12-14 at 05:08 PM.

vitruvian_nhlmlb

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian_nhlmlb View Post
    March 12, 2014
    Colorado ML in first period -115. 1.15U to win 1U

HABS/BOS Over 1.5 +105. 1U to win 1.05U
    Well, was obviously wrong about the Boston game. Expected something different but w.e. Going even isn't losing right?

YTD: 1-1-0. +0.00U

vitruvian_nhlmlb

March 13
    Leafs/Kings Under 1st period -130. 1.30U to win 1U.
    Kings have been on an incredible run and quick has been great as well. Kings don't really need to score much in order to win and with their 8 game streak on the line, they are going to play passive for at least the first 1.5 periods. Leafs are going to have to go through a suffocating defense just to realize they have to get back quick next.

CBJ ML. +110. 1U to win 1.10U
    Honestly believe this is an easy pick to make. Sharks last road trip they go and lose to Buffalo/Carolina/someone else. None are playoff making teams. CBJ is on a great run and beat my injury depleted wings, but that's fine. CBJ is gearing up for a big playoff run and I think this is where they continue on their big run. Its going to be a tight game I think because of how Bobrovsky and Niemi are playing right now, but CBJ will overcome it.

Other lean was on STL to win in regulation and -1.5. I know the odds are really juiced up, but it's almost a completely easy win. That probably means EDM would be a good bet lol.

vitruvian_nhlmlb

YTD: 1-3-0. -2.30U

Now, it is an easy turn around .
    March 14
    Dal/Cgy Over 1st Period -110 1.10U to win 1.00
    Dal/Cgy Over 5.5 +105 1U to win 1.05

Easy pick don't you think? Thomas is not as good as he used to be and although it was probably a fluky 7-2 win over Anaheim, I see CGY being able to keep up their latest offensive output. Dallas has won the first two meetings by 2+ rather convincingly. I think this is going to be an easy 6 goal game, hopefully it'll be done by end of 2nd period for the second bet.

DET -0.5 +115 1U to win 1.15

I am pretty sure this is a good bet today. Detroit is my favorite team so I guess there is some bias here, but I know a lot about this team. They called up a player from their AHL team and he is going to light it up with his shot totals and with the way Detroit plays now, the more shots, the better chance of a rebound goal for these guys. Name is Pulkinnen. I know this might be a little too much, but he will get on the sheet tonight (hopefully in the first period). Just a guess, but I feel strong about it.
    Last edited by vitruvian_nhlmlb; 03-14-14 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Also, wings are 7-1 ATS on friday nights this year and 18-5 last three seasons. edm is 2-6...if you believe in that stuff

vitruvian_nhlmlb

2-1, +1.10U yesterday. Not bad.
    YTD: 3-4-0 -0.10

March 15
    PIT/PHI Over 5.5 -125 1.25U to win 1.00

Pit 9/1 O/U after 3 days rest. PHI is 6/1 O/U on Saturdays. other factors but I need to get moving today.
    Last edited by vitruvian_nhlmlb; 03-15-14 at 09:55 AM.

vitruvian_nhlmlb

March 15 - 0-1, -1.25
    YTD: 3-5-0, -1.35

March 16
    Ott/Col over 5.5 -115 2.30U to win 2U
    This is a big play for me. Doubling my betting size, but I am confident in it. If it looks good before the later games then I am going to make another bet. If it's not looking good, I am going to make sure I really like the later pick and decide what to bet on it.

vitruvian_nhlmlb

Okay guys. Decided to take a couple days off after the bad luck n decided to put a lot down on Detroit last night. Didn't post it so I won't include it but now my bets are 10 dollars a unit.

Tampa over 5.5 -120 , 1.20 unit to win 1u
    NNothing to really back me up. I know bishop is in but I like this spot here.

Avs over 5.5 -105 , 1.05u to win 1u
    Berra is still Berra, regardless if he's on a better team. I say he let's in 3 tonight with Avs getting 4.

Van under 5 even , 1u to win 1u
    Hopefully Rinne is in net tonight. Both previous games were 5 n 3 goals total and I know van is random but I know nsh will b the same, trying to get a 2-1 win like usual.
    Last edited by vitruvian_nhlmlb; 03-19-14 at 03:45 PM.

vitruvian_nhlmlb

There you go.
    3-0 +3.00u
    Ytd 6-6-0. -0.65.

Will update when I find my play later.