JesseJacobs77
    Just Like My Old Man, I Make My Own Luck
    JesseJacobs77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

My Plays for January 21st, 2014

Los Angeles -1.5 vs Columbus (PL, +271)

LA has won 8 of their last 10SU vs Columbus, 5 of their last 6 IN Columbus, and 3 of the last 5 Los Angeles has played IN Columbus has been won by more the 2 goals. Columbus is on a heater right now, going 5-0 in their last 5 overall, and 4-1 in their last 5 at home, and LA has struggled as of late going 4-9SU in their last 13, and 1-7SU in their last 8 on the road, but this is a perfect opportunity for them to turn things around and get a BIG win with 5 forwards out of the lineup in Columbus.

Carolina vs Philadelphia OVER 5.5 (+115)

Numbers say to go OVER here. For Philly, 5 of their last 6 overall, and 5 of their last 7 at home have gone OVER the total. For Carolina, 5 of their last 7 overall have gone UNDER. However, 6 of the last 9 between these 2 teams played IN PHILADELPHIA have gone OVER.

Florida vs Buffalo (+107)

Both teams are horrible in my opinion, and this is really going to be a coinflip. Both trending downwards still, as they have all year. Florida 2-4 in their last 6 on the road, however did just pick up a BIG 5-1 win @ Pittsburgh. Buffalo are 1-4 in their last 5 and losers of 3 straight at home, including a 2-1 OT loss earlier this month to these same Florida Panthers. Florida has also won 4 of their last 6 on the road in Buffalo.

As usual, comment. I like hearing what plays people have, what you like/are skeptical about of my plays.

Best of Luck!

mgoncalves10
    mgoncalves10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I like the Florida pick. I think coming off a big win against the Penguins, they will be fired up. The Carolina pick is a wash because the game was postponed due to the snowstorm.. And the Los Angeles pick i don't agree on. The Blue Jackets have been playing some of their best hockey all season, and with the Kings coming off two straight defeats and a 7 day layoff, i think they will come out a little slow. I think the best bet in this game could be the U5, or even the Under for the 1st period. They have scored 5 or more once in their last 7 meetings..

GL

Razor3880
    Razor3880's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 137

Personally, I do like Buffalo..Mainly because coming off a three game losing streak to play the team that just beat the Penguins, yet being favored for the first time this season is simply just too much for me to ignore.

You could definitely make an argument that the Panthers are riding of last night's win, but I personally think alot of young and inexperienced teams do not handle those type of victories too well when coming in to play the worst team in the league the very next day. Will be an unusual bottom feeders battle that will be getting more attention than usual though!

JesseJacobs77
    Just Like My Old Man, I Make My Own Luck
    JesseJacobs77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

The LA pick was to make up a bit of a loss, and ended up costing me. I'll carry over that Philly/Carolina game to tomorrow night. I'll have that one, and possibly a pick for the other 3 tomorrow. I'll see if I can do my research and have them up in a little bit.