vanc143
    vanc143's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 355

Oilers

This team is honestly even worse than the Thrashers were.

How in the hell do you have so many top picks in the draft and STILL suck some major fuking rooster. Holy shiat this team is awful.

Worst defence I have ever seen.

aznbluff
    Update your status
    aznbluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 722

Their defense sucks but their top 6 FW are the main problem with the team. It is what it is, just make money from their ineptitude. People in Edmonton no longer even care about this team

vanc143

It's sad it got to this point for Edmonton. There was so much hope and it has all gone to shite. What do they do now.

DOWNGOESTHEBOOK
    DOWNGOESTHEBOOK's Avatar Become A Pro!

This was suppose to be the up and coming team of the future. Goaltending hasn't panned out to what they thought it would with Dubynk and he is now gone. Ference has gone from the penthouse in Boston to this mess. But I have to agree with azn, the top 6 forwards haven't produced the way they were expected to produce. I don't know if you can expect the fans to wait around again while you blow this team up and try to rebuild again. Its not working this time so why it should anyone expect it to change in the future.

The state of hockey in Alberta which was once great is horrific nowadays.

aznbluff
    Update your status
    aznbluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 722

Quote Originally Posted by vanc143 View Post
    It's sad it got to this point for Edmonton. There was so much hope and it has all gone to shite. What do they do now.
    They have to blow it up and rebuild the rebuild. Get full value for players like Hall and Eberle (though the chance to get max value for Ebs has already gone). These are not players you win with at this level and their ego and attitudes are the main reason this team is unsuccessful still. Pretty much every Edmontonian I've heard from that has dealt with these guys on a personal level has told the same story. I'm not going to get into too much slandering on a public message board but I hope some day management wakes up and smells the roses.

The team is better without these guys than they are with them. They would probably finish ~25th if they simply benched them for the rest of the year. Start another 3-5 year process and you can cure this poison but management is in love with this "core" and want to go to the end with them. It's going to result in an endless rebuild ala Florida/CBJ

The process should have been started 2 years ago to be honest but fans and management both were blinded by the allure of "skill" and "talent" that these kids had. They still are to some degree

vanc143

It's really interesting to hear your perspective on the top 6.

As someone that isn't from Edmonton and someone that isn't a fan of the team (other than stupidly putting money on them to win, and having them lose every single time).... It really seems like management of the team fell into the trap of feeling like they won through the draft, and will therefore automatically win on the ice.

Other than the top 6 it seems like this team has been injected with nothing but shite. Like seriously, other than a warm fuzzy feeling in the hearts of the Oilers fan.... why in the F is Smyth still on the team. He is absolutely useless. Same with the rest of the team.... it seems like management felt that if they ice the draft picks that they will automatically win.

The defence sucks... and despite his success in Boston, why the fuk would you even put the C in Ference?? This whole team seems like a joke, directed by jokers.