Snine
    Snine's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1422

St. Louis @ Winnipeg

St. Louis opening line only -119 @ Pinny ??? -1.5 is at +252 as well.

So much value here it's ridiculous... Anything I'm missing? I was expecting a much higher line.

Kane hurt himself during practice and is questionable so may not even play for the Jets tomorrow. St. Louis coming off a loss to a really good San Jose team, I don't see them dropping a 2nd game in a row to the jets.

ZdenoK
    ZdenoK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5733

St. Louis is playing a tough road match vs Chicago tonight.

Snine

Quote Originally Posted by ZdenoK View Post
    St. Louis is playing a tough road match vs Chicago tonight.
    Good point. Guess I missed that, but regardless I don't think it should factor in too much this early in the season. Blues are a much better team then the Jets right now. Wonder if the line drops more if Chicago wins tonight.

NavsPicks
    NavsPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1877

Lol back to back doesn't factor in... Please take the -1.5 and watch them lose SU

Snine

Well St. Louis opened the year with 5 straight home games... Tonight in Chicago is their first away game of the year. Also had two full days to rest before heading into Chicago. Not far travel time heading up to Winnipeg.

Maybe it factors in but I don't see it making as huge a difference as you do here. Guess we'll see.

NavsPicks

Quote Originally Posted by Snine View Post
    Well St. Louis opened the year with 5 straight home games... Tonight in Chicago is their first away game of the year. Also had two full days to rest before heading into Chicago. Not far travel time heading up to Winnipeg.

Maybe it factors in but I don't see it making as huge a difference as you do here. Guess we'll see.
    --- okay.
    First road game against Chicago looks like a very tough game now they gotta fly out the Winnipeg and play another bruising game infront of a hostile crowd. Starting ur first road games back to back is worse then having them in the middle of the year it ruins ur flow. If it didn't make a big diff it wouldn't be -119.

aznbluff
    Update your status
    aznbluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 722

Grueling, physical, OT road game against a top 3 team in the league. A lot of scrumming after the whistle, fighting, and physical engagement on every play. Game ends at 11ET local time, team gets out of the rink around midnight and hops on a flight to another country to play in a game in less than 24 hours. During this 24 hours there will be a morning skate and hotel check in. They try to squeak in a little thing called sleep after said previous night's physical activity. Then they play another professional hockey game with their subpar backup goalie starting later that night.

But nah, today's game doesn't factor in at all.

Snine

lol you guys might be right, there is some major reverse line movement going on right now. St. Louis dropped to -114 despite consensus showing high numbers in their favor.

Already locked in my bet on em though so we'll see what happens. Appreciate the input guys, might be a live and learn experience tonight.

rainman416
    rainman416's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 994

Hopped on WPG at +105.. Coming off two days rest after being shutout at home.. vs. a possibly tired Blues team, big physical match up last night. The suspicious line helps too.. expected to get WPG at +120 or 130 but no such luck...

BOL

aznbluff
    Update your status

St. Louis should definitely still be favored here though because Winnepeg are atrocious defensively, just be aware of why the line is what it is. Books are not stupid and lines are what they are for reasons that make a lot of logical sense.

HoodieAllen
    All day!
    HoodieAllen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

Tailed you on this one Snine, the line movement doesn't cover the fact that the Blues are in-form and Winnepeg are a trash team, just saying.

Blues one up 8th minute.

Edit : 1-1, LOL dat goalie.
    Last edited by HoodieAllen; 10-18-13 at 07:34 PM.

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

Peg pathetic.

HoodieAllen
    All day!

2-1, looking good, they are obviously tired but Winnepeg are just lol

Monchito
    Easy Come Easy Go
    Monchito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2485

St louis and over
    Anaheim - Phoenix OT and Under

aznbluff
    Update your status

Unfortunate injury for Trouba, one of the true rising stars in the league. He'll be Winnepeg's best player pretty soon. Hope he is ok

HoodieAllen
    All day!

3-1, can't help but wonder why anyone would actually take WPG in this match, tired or not the Blues are just superior in every way.

NavsPicks

Easy to say when it's 3-1.. C'mon man if Wpg was up this thread would be dead it's luck.

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8478

not watching but way to blow the lead stl

NavsPicks

Quote Originally Posted by HoodieAllen View Post
    3-1, can't help but wonder why anyone would actually take WPG in this match, tired or not the Blues are just superior in every way.
    That's why. Team on a back to back gets tired in the 3rd and blows a lead. Get a clue before u bet

NavsPicks

Quote Originally Posted by Snine View Post

Lol. Enjoy ur winnings

rainman416

Another Pre-Mature comment... STL definately better... but ouch on the early call out there.. WPG backers cash! 2 Units here

DA_MOSS
    Yepp
    DA_MOSS's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 676

Most pathetic shoot out I've ever witnessed. StL had 4 straight chances to win and couldn't get it done.

Snine

lol I was at the game tonight, just got home. Sure enough looks like St Louis gassed in the 3rd and was just playing prevent defence. Can't say I really regret making the bet but I do see what some of you were saying. In retrospect the line looked pretty damn accurate now haha.

Ah well, like I said live and learn. Was a hell of a comeback to watch in person, place was rocking hard.

rainman416

Good that you got to be there, I've lived in Toronto my whole life, never been to a Leafs game... This year for sure lol.

crazy finish tonight
    GL for rest of the season

HoodieAllen
    All day!

Quote Originally Posted by rainman416 View Post
    Another Pre-Mature comment... STL definately better... but ouch on the early call out there.. WPG backers cash! 2 Units here
    If you actually think it was wise to take WPG in that game and you chalk it up to "knowledge" then you must be out of your mind, it was pure luck to have two late goals and pure luck to have the blues miss penalties left and right.

rainman416

If you actually think it was wise to take WPG in that game and you chalk it up to "knowledge" then you must be out of your mind, it was pure luck to have two late goals and pure luck to have the blues miss penalties left and right.
    This was the write-up on my Thread... Bang on if you ask me.. I guess you think anytime a team takes a 2 goal lead they were the team to bet on.. Even if they blow it in the 3rd on account of bad-luck.. or.. Exhaustion? STL was way to easy a play there.. My gut said fade.. and well... STL did fade.. in a big way

======================================== ===========================
    STL vs. WPG(ML) @+105 x2u WIN
    Jets got shutout by the Habs on Tuesday at home and are now coming off 2-days rest to face a team that just went to a shootout late last night with the Blackhawks. I would have liked to see the Jets at +115 or +120 as the blues are still a far better team in my opinion. But with Elliot in net tonight and the boys in blue a little tired, I still think the jets have a good chance of pulling off the minor upset here."
    ======================================== ===========================

Next time Allen. Just one game
    Last edited by rainman416; 10-19-13 at 09:21 AM.

rainman416

A live bet on WPG when they were down 2 in the 3rd @ +1250... now THAT would have been luck lol as they had been looking terrible until that point... Alas, I was not in the mood for such gambles.