EdV38
    EdV38's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2172

Detroit @ Phoenix

This game has got to be the closest to a "lock" you can get for an underdog home team in the NHL. Bryzgalov has looked amazing this year, keeping powerhouses Pittsburgh, Boston and San Jose to a combined one goal. He's always been a very underrated goalie and seeing past all the bs the Coyotes have faced this year and their lack of fan base their team is playing very well, especially defensively.

Contrast that to Detriot, who have recently got spanked by a very average Buffalo team, are winless on the road and have looked very inconsistent game to game. And yet, Phoenix is the underdog with a 2.15 return?

Phoenix has played exactly one game over 5.5 and that was their first. O/U seems to be basing it on Detroit's perceived strength instead of looking at Phoenix's actual strength. I think the game will be played Phoenix's way where they don't really have an advantage at home regarding the fans but they do have an advantage regarding line matchups.

So on this game I am going with Phoenix at 2.15 and Under 5.5 at 2.00

I might just make a habit of pulling these two plays on Phoenix games until the linemakers catch on and prices them accordingly or until they fall apart. Much like I continue to bet over on all Steelers games

PocketRocket
    Update your status
    PocketRocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

wings win

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

DET will always be road faves vs PHO regardless of record I think, unless they are like 8-40-2. I like the play though, PHO is looking good and DET not so much. Osgood is a POS so hopefully he starts.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Leaning Over.

EdV38

Quote Originally Posted by DennisGreen View Post
    DET will always be road faves vs PHO regardless of record I think, unless they are like 8-40-2. I like the play though, PHO is looking good and DET not so much. Osgood is a POS so hopefully he starts.
    That's good news for people who don't have their heads stuck in 2008. Anybody choosing Detroit is ignoring the fact Bryzgalov already shut down Pittsburgh and San Jose this year, two younger and much more potent offenses and teams playing light years ahead of where Detroit is at right now. They handed Pittsburgh their ONLY loss this year so far.

Based on this information how can anyone think Detroit has a greater than 50% chance of winning this game? Sure they could win but that would go against every indicator so far this year.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Quote Originally Posted by EdV38 View Post
    Anybody choosing Detroit is ignoring the fact Bryzgalov already shut down Pittsburgh and San Jose this year, two younger and much more potent offenses and teams playing light years ahead of where Detroit is at right now.
    Light years ahead? Detroit is the best run team in the NHL, with core guys who understand and execute fundamentals better than any team in the NHL. They have goalie issues, and losing Franzen won't help, but to consider them "light years" behind San Jose? Give me a break.

DoctorX79
    DoctorX79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 479

This game has got to be the closest to a "lock" you can get for an underdog home team in the NHL. Bryzgalov has looked amazing this year, keeping powerhouses Pittsburgh, Boston and San Jose to a combined one goal. He's always been a very underrated goalie and seeing past all the bs the Coyotes have faced this year and their lack of fan base their team is playing very well, especially defensively.

Contrast that to Detriot, who have recently got spanked by a very average Buffalo team, are winless on the road and have looked very inconsistent game to game. And yet, Phoenix is the underdog with a 2.15 return?

Phoenix has played exactly one game over 5.5 and that was their first. O/U seems to be basing it on Detroit's perceived strength instead of looking at Phoenix's actual strength. I think the game will be played Phoenix's way where they don't really have an advantage at home regarding the fans but they do have an advantage regarding line matchups.

So on this game I am going with Phoenix at 2.15 and Under 5.5 at 2.00

I might just make a habit of pulling these two plays on Phoenix games until the linemakers catch on and prices them accordingly or until they fall apart. Much like I continue to bet over on all Steelers games
    LOLLLLLL
    I dont know what to say.. you probably new to hockey..
    Im watching hockey for 25 years ans every single seasons theres bad teams who do well early in the season and good teams who doesnt and theres also good teams doing well of course and bad team doing bad.
    Its true that Phoenix might have an edge in the net.. but you cant compare offense and deffence of phoenix vs det.. its a total missmatch !
    Right now the public perception is that phoenix is hot and det is running bad thats why the odds are so great for Det today and pretty bad for pho. usually you would get much more for a phoenix win vs det.
    Im jumping on det ML.

DoctorX79
    DoctorX79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 479

Oh yeah i forgot to say its the same story for Colorado who have a great start so far but they will be far from making the playoffs at the end of the season.
    They have good looking future but right now they arent a great team and we should get good odds for next couple games vs them.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorX79 View Post
    do well early in the season and good teams who doesnt and theres also good teams doing well of course and bad team doing bad.
    Its true that Phoenix might have an edge in the net.. but you cant compare offense and deffence of phoenix vs det.. its a total missmatch
    Exactly. Detroit is a team that has been built by great hockey minds. Phoenix is an of injury away from being the Leafs.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorX79 View Post
    Oh yeah i forgot to say its the same story for Colorado who have a great start so far but they will be far from making the playoffs at the end of the season.
    They have good looking future but right now they arent a great team and we should get good odds for next couple games vs them.
    I think a lot of people are not giving Colorado credit. That's a solid team. Not as good as they have been playing, but not nearly as bad as people thought. Not sure what to make of Anderson, but so far he might be a sleeper on the rise.

EdV38

Yes, Detroit is currently such a well run hockey team that got spanked by Buffalo, swept by St Louis and blew two leads late against Colorado. You are right their offenses are not comparable but the goalie situation more than offsets that. I could be totally wrong that Detroit is an aging team on the decline and Bryzgalov could still save my ass.

So far the lines have moved in my favour. I guess we will see tonight who is right!

suicideking08
    suicideking08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

I don't think I'll touch the U/O on this one..I think it could really go either way. Instead I'll take a shot on Phoenix tonight..Detroit has not impressed me at all this year. They could win, but i think it'll be a struggle for them.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Yes, Detroit is currently such a well run hockey team that got spanked by Buffalo, swept by St Louis and blew two leads late against Colorado. You are right their offenses are not comparable but the goalie situation more than offsets that. I could be totally wrong that Detroit is an aging team on the decline and Bryzgalov could still save my ass.

So far the lines have moved in my favour. I guess we will see tonight who is right!
    I'll wager your 87 points on DET.

Atlantic
    Atlantic's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think it will be a close game, but nowhere near a lock....

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

This post is ridiculous.

Two losses to STL to start the year, fair enough. However, since then they've held Chicago, LA, and WAS each to two goals (Osgood in net for all three games), and played a tight game with COL. The only real blemish since coming back to North America was the 6-2 loss to Buffalo (who average 38 shots per game, and have the firepower to score, despite lacking in consistency). Phoenix also lost to Buffalo...

This is far from a runaway for Phoenix, and I make this game to be a tight one. I think the line is right about where it should be. Phoenix might still win this game, but no matter how good a goalie is, teams that rank 23rd in offense won't stay near the top of their division.

leafs_ducks
    leafs_ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4849

I still think phx gonna win tonite. Guess we'll have to wait n c

AL BoTz
    AL BoTz's Avatar Become A Pro!

even if phoenix wins the cup i wouldnt take them over detroit even if they are looking half way decent

EdV38

Good old trustworthy Detroit blowing it late

I clinched breaking even on this play, now let's see if I get the win going into OT and SO, where the goalie advantage really comes into play

EdV38

Quote Originally Posted by keyboarding View Post
    I'll wager your 87 points on DET.
    Sorry I didn't see this in time to accept. Well, we'll see how sorry I'll end up being lol. I have no idea what these points do, I'll have to check this out.

EdV38

Yup, real sorry now lol

EdV38

I admit that this was far from a runaway but Detroit got beat nonetheless

EdV38

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    This post is ridiculous.

Two losses to STL to start the year, fair enough. However, since then they've held Chicago, LA, and WAS each to two goals (Osgood in net for all three games), and played a tight game with COL. The only real blemish since coming back to North America was the 6-2 loss to Buffalo (who average 38 shots per game, and have the firepower to score, despite lacking in consistency). Phoenix also lost to Buffalo...

This is far from a runaway for Phoenix, and I make this game to be a tight one. I think the line is right about where it should be. Phoenix might still win this game, but no matter how good a goalie is, teams that rank 23rd in offense won't stay near the top of their division.
    I don't disagree with the Phoenix comment and I never said their offense was any good, but they are a far better team than last year.

And if Detroit was anything other than a shadow of what they were last year then they wouldn't even be in tight games with Colorado. The only games where they've played like the Wings of last year were the Was and LA games. Phoenix may not finish near the top, but with St. Louis, Chicago on the rise and Columbus with the best goalie in the division Detroit's not running away with anything either.

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Phoenix continues to defy the critics and slay the big dogs. Too bad only 11,938 were there to witness it (half of them for free thanks to their new if they win you get a free ticket deal lol). Can't really blame the fans though since the team will be moving up next year.

Miser
    Miser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17

Where will they more I say Hamilton Ontario.

EdV38

Quote Originally Posted by DennisGreen View Post
    Phoenix continues to defy the critics and slay the big dogs. Too bad only 11,938 were there to witness it (half of them for free thanks to their new if they win you get a free ticket deal lol). Can't really blame the fans though since the team will be moving up next year.
    I'd appreciate a team like theirs being within driving distance of me. I can't stand the Leafs and the absolute joke Burke has made that team into. An undisciplined bunch of thugs that have no talent and no ability to kill penalties. Great combination. Its like he purposely made the team worse because we know he can do better than that. And now they traded thier next two draft picks which will be top 5 for sure for Kessel, a decent player but pretty useless when he has no support around him.

Actually I do kind of like the Leafs because betting on them to lose and over on opponents goals have made good money all year.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Sorry I didn't see this in time to accept. Well, we'll see how sorry I'll end up being lol. I have no idea what these points do, I'll have to check this out.
    I guess it's just coincidence you showed up once they tied the game, huh?

EdV38

Quote Originally Posted by keyboarding View Post
    I guess it's just coincidence you showed up once they tied the game, huh?
    Oh of course!

Actually I couldn't even get onto this site for most of the day at work yesterday and didn't get home until the third period and accepting the bet when the team is down 2-1 is just plain stupid unless you were willing to offer 5 to 1 odds or something