forthewin
    forthewin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Penguins and Blackhawks 5/9/13

I know the Hawks-Wild game is still playing but I have to say today both the Penguins and the Hawks showed how the two best teams in the NHL are supposed to play. I am particularly happy with the play of the Penguins. They stepped up their defense and made smart scoring opportunities, and last but not least they bench Fluery, which IMO was a choice made 3 games late. Good job. I hope this continues because I would love to see those two play for the cup; best finals in years.

PuckIt
    See Premonition Below
    PuckIt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

agreed it'd be a great final...unfortunately, I think a smart coach with a well disciplined team could take down the Pens. You don't have to beat the pens at their game, you trick them into playing YOUR game, then you win.

forthewin

Quote Originally Posted by PuckIt View Post
    agreed it'd be a great final...unfortunately, I think a smart coach with a well disciplined team could take down the Pens. You don't have to beat the pens at their game, you trick them into playing YOUR game, then you win.
    Yessir... Enter the Chicago Blackhawks

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by PuckIt View Post

Agree think someone else wins east. Chicago beatable too

forthewin

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    Agree think someone else wins east. Chicago beatable too

Yes all teams are beatable, but the most exciting cup finals would be Pens and Hawks. As far as who could win the east aside from the Pens I don't believe the Bruins could. It would have to be the Senators, they are playing out of this world and look how far they made it with all of their injuries.

PuckIt
    See Premonition Below
    PuckIt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

If you let the Pens play their game there's no stopping them. If you get them off of it, they're beatable. Simple as that.

They are a team that's VERY hard to beat when you play them once. If you play them in a series, it's very different. If you look at this past season, almost all of their losses preceded a 2nd back-to-back loss. Very infrequently did they lose one game and move on and keep winning.

Get in their heads and you can exploit them.

As for the Hawks, they can't win without their best players, unlike the Pens. So if the Hawks lose any of their best players mid-playoffs it could be an interesting matchup that's for sure. I'd love to see a Pens/Hawks final.
    Last edited by PuckIt; 05-09-13 at 10:39 PM.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by forthewin View Post
    Yes all teams are beatable, but the most exciting cup finals would be Pens and Hawks. As far as who could win the east aside from the Pens I don't believe the Bruins could. It would have to be the Senators, they are playing out of this world and look how far they made it with all of their injuries.

Agree with Ottawa