tombuckers
    Buck Man
    tombuckers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 408

Random Question about Hockey Betting at start of next season?

Hi guys, this was only my 1st year hockey betting and I rely enjoyed it and think next year I can do it pretty effectively and profitability but I just have a worry, and that is at the start of next season I will probably increase unit size to £50 or £100 meaning that my account at the start will probably only have 10/20 units starting in, first question is do you think that is enough?

Second more important question is that the only other sport I bet on is cricket and I do pretty well but for tournaments and seasons my progress looks all over the place, this is because the teams are new so the teams with the best players, pitch conditions, home grounds etc etc don't win when they should whereas if both teams play each other 2 weeks later the results tend to go how you would think. For example 1 week into this years IPL competition I was -25u and something like 4-13. And the same thing happened last year, but now about 2 and a bit weeks in I am 15-19 -4u.

So my question is at the start of the hockey season is it harder to pick teams? Or easier? Or the same?

Thanks.
    Tom.

zandyman
    zandyman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 391

I like to wait until the teams get a few games under their belts, usually 1-2 weeks. I think it's about the same though to answer your question.

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

Quote Originally Posted by tombuckers View Post
    Hi guys, this was only my 1st year hockey betting and I rely enjoyed it and think next year I can do it pretty effectively and profitability but I just have a worry, and that is at the start of next season I will probably increase unit size to £50 or £100 meaning that my account at the start will probably only have 10/20 units starting in, first question is do you think that is enough?

Second more important question is that the only other sport I bet on is cricket and I do pretty well but for tournaments and seasons my progress looks all over the place, this is because the teams are new so the teams with the best players, pitch conditions, home grounds etc etc don't win when they should whereas if both teams play each other 2 weeks later the results tend to go how you would think. For example 1 week into this years IPL competition I was -25u and something like 4-13. And the same thing happened last year, but now about 2 and a bit weeks in I am 15-19 -4u.

So my question is at the start of the hockey season is it harder to pick teams? Or easier? Or the same?

Thanks.
    Tom.
    1st question lots of variance/luck when it comes to each play in hockey so I would play a smaller % of your bankroll.

Start of the season can be "easier" if you can figure out the teams that are overrated/underrated and fade/play them. Buffalo and Philly were the fade material this year.