ultimatum
    ultimatum's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

Is live betting the way to go?

Well in your guys opinion, do you guys think live betting is the way to go over before the game betting? These goddamn games are so bipolar this year, it is like one team gets up two goals then starts losing after 10 minutes. When a team gets up two goals they play it tight with their defense, and wind up giving their lead to make it go into OT. I have had it with these games this year, I am thinking about giving up on the pregame betting and just betting when the game is live, seems like a much better way to make a higher profit in my opinion.

What do you guys think about this?

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Yes live betting is your friend.

Plenty of money to be made.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

live betting, when your watching the games....once u get a feel for the game, make your move

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatum View Post
    Well in your guys opinion, do you guys think live betting is the way to go over before the game betting? These goddamn games are so bipolar this year, it is like one team gets up two goals then starts losing after 10 minutes. When a team gets up two goals they play it tight with their defense, and wind up giving their lead to make it go into OT. I have had it with these games this year, I am thinking about giving up on the pregame betting and just betting when the game is live, seems like a much better way to make a higher profit in my opinion.

What do you guys think about this?
    What books even offer live hockey all i've seen is intermission betting.

Meyefull
    Meyefull's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

Bet365.com has good live bets•

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

I can't see how you can bet into 30 cent lines and ever win....

Merella
    Merella's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18827

does pinnacle still have live betting?

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Pinny had intermission betting last year nothing this year. 5 dimes has intermissions

Bet365 is the best by far. Bodog has some games but the lines are juiced soo bad

matt1216

Sports interaction and bodog have it as well

epicdevoid
    Update your status
    epicdevoid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Your always going to be paying more juice in live betting than pregame betting. I highly discourage this unless you play live betting for low dollar amounts and recreation.

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Quote Originally Posted by epicdevoid View Post
    Your always going to be paying more juice in live betting than pregame betting. I highly discourage this unless you play live betting for low dollar amounts and recreation.
    Incorrect. Say you like an over 5.5 that is -130 before puck drop. If you wait 3 or 4 minutes into the game and there are no goals scored you will be getting it at a +$ amount. Sure potentially they can score before that then it's more difficult but you can pick up some very nice lines live betting.

Intermission betting yeah then you are right. If it's 3-1 after 2 your over 5.5 will be -155 or higher.

I love hitting up ML favorites who are dominating play but trailing 1-0 after the 1st. They go from a -200+ favorite to +100. Always value to be had you just have to pick your spots.

matt1216

Quote Originally Posted by DennisGreen View Post
    Incorrect. Say you like an over 5.5 that is -130 before puck drop. If you wait 3 or 4 minutes into the game and there are no goals scored you will be getting it at a +$ amount. Sure potentially they can score before that then it's more difficult but you can pick up some very nice lines live betting.

Intermission betting yeah then you are right. If it's 3-1 after 2 your over 5.5 will be -155 or higher.

I love hitting up ML favorites who are dominating play but trailing 1-0 after the 1st. They go from a -200+ favorite to +100. Always value to be had you just have to pick your spots.

Yes sir!

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Yes but the lines are factored into it

I was contemplating a live betting strategy involving Bet365 and Pinny

Basically I would bet the under at Pinny early on to get a good line, then hope for 5-10 scoreless minutes in the game and take the OVER live at Bet365 to create an arbitrage situation. But after some thought I realized it cannot be profitable, not sure why I thought it was a good idea in the first place.

Live betting is just like any other sports market, except with more juice. I think the best way to exploit live betting is to lean against square books using Pinny or 5dimes numbers or have many live betting options and look for arbitrage situations

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

Got Sharks at +200 after first Eying Detroit and Chicago now.

Little on the Leafs at +325.
    Last edited by odog11; 02-19-13 at 08:30 PM.