altieriflyers
    Rosamund
    altieriflyers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7788

Capitals fans

What`s wrong with this team? They are simply terrible.

turtlejc
    turtlejc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

wonder how bad they are missing Semin right now? I mean no one else can score...

mnwild11
    mnwild11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4005

ovi cant get much going. maybe they are adjusting to their new head coach?

Bluedragon
    Bluedragon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 531

Quote Originally Posted by mnwild11 View Post
    ovi cant get much going. maybe they are adjusting to their new head coach?
    Ovi is so fukkin overrated. i hate how people think he is the messiah of hockey.

altieriflyers
    Rosamund

Do they bounce back tonight at the rock?

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by altieriflyers View Post
    Do they bounce back tonight at the rock?
    I bet that they will

altieriflyers
    Rosamund

Good, tailing ya Vegas.

thes0vereign
    Don't bet with your heart.
    thes0vereign's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Huge Caps fan here, flyers. I want to believe that they'll get on the right track today, but I'm cautious about getting optimistic about this team.

They've got a coach who has never coached in the NHL, a brand new system that is somewhere in between Boudreau and Hunter, they're battling injuries to key players (Laich & Orlov), they seem to be having mental lapses when they're on defense... Hell, our best pair is Alzner/Carlson and they've been on ice for 8 (5 on PK) & 9 (6 on PK) goals respectively.

We aren't getting offensive production. JOEL WARD leads the team with 2 goals. That's 33% of the Caps' scoring. The rest? Matt Hendricks, Joey Crabb, Wojtek Wolski, and Troy Brouwer each with 1 goal. Who is missing? Mike Green (0 pts), Marcus Johansson (0 pts)Matthew Perrault (0 pts), Ovechkin (1 pt), Nick Backstrom (2 pts).

So we're not scoring, we're showing no chemistry, and our goalies are being hung out to dry on the PK & at even strength.

Be wary about the Caps this year. They may come on strong in a few weeks, but they seem to have a stronger possibility of ending up UNDER 20 wins/40 pts in the standings.
    Last edited by thes0vereign; 01-25-13 at 12:11 PM.

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

The Caps need to run and gun period. None of this half trap/half offensive shit.

They won back to back President's trophies doing this. Sure they lost in the playoffs early but it's still no reason to abandon this philosophy.

Ovie looks depressed these days he needs to be let loose again or he may demand a trade or commit suicide

thes0vereign

Quote Originally Posted by DennisGreen View Post
    The Caps need to run and gun period. None of this half trap/half offensive shit.

They won back to back President's trophies doing this. Sure they lost in the playoffs early but it's still no reason to abandon this philosophy.

Ovie looks depressed these days he needs to be let loose again or he may demand a trade or commit suicide
    He was putting up over a PPG in KHL. Why? Because they told him to go be himself. Too many coaches want Ovechkin to fit a particular mold. The guy is built for firewagon hockey. You know he misses Bruce.

altieriflyers
    Rosamund

Quote Originally Posted by thes0vereign View Post
    Huge Caps fan here, flyers. I want to believe that they'll get on the right track today, but I'm cautious about getting optimistic about this team.

They've got a coach who has never coached in the NHL, a brand new system that is somewhere in between Boudreau and Hunter, they're battling injuries to key players (Laich & Orlov), they seem to be having mental lapses when they're on defense... Hell, our best pair is Alzner/Carlson and they've been on ice for 8 (5 on PK) & 9 (6 on PK) goals respectively.

We aren't getting offensive production. JOEL WARD leads the team with 2 goals. That's 33% of the Caps' scoring. The rest? Matt Hendricks, Joey Crabb, Wojtek Wolski, and Troy Brouwer each with 1 goal each. Who is missing? Mike Green (0 pts), Marcus Johansson (0 pts)Matthew Perrault (0 pts), Ovechkin (1 pt), Nick Backstrom (2 pts).

So we're not scoring, we're showing no chemistry, and our goalies are being hung out to dry on the PK & at even strength.

Be wary about the Caps this year. They may come on strong in a few weeks, but they seem to have a stronger possibility of ending up UNDER 20 wins/40 pts in the standings.
    Thanks Sovereign

altieriflyers
    Rosamund

Quote Originally Posted by thes0vereign View Post
    He was putting up over a PPG in KHL. Why? Because they told him to go be himself. Too many coaches want Ovechkin to fit a particular mold. The guy is built for firewagon hockey. You know he misses Bruce.
    Why did they let go Bruce in the first place? Look at Anaheim now.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

DG nailed it last night when he said Caps need to decide what style they want to play and stick with it.

mnwild11
    mnwild11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4005

Ok bluedragon,

in 2007-2008 Ovi scored 65 goals. I'm not sure how you cant rate him as one of the better (not best) players around these days. Maybe he is hyped up a bit, but just goes to show how much he means to the team- Ovi playing like shit= caps playing like shit

thes0vereign

Quote Originally Posted by altieriflyers View Post
    Why did they let go Bruce in the first place? Look at Anaheim now.
    After multiple seasons of losing early in the playoffs, the Caps started 2011 with a record of 12-9-1. I don't really think they WANTED to fire him, but the team's confidence was wavering. Boudreau was trying to change the team to one with more defensive responsibility,after signing players like Joel Ward and Troy Brouwer, it was evident Ted Leonsis wanted the team to play a more "playoff-friendly" style of hockey. I think in the process he stopped having fun and the players did too.

The team needed a spark, I would have argued to return to the run-and-gun. However, they made a hard decision that a lot of fans liked at the time, but probably don't like now.

vaas187
    vaas187's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedragon View Post
    Ovi is so fukkin overrated. i hate how people think he is the messiah of hockey.
    Stammer is the messiah