Betpoints: 214

Dennis Green

Sounds like you were right. Hearing Luongo to Leafs getting close

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

It's been a rumor for awhile now so I won't take any credit for it

I'm hearing some pretty shocking trades with the Canucks getting back Bozak, and Kadri.

I would be happy just to get one of them and some lesser known young guys

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by DennisGreen View Post
    It's been a rumor for awhile now so I won't take any credit for it

I'm hearing some pretty shocking trades with the Canucks getting back Bozak, and Kadri.

I would be happy just to get one of them and some lesser known young guys
    thats the names I heard tonight. Sounds like it could happen in next day or two

leafs_ducks
    leafs_ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4849

man fu ck the leafs if they make this trade.

leafs_ducks
    leafs_ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4849

probably gotta change my user name too. lol

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by leafs_ducks View Post
    probably gotta change my user name too. lol

Vegas39

Here's what I had seen :

#Leafs players linked to Luongo rumors at the moment are Bozak, Gunnarsson and Kadri from what I'm hearing. Again, no deal in place yet.

DriveFor25
    DriveFor25's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

If Burke gives up Bozak or Kadri let alone both of them for a bonafide choke artist he will further cement himself as the most overrated GM in the NHL.

Guy is so fuckin clueless

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by DriveFor25 View Post
    If Burke gives up Bozak or Kadri let alone both of them for a bonafide choke artist he will further cement himself as the most overrated GM in the NHL.

Guy is so fuckin clueless

No worries now as they fired him

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Luongo to Leafs for sure now. Former Canucks management Nonis takes over.

Burke clearly kept defying upper management about Luongo and he paid for it with his job.

DriveFor25
    DriveFor25's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

As much as I think Burke is an overrated GM, he got the short end of the stick on this one.

The BoG wanted to give up Gardiner + Kadri for Luo and Burke told them to go penetrate themselves.

Burke is right on this one, I wouldnt give up either of them for Luongo, let alone both of em.

Vegas39

A new player a Flyers making a push for Luongo

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

Leafs would be stupid to give up Gardiner in a Luongo trade. Bozak and Kadri are junk, but suitable for a trade like this.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Hearing Philly rumors too. They couldn't buy out Bryzgalov til June though and have limited cap space so not sure how they could pull it off.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Come on, let's be real here: Luongo couldn't handle the pressure in Vancouver, how can he handle it in Toronto? Guy should go to the Panthers or anything like that, make some ca$h and slowly but surely end his career. Should have won a title in Vancouver. I'm glad that Cory is the main man now, hope I'm not wrong.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by zizoudane10 View Post
    Come on, let's be real here: Luongo couldn't handle the pressure in Vancouver, how can he handle it in Toronto? Guy should go to the Panthers or anything like that, make some ca$h and slowly but surely end his career. Should have won a title in Vancouver. I'm glad that Cory is the main man now, hope I'm not wrong.
    Florida is the only place that makes sense for Luongo but he is willing to get a fresh start wherever he is wanted. Philly and Toronto would both rip him to shreds if he doesn't live up to expectations. If he leads Toronto to the playoffs though he will be a hero in Toronto.

Vegas39

While as DG said if he doesn't perform it get bad, I do think he get get Leafs into playoffs.

while speaking of eastern Confrence is it trur Kovalchuk may stay in Russia?

bobbyk1133

Luongo to Florida doesn't make much sense. Markstrom is ready to become their main man soon. Kid is incredible...

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyk1133 View Post
    Luongo to Florida doesn't make much sense. Markstrom is ready to become their main man soon. Kid is incredible...
    Yeah I was speaking from Luongo's point of view.

Markstrom is gonna be good very soon. If I was Florida I wouldn't trade for Luongo.

bobbyk1133

Yeah I was speaking from Luongo's point of view.

Markstrom is gonna be good very soon. If I was Florida I wouldn't trade for Luongo.
    If he went to Florida it would be Luongo/Schneider...the sequel. He doesn't seem to care though since he's been so open about going there due to family.

GunnShow
    GunnShow's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not sure what Leaf fans are so upset about...Kadri/Bozak for Lu would be a steal

Do any of you guys remember who we have starting in goal this year? Post-consussion Reimer, Scrivens? Gimme a break

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

I am pretty sure that Luongo would bring the Leafs into the playoffs.
    But just in case it doesn't work out... He would be done. Like I said, he couldn't even handle the pressure in Vancouver, how could he handle it in Toronto? I think Panthers would fit perfect for him (Panthers shouldn't sign him though, but that's another story).
    On the other hand: Why should any team sign him? The guy costs a fcking lot. And he can be a damn hero sometimes, but in other games you wonder if it's him or his grandmother standing between the pipes. All in all I wouldn't sign him.
    Can Luongo help a very young but very talented goalie to get onto the next level? I don't know. If he can, he should be an option for some teams. But maybe he can't, because he is mentally too unstable to help his second man?

Redman3693
    Redman3693's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 359

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    While as DG said if he doesn't perform it get bad, I do think he get get Leafs into playoffs.

while speaking of eastern Confrence is it trur Kovalchuk may stay in Russia?

I'm pretty sure that he will return, there's a lot of cake on the NHL table - but there are rumors...

Datsyuk and Kovalchuk plan to play in KHL All-Star Game

Red Wings star Pavel Datsyuk is expected to play in the KHL All-Star Game in Russia on Sunday.

Datsyuk is one of a number of players who went to the Kontinental Hockey League during the NHL lockout. Now that players and owners have reached a tentative agreement to end the lockout, the KHL has needed to replace several selections to its All-Star Game. But a spokesman for the Russian league says Datsyuk and New Jersey Devils star Ilya Kovalchuk are still expected to participate.

NHL players have until Saturday to vote on the new labor deal that would end the four-month lockout. If a majority of players choose to accept the deal, training camps will open Sunday, and a 48-game regular season will begin Jan. 19.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle7207282/

NHL notes: Ilya Kovalchuk unsure of return to Devils

New Jersey Devils forward Ilya Kovalchuk would rather stay in Russia to finish off his season in the KHL, but understands that he is contractually obligated to return to the NHL.

"I want to stay in St. Petersburg but I have contractual obligations in the NHL, which will be hard to break," Kovalchuk told Russia's Sport-Express, according to their U.S. correspondent Slava Malamud.

Kovalchuk, set to play in the KHL's all-star game on Sunday along with Detroit Red Wings centre Pavel Datsyuk, will speak to SKA St. Petersburg management about possibly staying with the team and returning to the Devils in the fall.

Currently, the NHL and KHL have a transfer agreement to respect contracts in each other's leagues. If Kovalchuk does stay in Russia, the NHL could have his deal voided.

Kovalchuk is entering the third year of his 15-year, $100 million contract he signed with the Devils in 2010.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/01/10...turn-to-devils

Redman3693
    Redman3693's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 359

Luongo is a bit of a wildcard... But Toronto desperately needs 'a tender (7 years without making the playoffs for the most valuable team in the NHL is a really sad situation).

On the flipside, TO is so used to losing that if he does (I'm guessing the deal will get done) get traded there and things go south, it will just remain the status quo.

Season will start & the Leafs will get a bit of a jump out of the gate, they'll hit a wall, miss the playoffs again... Fans will just accept it and move on as they have for many moons. I sincerely hope they make the playoffs, but would not wager on it.

Vegas39

DG assume you know Booth will be out 4-6 weeks ouch

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Yeah just heard. Guy pisses me off to be honest. I was excited when we got him but he's been a disappointment. The clown was busy hunting all summer and clearly not training. He was posting pictures of bears, mountain goat etc every week on Twitter

Guy's a lot softer than I thought he was.

Vegas39

Injuries like that will hurt with this schedule. He could miss half the season of scheduled games

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Injuries like that will hurt with this schedule. He could miss half the season of scheduled games
    He was a non-factor last year anyways so I don't think it will hurt that bad. I'm looking forward to seeing a young guy given a shot. Still hurts somewhat though obviously for depth reasons.

Vegas39

if it was Rick DiPietro with that injury he'd be out til 2016

Vegas39

Not sure if true but saw posted on twitter

Nonis placed a call today to @LAKings regarding Bernier. Whether #Leafs interest is real or just trying to scare Gillis remains to be seen.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Not sure if true but saw posted on twitter

Nonis placed a call today to @LAKings regarding Bernier. Whether #Leafs interest is real or just trying to scare Gillis remains to be seen.
    Yeah heard that. Kings will demand a "King's ransom" (PUN) for Bernier anyways. Who really knows wish they would just made a deal already, getting sick of all the fake media stories being spread around.

Vegas39

Yeah heard that. Kings will demand a "King's ransom" (PUN) for Bernier anyways. Who really knows wish they would just made a deal already, getting sick of all the fake media stories being spread around.
    I agree and each year hear Bernier rumors. May be interest after season starts if some #1 goalies falter

vaas187
    vaas187's Avatar Become A Pro!

I do like DG's posts but this is obvious stuff, which is why he said he wont take credit.

in other news....JVR is out a couple weeks with a possible foot injury. Gardiner wont be back for a few weeks, taking it cautiously with his concussion. Reilly will play MAX 5 games and be sent down. Colton Orr seems to play a larger role this year.