uvarunthetable
    uvarunthetable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3474

College Hockey Betting Thread

So 5Dimes has recently started putting some college hockey lines up, and since I love following college hockey I figured I would start a thread for those that want to bet it. While the lines are double the juice I figure it would be fun to bet a little bit and see what happens, I by no means am saying that I am an expert/that I think or know we'll make money (have only bet on college lines in the frozen four the past two years, up a small amount but it is over an LOLsample size).

First bet of the year is going to be in the OSU/Miami game this Friday:

Miami -155
    Over 3.5 -170

Miami has a potent offense and is one of the best all around teams in college hockey. While they are on the road you tend to see a pretty decent Miami cheering section at the Schott (having seen a Miami/OSU game before). Ohio State's goalie Brady Hjelle is having a hell of a season thus far and is really who is keeping this OSU team in games, but I see Miami being too strong here. 3.5 goals is just too small for Miami's offense, even with Hjelle in net.

uvarunthetable

Well not the best start.....Hjelle played a hell of a game and had 28 saves to help the Buckeyes get a 1-1 tie.

Record: 0-2

uvarunthetable

Alright the next set of games come this weekend--

1) Michigan -130-- Michigan Tech hasn't won in over a month, and this game is going to be played in Joe Louis (which will make it virtually a home game for Michigan)-- Michigan always plays much better at home (they beat then number 3 miami earlier in the year) and have looked good in their recent games.

2) Air Force +2.5 -140-- While Minnesota is definitely the better team here playing at home, 2.5 goals is a lot against a well coached and stingy team in Air Force. While they haven't looked as good as last year's team, Air Force always seems to get up for big games (think last year in the tournament round 1 vs. Boston College, the year before that against Yale,etc.) and I can definitely see them hanging close in this game.

BOL all

Isaiah
    Isaiah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6957

Quote Originally Posted by uvarunthetable View Post
    Alright the next set of games come this weekend--

1) Michigan -130-- Michigan Tech hasn't won in over a month, and this game is going to be played in Joe Louis (which will make it virtually a home game for Michigan)-- Michigan always plays much better at home (they beat then number 3 miami earlier in the year) and have looked good in their recent games.

2) Air Force +2.5 -140-- While Minnesota is definitely the better team here playing at home, 2.5 goals is a lot against a well coached and stingy team in Air Force. While they haven't looked as good as last year's team, Air Force always seems to get up for big games (think last year in the tournament round 1 vs. Boston College, the year before that against Yale,etc.) and I can definitely see them hanging close in this game.

BOL all
    I enjoy college hockey as well. Thanks for the picks and write-ups, sound logic and I hope you go 2-0 this weekend. Best of luck to you and keep this thread alive. I will be following it to the frozen four.

uvarunthetable

Both Air Force and Michigan lost 4-0, so we are currently sitting at 0-4. I am quickly becoming the Brock Landers of college hockey betting, so hopefully we can turn this around.

For tomorrow our one play is Minnesota/BC Over 5.5 (-160)-- Both of these teams can score at will and despite good goal tending for both teams I definitely see this being a 4-3 kind of affair. Basically I think there is just too much offensive talent between both of these teams for this to stay under 5.5. Also it should be a great game to watch, I could easily see both of these teams rematching in a national championship.

Isaiah
    Isaiah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6957

Quote Originally Posted by uvarunthetable View Post
    Both Air Force and Michigan lost 4-0, so we are currently sitting at 0-4. I am quickly becoming the Brock Landers of college hockey betting, so hopefully we can turn this around.

For tomorrow our one play is Minnesota/BC Over 5.5 (-160)-- Both of these teams can score at will and despite good goal tending for both teams I definitely see this being a 4-3 kind of affair. Basically I think there is just too much offensive talent between both of these teams for this to stay under 5.5. Also it should be a great game to watch, I could easily see both of these teams rematching in a national championship.
    Yes I followed the games last night at http://www.collegehockeynews.com/ If you haven't already done so check out the site you will like it. Can't bring myself to lay -160 juice on the over tonight so I will only be observing. Good luck to you.

I parlayed last night's plays so my loss was less than it would have been had I wagered on each match separately. I think that is called looking for a silver lining. Hang in there, your fortune will change if you know your hockey.

uvarunthetable

Well we finally got on the board as Minnesota rocked BC 8-1-- Nice to finally get a cash! Will keep updating as more games come up