beermankirk
    beermankirk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 885

Anyone bet AHL in here? AHL betting thread....

Going to the opener tomorrow nite, so small bet on the Heat, no strategy here... Any guys that do ok on AHL?

Money Line

Pick the winner of the game (overtime/shootout included)
    Peoria Rivermen -138

Abbotsford Heat +110

beermankirk

Well, Abby Heat up 4-0 after 2 periods...

First row has all the AHL live feeds streamed. The feeds are pretty bad, as they are from the home team in house scoreboard, with the commentary from either the home or away broadcast team over top of the video.

the best part with the in house feed is you get to see the intermission stuff from the big screen...

beermankirk

For Friday.. from a buddy, nice value on OKC Barons...

OKC Barons BIG PLAY -140 (Battle of Texas)

Green #12-Nugent-Hopkins #18-Eberle #7
    Paajarvi #19-Vande Velde #29-Hartikainen #10
    Anti Tyrvainen #14-Arcobello #26-Pitlick #9
    Hamilton #13-House #21-Byers #34

Marincin #28-J. Schultz #5
    Fedun #27-Plante #4
    Davidson #3-Teubert #33

Danis #35
    Roy #31

........................................ .......................................

1 Dov Grumet-Morris - G 17 Casey Wellman - C

2 Michael Caruso - D 18 John McFarland - RW

3 Alex Petrovic - D 24 Quinton Howden - LW

4 Josh McFadden - D 25 Colby Robak - D

5 Tyson Strachan - D 26 John Rheault - RW

6 Jason DeSantis - D 27 Greg Rallo - C

7 John Lee - D 28 James Wright - C

9 Jonathan Hazen - RW 29 Michael Houser - G

10 Josh Birkholz - RW 30 Jacob Markstrom - G

12 Jared Gomes - C 32 Scott Timmins - C

14 Jean-Francois Jacques - LW 36 Drew Shore - C

15 Eric Selleck - LW 39 Justin Vaive - LW

16 Andre Deveaux - RW 43 Nolan Yonkman - D

Nick_U
    Nick_U's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

LOVE okc tonight. Im going with springfield and wilkesbarrie-scranton as well, i think they are due. Does anyone know any good live streaming websites for AHL?

leafs_ducks
    leafs_ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4849

Any more. Picks?

uvarunthetable
    uvarunthetable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3474

what book do you use to bet ahl?

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

Springfield PK <--- best bet
    Rockford PK, over 5.5
    Rochester PK, over 5.5
    Adirondack +.5
    Fun league to bet. Loaded with NHL prospects.

mart59a
    mart59a's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13553

Love the Springfield pick...what do you think about Worcester/Portland over 5.5?

bobbyk1133

Quote Originally Posted by mart59a View Post
    Love the Springfield pick...what do you think about Worcester/Portland over 5.5?
    Too much of a coin flip game for me. Nothing stands out for either team.

mart59a

Thx...bol tonight.

leafs_ducks

Dumb question. Wat does pk stands for

bobbyk1133

Quote Originally Posted by leafs_ducks View Post
    Dumb question. Wat does pk stands for
    "pick". If it's tied after 60 min it's a push. All from Pinnacle. Not too many books offer AHL, but it's taken Pinny over a month to start putting out proper lines. They seem pretty clueless with this league.

Juret
    Update your status
    Juret's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1239

any books at all offering AHL except for Pinny ?

bobbyk1133

Quote Originally Posted by Juret View Post
    any books at all offering AHL except for Pinny ?
    I've seen SIA and Bodog/Bovada put up lines, but they don't do it consistently. They also don't offer nearly as favorable odds/options.

I imagine I'll be sticking with AHL all year if the lockout wipes out the entire season. It's really good hockey and there's over 100 NHL quality prospects that have either played in the NHL already or are right on the cusp of it. And I think it's much easier to bet compared to the KHL because A) we know who the best players are and B) it's in our time zone

There's also no chance for the Russian mafia to be influencing things (half joking).

Juret
    Update your status
    Juret's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1239

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyk1133 View Post
    I've seen SIA and Bodog/Bovada put up lines, but they don't do it consistently. They also don't offer nearly as favorable odds/options.

I imagine I'll be sticking with AHL all year if the lockout wipes out the entire season. It's really good hockey and there's over 100 NHL quality prospects that have either played in the NHL already or are right on the cusp of it. And I think it's much easier to bet compared to the KHL because A) we know who the best players are and B) it's in our time zone

There's also no chance for the Russian mafia to be influencing things (half joking).
    Thanks for the information.

AHL is not in my time zone, but I still bet it
    The limits are fairly low however at Pinny so I would need some diversification across serious bookmakers, but I understand that's too much to ask for this league.

leafs_ducks

Pinny offers them? I was looking at it the other day n didn't any options on them?? I must be blind.

bobbyk1133

NHL taking 2 weeks off? What....a......joke.

AHL Friday

Grand Rapids PK
    Charlotte PK

Others worth a look...

Abbotsford PK, over 5.5
    Manchester PK
    Springfield PK
    OKLA -.5

bobbyk1133

Saturday

Albany PK, over 5 (sneaky value w/ 4 SOL)
    Wilkes-Barre PK
    Roch/Bing over 5.5
    Springfield PK

bobbyk1133

9-8-1 so far

Sunday
    Abbotsford PK
    Charlotte PK (silly value)
    Rockford/Houston over 5.5

jdmcrae
    jdmcrae's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

Hmmmm, I've really missed NHL betting. I think I may dive into the AHL just to fill the void

bobbyk1133

From Covers...

No NHL. No problem. Check out the latest betting news and notes from the young guns in the AHL.

Hot Team: Toronto Marlies

The Marlies are starting to look like the Calder Cup finalists they were last season, winning six of their last seven games. In that span, Toronto has scored 34 goals, a huge improvement over 19 goals in its first eight games.
    The added offense is coming from familiar sources like Nazem Kadri, who only managed three assists in October but has sprung to life in the last five games with 11 points. Nicolas Deschamps has scored in each of the last three games, while defensemen Jake Gardiner and Mike Kostka continue to generate scoring chances from the blueline, combining for 16 points in the last seven games.
    Even with goal-scoring leader Leo Komarov looking to return to Russia, Toronto has the scoring depth to maintain its recent gains. If they find some consistency in goal, the Marlies could go far again this season.

Cold Team: Manchester Monarchs

At the end of October, Manchester was 5-1-0-0 with an offense averaging four goals per game. In eight games since, the Monarchs have scored more than two goals in a game only twice -- their only two wins in that time.
    Brandon Kozun, the team scoring leader with 13 points, is a minus-4 with no points in his last two games, while players like Andrei Loktionov and Slava Voynov are struggling to find consistency after spending significant time in the NHL last season.

Adding to their woes is the recent slump of starting netminder Martin Jones, who has allowed four or more goals in three of his last four starts. But Jones can only do so much if pucks aren’t going in at the other end of the ice.

Prospect Watch: Binghamton Senators

Defenseman Jared Cowen is done for the season after undergoing surgery to repair a torn labrum, but the Senators still have a number of exciting prospects to watch on Binghamton.
    Robin Lehner is one of the league’s best goaltenders through 10 starts, with a 1.77 goals-against average and .945 save percentage. Lehner is the main reason the Senators aren’t at the bottom of the East Division, having scored a division-low 34 goals.
    Mark Stone and Mika Zibanejad both have five points, but Stone has only played seven games, while Zibanejad has played all 13 for Binghamton. Jakob Silfverberg, a second-round pick in 2009, has seven points to start his first North American pro season.

Scoring Leaders: Week 6

Rookie defenseman Justin Schultz continues to lead the league with 21 points, while his Oklahoma City teammate Jordan Eberle is next with 19. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins has 17 points, tied with Nino Niederreiter, Gustav Nyquist, Brayden Schenn, Cory Conacher and T.J. Hensick.

Surveying the schedule:
    - The Abbotsford Heat head south for the first time this season, with games against Texas (Friday), San Antonio (Saturday) and Houston (Sunday). The Heat are 2-2-0-1 on the road this season, a far cry from their 8-0-1-1 home record.
    - The Milwaukee Admirals have a busy week on the road. Starting on Tuesday in Chicago, the Admirals play four games around the midwest, heading to Peoria on Friday, back to Chicago on Saturday and east to Grand Rapids on Sunday.

bobbyk1133

Wed

Wilkes-Barre PK
    Charlotte PK (still undervalued)
    Oklahoma PK, over 5.5

bobbyk1133

woohoo 4-0 night. Back on the plus side.. 13-10-1 overall.

bobbyk1133

Friday

Adirondack PK
    Grand Rapids PK
    Albany PK (undervalued), over 5.5
    Binghamton +.5 (undervalued)
    Houston PK (WTF are they thinking w/ these odds)

bobbyk1133

Who needs the NHL? 5-1 night. 18-11-1 overall.

mart59a

Good stuff!
    What's on the slate for today?

bobbyk1133

Saturday

Pinny finally sucked the value out of some of the games, but I still found...

Albany/Syracuse over 5.5
    Oklahoma - tough game, good value
    Binghamton PK
    Rockford PK
    Grand Rapids PK - unstoppable right now

bobbyk1133

3-1-1 night, but Rockford blew a 2 goal lead late for the push. 21-12-2.

Long-live the lockout.

bobbyk1133

Sunday

Oklahoma PK
    Texas PK
    Houston PK

bobbyk1133

2-0-1 day.

23-12-3 YTD.

bobbyk1133

No NHL. No problem. Check out the latest betting news and notes from the young guns in the AHL.

Hot Team: Oklahoma City Barons

The addition of Taylor Hall to the Barons’ stable of Oilers prospects, which already includes Jordan Eberle, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins and AHL scoring leader Justin Schultz, has turned Oklahoma City into the most feared opponent in the league.

In the last seven games, Hall has 14 points and the Barons are 6-0-1-0, averaging over four goals per game. After two convincing road victories over Charlotte this on the weekend, Oklahoma City trails the division-leading Checkers by only two points.

The Barons remain on the road against divisional opponents Houston and San Antonio before closing out 2012 with seven of nine games at home. They could be a difficult team to catch in the standings by then.

Cold Team: San Antonio Rampage

The Rampage hit the road this week, a welcome change after playing seven of their last eight games at home and going 0-6-0-2 in that span. The slump has knocked San Antonio to the bottom of the league with 11 points.

Scoring is a big concern for the Rampage, who are relying on rookies Drew Shore, Quinton Howden and John McFarland to carry the load. So far, only Shore seems comfortable in a scoring role, tied for the team lead with 14 points. Howden has seven points and McFarland has just three assists.

Jacob Markstrom, San Antonio’s star goaltender, is also struggling with the starting role he claimed last season. Markstrom has a goals-against average over 3.00, a save percentage under .900, and two wins in nine starts.

Prospect Watch: Milwaukee Admirals

Milwaukee should receive a boost to its mediocre season now that Ryan Ellis is back in the lineup. Ellis was sidelined with a broken wrist suffered in the offseason and his return will allow the Admirals more flexibility on their defense, taking some pressure off Jonathon Blum.

With eight points and a minus-7 rating through 17 games, Blum has been overshadowed by teammates like 2009 fourth-round pick Mattias Ekholm. But Ellis’ return has helped Blum simplify his game, and he has a plus-3 rating from the last two games because of it.

Ellis will provide more offense from the blueline (he already has 12 shots in his first four games) and complement the scoring of fellow OHL alumnus Austin Watson, who is tied for the team lead with 13 points as a rookie.

Surveying the schedule:

- The Texas Stars have a busy week on the road, with a stop at Rockford on Tuesday before playing back-to-back games in Grand Rapids on Friday and Saturday and travelling to Peoria for Sunday. The Stars end their midwest road trip in Milwaukee next Wednesday.

- The Syracuse Crunch conclude a five-game road swing this weekend with games against Wilkes-Barre/Scranton (Friday), Connecticut (Saturday) and Binghamton (Sunday). With a 9-0-0-1 away record, the Crunch probably wish they could stay on the road forever.

Pinny actually gave us +140 on Oklahoma the past 2 games vs Charlotte. So stupid, but thanks!

xraygord
    xraygord's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

Holy phuck, I had no idea Pinny offered AHL. Just happened to look under hockey today and noticed. This changes everything.

bobbyk1133

Wednesday

Rochester -.5

leafs_ducks

Where can I find starting line up before game.time?

bobbyk1133

Quote Originally Posted by leafs_ducks View Post
    Where can I find starting line up before game.time?
    No idea. I just keep an eye on notable injuries.

12 Last