Betpoints: 56

Rick Nash has been traded to the New York Rangers

Details to follow

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Yup Dreger just broke the news. Unreal.

@DarrenDreger: I'm told Rick Nash trade to NYR is done pending trade call. Stepan not included.

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Jackets get Ansimov,Dubinsky,Erixon , and a first round pick in return.

hydrosmak
    Update your status
    hydrosmak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 471

Not bad but surely doesn't seem like something that would take months to get hashed out....

POTVINSUX
    POTVINSUX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 602

Coming from a diehard Blueshirts fan I am dissapointed to say the least. Gave up way too much here for Nash. Anisimov leaving and giving up a first round pick hurts the most. Nash is going to tie up the Rangers for years to come.

neel
    neel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 203

Quote Originally Posted by POTVINSUX View Post
    Coming from a diehard Blueshirts fan I am dissapointed to say the least. Gave up way too much here for Nash. Anisimov leaving and giving up a first round pick hurts the most. Nash is going to tie up the Rangers for years to come.
    General consenus in the hockey world is that Howson got fleeced. The old adage in sports is that whoever gets the best player wins the trade and in this case the Rangers acquired the far superior player. Nash has been phenomenal when playing with other good players with Team Canada and was stuck in hell in Columbus. With Richards setting him up he'll be a force.

Lol at missing Anisimov. We've seen about the best we will from him and Dubinsky. Who knows how Erixon will turn out. I've had a buddy with season's tickets to the Rangers emailing me all day he's so stoked. Can't believe I'm seeing Range Nation disappointment.