Flyers09
    Flyers09's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ovie!

im expecting him to make a mark, show why he is better then crosby by a long shot, before his team gets eliminated!

Lets GO Ovechkin!

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Yup the only edge Crosby has on Ovechkin is in whining to the refs and speaking English.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8478

Alexander Ovechkin Loses Three Teeth While Eating Breakfast
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 04-16-15 at 11:29 AM. Reason: image does not exist

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by DennisGreen View Post
    Yup the only edge Crosby has on Ovechkin is in whining to the refs and speaking English.
    Demonstrably false, if you've seen the way Crosby creates for his teammates.

Look at how much Pittsburgh lost from last year's team. Then look at how they're playing now.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    Demonstrably false, if you've seen the way Crosby creates for his teammates.

Look at how much Pittsburgh lost from last year's team. Then look at how they're playing now.
    Yeah not just thanks to Crosby. Malkin is a better player than him also and has played better this season than Crosby.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Fine, then. So Malkin is better than Ovulation. Whichever way you want it.

Crosby is a great player, though, and it's amazing the jealousy/enmity that some fans have for him.

If you claim he cries to the refs too much, there are guys who are much worse in that regard.

If your complaint is that the NHL overhypes him, I agree. That's their marketing strategy. It isn't Crosby's fault.

And did I say they're good all thanks to Crosby? It's thanks to a group of guys. I pointed them out to Papa in an earlier thread.
    Last edited by yisman; 04-30-09 at 09:32 PM.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    Fine, then. So Malkin is better than Ovulation. Whichever way you want it.

Crosby is a great player, though, and it's amazing the jealousy/enmity that some fans have for him.

If you claim he cries to the refs too much, there are guys who are much worse in that respect.

If your complaint is that the NHL overhypes him, I agree. That's their marketing strategy. It isn't Crosby's fault.
    LOL you can't deny though that Ovechkin is the game's best player. I will admit he's a top 3 player and being a Canadian I know it's odd that I prefer a Russian over him.

He is a hell of a player and I actually admire him getting dirty and dropping them occasionally, he's way less of a puss than Gretzky was.

Crosby is a great guy, he is great with his teammates and fans for sure. The media does kinda make him out to be a bigger whiner than he is though.

As for the whining yeah there are players that are way worse, just usually they aren't the top NHL players, they are usually the enforcers, grinders etc.

Tarvold
    Tarvold's Avatar Become A Pro!

LOL you can't deny though that Ovechkin is the game's best player. I will admit he's a top 3 player and being a Canadian I know it's odd that I prefer a Russian over him.

He is a hell of a player and I actually admire him getting dirty and dropping them occasionally, he's way less of a puss than Gretzky was.

Crosby is a great guy, he is great with his teammates and fans for sure. The media does kinda make him out to be a bigger whiner than he is though.

As for the whining yeah there are players that are way worse, just usually they aren't the top NHL players, they are usually the enforcers, grinders etc.
    Good post and agree with all sentiments.

Flyers09

are you my lost twin brother???

Flyers09

crosby is good yes, but his baby acts and non dropping of the gloves act, is a dissapointment in my eyes and if he were to drop em, he would prolly slap and pull hair...

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Flyers09 View Post
    crosby is good yes, but his baby acts and non dropping of the gloves act, is a dissapointment in my eyes and if he were to drop em, he would prolly slap and pull hair...
    The first two years of his career he did duck everyone, but he has 3 fights over the last 2 years including two this year. His two this year came vs the Panthers in two games this year. I mean I know he ducks most of the time but at least he's fought a few times.

Guys he fought:

Brett Mclean, Keith Ballard, and Phil Kessel

Now none of these guys are heavyweights obv, they are all 5'11-6 and under 200 pounds but still at least he fights a bit lol.

element1286
    element1286's Avatar Become A Pro!

The first two years of his career he did duck everyone, but he has 3 fights over the last 2 years including two this year. His two this year came vs the Panthers in two games this year. I mean I know he ducks most of the time but at least he's fought a few times.

Guys he fought:

Brett Mclean, Keith Ballard, and Phil Kessel

Now none of these guys are heavyweights obv, they are all 5'11-6 and under 200 pounds but still at least he fights a bit lol.
    It was Andy Ference not Phil Kessel.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by element1286 View Post
    It was Andy Ference not Phil Kessel.
    Right got my guys messed up.