DemoralizdDreamr
    DemoralizdDreamr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Hockey: Only way to score is fluke

In NBA, teams have plays like pick and roll or pop, backddor screen, get the ball in the post .... and you can score in a variety of ways.

In NFL, you can run the ball, pass from shotgun, go play action, throw a screen pass....

In MLB, you have guys who can draw walks and steal bases, guys who can hit home runs, guys that can bunt for base hits, or go hit and run...

In NHL, throw puck to the net. There so many of these shitty angle goals, puck hits five guys and takes a funny bounce, goalie gets caught out of position, only on power plays do teams have legit plays.

Masu485
    Masu485's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12813

They do make plays on charges to the net, or have set plays finishing with one-timers, but I do agree there are a lot of goals which seem to be 'shoot on net and get the rebound' or 'scramble in front of the net' type goals.

Scoring though is a lot harder than in other sports, which is why the total is so low. Sometimes I see shots that find the most miniscule gap and wonder how they do that.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

more luck involved, but also less referee involvement. sometimes teams create the luck, teams have to box out like in basketball. an average team like the sabres greatly increases their chances for a win when they always push skaters towards the walls, away from the middle of the rink where shots go in easier. the sharks don't box out enough and in my opinion that's why they lose some games.
    Last edited by face; 03-04-12 at 10:01 PM.

PuckIt
    See Premonition Below
    PuckIt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

DemoralizdDreamr

Quote Originally Posted by PuckIt View Post
    That was a very well designed play, get the puck to malkin and get out of his way

DemoralizdDreamr

But from a gambling perspective, how can we cap an over 5.5 for a game. Pretty much ever over 5.5 is at +110 or better nowadays. I mean, do we look for missing defense men?? Cuz looking at the goalies isnt working, there are rookies and shitty goalies who pick up shut outs over big time teams.

abe74
    abe74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4481

You should look up Andy McDonald's first goal from Saturday night against San Jose, now that's the best way to score.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

If the better teams consistently win, how is it luck?