OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Easy Money The Rest Of The Season Fading The Hawks

This is one seriously apathetic team right now. They're missing their captain and leader Toews, who may be shut down the rest of the year, missing 2 of their top 4 defenceman in Hjalmarsson and Montador (Montador looking doubtful to return), getting awful goaltending from Corey Crawford, and have special teams that are among the worst in the league. They've given up on their coaches and GM, who've failed to address any of their glaring weaknesses by the TDL. In fact I'd argue they got worse by shipping out John Scott to the Rangers for a 5th rounder. This team is now Charmin soft, and the players are mailing the season in. With nobody left to protect their smallish skill players they're going to turtle and just try to play out the rest of the season without getting hurt. I have zero hope of them making the playoffs unless Toews should miraculousy return soon.

I could write a ten page essay about what is wrong with this organization right now, but there's no need. To make a long story short, you guys should be fading the Hawks from here on out, unless 1) They're playing a bottom-dweller like Columbus, or 2) Toews returns to light a fire under their a$$es, because it sure ain't gonna come from these passive coaches who tolerate a country club atmosphere in the locker room.

/end of rant.

turtlejc
    turtlejc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

I'm from Chicago and a diehard fan and couldn't agree more..sad what this team has turned in to...just 2 years ago I was drunk at 6am on my way to the championship rally

mrginandtonic
    mrginandtonic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3132

Are You betting on Toronto tonight??

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3219

Over the play or nothing IMO, can't have any confidence backing either side at this point.

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Super tough call tonight Two teams playing horrible and not getting solid goaltending. Over sounds good although I'm sure it ends 1-0 somehow

DMBcardinal
    DMBcardinal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 400

ugh tell me about it. How Philly San Jose ended 1-0 is beyond me. Cost me a huge parlay too.

bhattman
    bhattman's Avatar Become A Pro!

one weird game to choose from tonight forsure....
    Over is 4-0 in Maple Leafs last 4 after allowing 5 goals or more in their previous game
    Over is 4-1 in Blackhawks last 5 vs. Eastern Conference
    Over is 5-1 in Maple Leafs last 6 Wednesday games
    Over is 4-1 in Maple Leafs last 5 vs. Western Conference
    Over is 8-2 in Maple Leafs last 10 games as a road underdog of +110 to +150

but then...
    Under is 5-0 in the last 5 meetings in Chicago
    and..
    Maple Leafs are 0-6 in the last 6 meetings

hawks ML isn't even worth it because of all the juice...over is the better play imo

OTL

Quote Originally Posted by mrginandtonic View Post
    Are You betting on Toronto tonight??
    Hey, sorry I didn't reply to you in time for the game. Yes, I did sprinkle a bit on the Leafs puckline. Chicago's playing about as expected in the 1st period, and Crawford layed a big egg. Looks like the over's gonna hit too.

Cheers!

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Hawks tanking it to finish 8th on purpose and face Canucks in round 1 again

OTL

Quote Originally Posted by DennisGreen View Post
    Hawks tanking it to finish 8th on purpose and face Canucks in round 1 again
    I think they're doing it to miss the playoffs. Upper management didn't get the message they were trying to send during the 9 game skid, so the downward spiral is going to continue.

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35459

Add the laffs to this list, holy shit they suck

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22628

Fade Hawks unless playing the Laffs

nammertl
    nammertl's Avatar Become A Pro!

leafs are like the tampa bays of 2 months ago. practically guaranteed Overs.

OTL

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Huntertz View Post
    Fade Hawks unless playing the Laffs
    They're not going to lose every remaining game, but they're going to lose most of them. This game was a coin toss with two tanking teams that are getting some horrific goaltending ATM. I'll keep this thread updated with my suggestions as the season winds down.

OTL

Chicago @ Ottawa :

If Anderson was in goal I would be pounding the hell out of the Senators here, but the Sens goaltending is a big question mark with Lehner between the pipes, and Ray Emery is getting the nod for the Hawks (he's not nearly as bad as Corey Crawford). Another coin flip type game to stay away from.

OTL

Chicago @ Detroit:

There's actually real good value on the Hawks in this spot. The team is still without captain Toews, Hjalmarsson, and Montador, but seems to have woken up a bit, winning their last 2 against Toronto and Ottawa, and they're getting good enough goaltending from Emery ATM. Detroit is just as banged up at this point, and Datsyuk, Lidstrom, and possibly Bertuzzi will miss today's game. I'd be taking the Blackhawks ML if not for the fact that I can't confirm who's going to be Detroit's goalie today. So since I only make high percentage plays I'm going to be taking Chicago at +1.5 goals.