Y0uName1t
    Y0uName1t's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im feeling suicidal

God damn it, seriousley. I started betting on NHL 2 months ago and quickly earned above $5000. Now im on the craziest fuckin lose-streak ever and im going nuts.

The other night for instance i had rangers against philly, vancouver o 2,5 and blackhawks over 2,5. ****** on vancouver. On another bet i had rangers ML, blackhawks win and sharks ML, ****** on blackhawks there.

Tonight I had:
    Toronto - TB o 5,5
    caps win
    dallas - detroit o 5,5
    blues o 5,5...and the ******* game ends with 5 goals. Powerplays, lots of shots... i mean can i get anymore ****** seriousley? I keep losing on ONE game and its the way that game is lost that is making me crazy.

And I was sitting and thinking about the overplay on that game and was considering to take the edmonton game instead, but i kept reading that stuipid pick article and decided to go for blues. Is God playing a trick on me or wtf is going on? How do i get out of this lose streak?!??! arrghhhhhhhhhh

tj0421
    tj0421's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 299

You got a problem bro!

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22604

You betting parlays?
    Straight picks look good.

RDUBS
    RDUBS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 917

God has nothing to do with it. Take it from someone who has been in and out of slumps for over 25 years. The slumps go on longer than the wins. It sukks but its a choice we make and hurting yourself is a permanent choice to a temporary solution. If you choose to continue betting play a few straight bets and stay away from totals. Then after you build a little take a whack at a big parlay if you need to. I hardly ever post but want to offer you some advice. I have been on both sides of the phone over the years and always preferred answering rather than calling. Slow down, take a breath and regroup. Good luck man.

JuniorAnalyst
    JuniorAnalyst's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

I know how you feel I turned 18 in September and quickly lost alot of money and I mean alot. I went on a run where I lost 10 $50 parlays in a row 1 parlay a day on 9 of the 10 parlays I got 2 of 3! ******* 1 short every night. Tonight I hit big and won alot back but still down alot since September. Its hard to bet just parlays and expect to win steadily cause it's nearly impossible. I'd suggest sticking to 2 teamers or straight wagers. Don't try and win anything back just wake up tomorrow and start fresh. Don't think oh this parlay is $50 to win $200 I wan more so you add another favorite or 2 that seem like locks because if you have 4 locks 1 is bound to fail you. If I could give you one tip it's just bet straight wagers. If I got 1 more I'd say do correlated parlays. Detroit& over 5.5 was my correlated parlay for today. Detroit was 4-0 after games in which they shutout there opponent. So today I bet them and since there offense is so strong and Howard is weaker on the road I took the over. My way of thinking doesn't always work but today it made me a happy man. Set some limits stick to your word. Don't get greedy!

RDUBS
    RDUBS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 917

Junior you are absolutely right. If I could go back 25 years and be in your shoes I would stop now. If you have it in you to bet small, set limits and not get greedy then you can have fun. YouName seems to need a break and quick. I don't like seeing anyone mention suicide because I have seen it happen. You guys all have to realize that there is always tomorrow or next week. Most people, businesses and even local books will take payment plans. Don't freak out but seek help if you ever need it.

Y0uName1t
    Y0uName1t's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks for the input guys, I apprichiate it. And just to clarify, i wasnt being litteral about the word suicidal. Its just so unbelievable frustrating going from such a win streak to this lose streak. I wouldnt have a problem if the case was that im bad, my picks are way off and im just betting blind. But the way i lose on these parlays is whats getting under my skin.

i guess the right way to go is to narrow them down and play like doubles or single bets, but it just feels like that stair will take to long to climb to cover the losses or get back near where i used to be. For instance, if i had played just 2 or 3 bets in my parlays these past days id be winning, but my losses are always in the back of my head and then looking at the return of the parlay i tend to add another bet and then it screws me over.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Dont fukkin kill yourself or sports, guy!!! Jesus!

JuniorAnalyst
    JuniorAnalyst's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Buddy everything your saying I was saying for the last few months over and over. I just keep finding ways to lose and burn cash. Today I'll be up 3-6 bills but that's not close to how much I'm down but you have to start somewhere! Realistically you can't win it all back tonight tomorrow this week or maybe even this month. Your goal is to not lose and wait for variance to kick in and save your ass were all bit by the bug and at 18 I can say I can't see myself not gambling in 10 years. It's become a lifestyle which is bad but if I can't stop might as well find a way to limit my losses. Days like today I convince myself I could be a pro counting stack after stack but if I lose it all back tomorrow it doesn't really matter. Set a unit amount and don't change it.

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Start following my NHL picks guy, I almost always beat the closing number. You cant fkn lose if you tail me

Take Min/Van Under 5 +113 at Pinny tomorrow

Line will be -104 by game time no joke

frankthetank
    frankthetank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

if you ever think of killing yourself because of gambling, stop gambling.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TR88

nammertl
    nammertl's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Boy View Post
    Start following my NHL picks guy, I almost always beat the closing number. You cant fkn lose if you tail me

If you recommend someone to follow you, will you reimburse them for all their losses?

eXon
    eXon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Been there myself so I know how it feels. Had an awesome winningstreak for a long time, I felt unstoppable, but then the losing streak started, and baaam, I'm almost back to where I started but hey you'll bounce back!

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

nhl can be infuriating

Gla$$y
    Gla$$y's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Boy View Post

Man I'm on the over allllll day ! the difference is not much on pinny, safer bet is the over imho.

BTW just try to enjoy the games dude, shit has its way of turning around..

gti175
    gti175's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1509

Parleys are for suckers. Don't be so greedy , and If your hitting 2/3 constantly you should be a winner picking 1 game at a time.

zandyman
    zandyman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 391

I only bet parlays when there's too much juice (-150 and up) on a few things I like. Stick to straight-up wagers at around Even. If you can't find any, take the day off. Remember: money not lost is as good as money won.