odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

It's the you knew I was going to do it play for Monday

Bruins PL +180. Definteily take my chances of this one hitting at those odds. I know, MTL plays them tough blah blah blah Carey Price blah blah blah..... Again, when a team playing this well goes against a team that just fired their coach because they are not playing well... well, just make the play at +180, can't see it getting any better than that, and be done with it.

leafs_ducks
    leafs_ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4849

agree! won't be on the puckline tho. just -1! GL!

odog11

Quote Originally Posted by leafs_ducks View Post
    agree! won't be on the puckline tho. just -1! GL!
    Not a bad idea, I also just threw down a little parlay on Bruins ML -175 with the Leafs ML at -130. Just feel LA is total fade material now for me and won't be able to keep up with the Leafs.

DHK
    DHK's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the under better

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Price too high on PL MTl is capable of making this a 1 goal game

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14010

any nhl team plus one and a half is always risky./you need to win by 2 goals/cmon wish i could find a site having records of that/anaheim goalie j.quick isv.v.good/be careful/gl

hydrosmak
    Update your status
    hydrosmak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 471

Quote Originally Posted by agendaman View Post
    any nhl team plus one and a half is always risky./you need to win by 2 goals/cmon wish i could find a site having records of that/anaheim goalie j.quick isv.v.good/be careful/gl
    And you bet on sports??!!??

odog11

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    Yes, they are, but they are not playing well and Bruins have won 8 of their last 10, all by 2 plus. They are just relentless now, not letting up when they get a lead. I think you are kind of crazy not to bet them on the PL right now unless there is a reason to suspect a let down.

WalterT
    WalterT's Avatar Become A Pro!

Let me share with some recommendations.

Detroit ML (1.71)
    High chance of -1.5 Bet on Detroit

Philadelphia ML (1.81)
    High chance of -1.5 Bet on Philadelphia

Boston ML (1.59)
    High chance of -1.5 Bet on Boston
    The Over/Under line is 5.5. The projection for Under is 60.92%

nammertl
    nammertl's Avatar Become A Pro!

Detroit is the only one I feel good about. The other bets are shaky, even if Boston just destroyed Philly. It's still about matchups and Boston does not match up well with Montreal. I'm feeling the game will go under as Montreal will have a hard time scoring on Boston with Thomas in net(assuming that Tim Thomas will be playing) add to that the fact that Boston only scored once in their win against Montreal. I think the bet here is the Game Total and it's going Under.

Just read the report on the october 27th game and Boston got shutout. The only Boston goal was scored by a Canadien forward. This means that that Boston scored 3 goals in 3 games against Montreal.

I would pound the MTL PL here.
    Last edited by nammertl; 12-19-11 at 09:57 AM.

odog11

Quote Originally Posted by nammertl View Post
    Detroit is the only one I feel good about. The other bets are shaky, even if Boston just destroyed Philly. It's still about matchups and Boston does not match up well with Montreal. I'm feeling the game will go under as Montreal will have a hard time scoring on Boston with Thomas in net(assuming that Tim Thomas will be playing) add to that the fact that Boston only scored once in their win against Montreal. I think the bet here is the Game Total and it's going Under.
    I like the under too in this one, but it is more than just the Philly game I am basing this one, look at the last two weeks and Bruins are playing at a much, much higher level than MTL. Not saying you can throw out past resuls/matchup, but I don't think MTL has ever faced the Bruins when they are playing this well. As I pointed out before MTL playing so bad they just fired their coach.

nammertl

Quote Originally Posted by odog11 View Post
    I like the under too in this one, but it is more than just the Philly game I am basing this one, look at the last two weeks and Bruins are playing at a much, much higher level than MTL. Not saying you can throw out past resuls/matchup, but I don't think MTL has ever faced the Bruins when they are playing this well. As I pointed out before MTL playing so bad they just fired their coach.
    I agree with you that Boston has been playing very well but who have they beaten really. Out of their last 15 wins, less than 5 have been against good opponents. Boston's win against Monstreal came in the middle of their winning streak where they were scoring 4+ on a regular basis and yet only managed 1 goal! Price may be the Nadal to Boston's Federer.

Add to this the fact that Montreal had lost 6 of the last 7 before they went on to beat Philly, and then Boston TWICE in back to back games early on in the season.

odog11

Quote Originally Posted by nammertl View Post
    Detroit is the only one I feel good about. The other bets are shaky, even if Boston just destroyed Philly. It's still about matchups and Boston does not match up well with Montreal. I'm feeling the game will go under as Montreal will have a hard time scoring on Boston with Thomas in net(assuming that Tim Thomas will be playing) add to that the fact that Boston only scored once in their win against Montreal. I think the bet here is the Game Total and it's going Under. Just read the report on the october 27th game and Boston got shutout. The only Boston goal was scored by a Canadien forward. This means that that Boston scored 3 goals in 3 games against Montreal. I would pound the MTL PL here.
    I think you are putting WAY to much emphasis on games from early in the season, those two games were the low point of the Bruins season. One last thing, much more relavant IMO, since that 1-0 game Price GA is 2.88 which is not horrible, but not outstanding. Last 5 games it's at 3.2 with a .895 save percentage. Bruins will score 3 or more in this one.

RHB041000
    RHB041000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 945

Quote Originally Posted by odog11 View Post
    Not a bad idea, I also just threw down a little parlay on Bruins ML -175 with the Leafs ML at -130. Just feel LA is total fade material now for me and won't be able to keep up with the Leafs.
    i did the same thing except also threw in the stars. i think they beat ANA tonight no doubt.

nammertl

Okay, went with odog cause he was on the money with boston/philly so i put down $150 on Boston -1.5 and Detroit -1.5. See you all when the puck drops.

lilb999
    lilb999's Avatar Become A Pro!

Det/bos ml parlay

odog11

Subban has the sniffles or something. Game time decision:

http://www.cjad.com/Blog/HabsNews/bl...tryID=10328321

mikea33
    Why Canucks, why?
    mikea33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

defiently pounding bruins ML...might parlay it with Detroit ML....only thing im worried about is edmonton is waaay better at home....detroit is waaaay worse on the road.

mikea33
    Why Canucks, why?
    mikea33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

and I think the line reflects that. also, anyone see value in the wild? they are the "best" team in hockey, with near +200 odds, i think vancouver wins but come on books daring you to bet against vancouver and i might try it

DEUCED
    DEUCED's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mikea33 View Post
    defiently pounding bruins ML...might parlay it with Detroit ML....only thing im worried about is edmonton is waaay better at home....detroit is waaaay worse on the road.
    Detroit is still a way better team tho.

nammertl

boston up 2-1 now, still a lot closer than many people thought at this point i think.

nammertl

Yeeeaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

PLEEEAAAAASSSEEEEEEE HOLD BOSTON PLEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASEE EE

nammertl

Arghghhh. Crap

lunchbawks
    NB#

odog11

Can't win em' all, had the 2 goal lead and under 2 minutes and Bruins hit he post of an empty net with about a second left.

lunchbawks
    NB#

pucklines suck

nammertl

Agreed. I let my greed cloud my judgement. Had I gone with my instincts I would be up a couple of hundred today.

Dogball
    Dogball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 395

Robbery

odog11

pucklines suck
    They can, but are nice when you hit, just have to pick and choose. I still have Detroit going at +210, up 1 with a period to go. Also Bruins and Detroit ML parlay.

encore_
    encore_'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

spoke too sooon

Dogball
    Dogball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 395

The pl cost me a 5 team parlay, other 4 team hit, huge payout