SportGTI
    Update your status
    SportGTI's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chances of this parlay hitting??

I really feel like we might see some blowouts tonight on the ice. Yesterday, we saw a lot of 1 goal games and I see it flipping tonight. What are your thoughts on this parlay with a few PLs:

Florida -1.5: Calgary is on a 2nd of a back to back and coming off a deflating loss in which they tie the game late only to lose 30 seconds into overtime. Florida is rested and should look to find their offensive stroke again against a tired Flames team

Pittsburgh -1.5: Pittsburgh with a lot of success against Ottawa and the Senators have lacked on defense quite a bit lately.

Devils -138: This is the one that scares me but with dallas on a back to back and potentially playing their 3rd goalie, I like the home team in this one.

What do you think the chances of this hitting are?

hydrosmak
    Update your status
    hydrosmak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 471

Flames also have a goalie starting for them who is making his NHL debut.

SportGTI
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by hydrosmak View Post
    Flames also have a goalie starting for them who is making his NHL debut.
    I read that earlier. However, do you think this is a good thing...could it be like a baseball hitter facing a pitcher for the first time where they don't know the goalies tendencies?

mart59a
    mart59a's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13553

I like it...especially with the goal tending situations for Calgary and Ottawa...BOL!

SportGTI
    Update your status

Thanks Mart59a

Mriceyman
    Mriceyman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2373

Devils mite have extra motivation tonite... Scott neidermayer nite and im sure they gona want a win in front of a packed house... with that said im goin over5

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3219

I like the Florida one, but not as sold on Pitt. Johnson in net for Pitt and Ottawa looked much better against the Bruins than the 5-2 score would suggest. They are home and off for a few days after this, so I expect a really good effort from them tonight. Think Pitt is just a little overvalued overall at this point. If I had to play Pitt would go with the PL probably, ML I think Ottawa is the play.

hydrosmak
    Update your status
    hydrosmak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 471

Quote Originally Posted by SportGTI View Post
    I read that earlier. However, do you think this is a good thing...could it be like a baseball hitter facing a pitcher for the first time where they don't know the goalies tendencies?
    Nah, the only thing you tend to see in hockey is that the team gets more defensive focused with a new goalie in net because they feel obligated to help the guy out. Saw it a lot with the Sabres and their back-up Enroth. Our defense has been pretty bad all season but they always seemed to show-up for our back-up.

SportGTI
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by odog11 View Post
    I like the Florida one, but not as sold on Pitt. Johnson in net for Pitt and Ottawa looked much better against the Bruins than the 5-2 score would suggest. They are home and off for a few days after this, so I expect a really good effort from them tonight. Think Pitt is just a little overvalued overall at this point. If I had to play Pitt would go with the PL probably, ML I think Ottawa is the play.
    Yea, Pittsburgh scares me. Their defense has been shaky lately having allowed many leaky goals. Might take them out. Thanks for the input odog

RHB041000
    RHB041000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 945

I really feel like we might see some blowouts tonight on the ice. Yesterday, we saw a lot of 1 goal games and I see it flipping tonight. What are your thoughts on this parlay with a few PLs:

Florida -1.5: Calgary is on a 2nd of a back to back and coming off a deflating loss in which they tie the game late only to lose 30 seconds into overtime. Florida is rested and should look to find their offensive stroke again against a tired Flames team

Pittsburgh -1.5: Pittsburgh with a lot of success against Ottawa and the Senators have lacked on defense quite a bit lately.

Devils -138: This is the one that scares me but with dallas on a back to back and potentially playing their 3rd goalie, I like the home team in this one.

What do you think the chances of this hitting are?
    dallas' 3rd goalie is extremely good. just so you know.

MysteryMung
    Freddy Lansen
    MysteryMung's Avatar Become A Pro!

raycroft is decent, but this is the 5th game of a road trip of just as many games. Last game on a road trip, back to back night, Dallas is 0-5 this season on 0 days rest. NJ is 5-2 this season on 2 days rest. Add in Hedburg, a rested up devils squad, at home - I like the play.

NJ -138 i'm thinking is

dmiles1021
    YouWager.eu
    dmiles1021's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by odog11 View Post

what so bad about Johnson? he's like 8-1-1 all time in Ottawa

RHB041000
    RHB041000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 945

Quote Originally Posted by MysteryMung View Post
    raycroft is decent, but this is the 5th game of a road trip of just as many games. Last game on a road trip, back to back night, Dallas is 0-5 this season on 0 days rest. NJ is 5-2 this season on 2 days rest. Add in Hedburg, a rested up devils squad, at home - I like the play.

NJ -138 i'm thinking is
    no not talking about raycroft, he's not playing tonight. i believe bachman is playing tonight for the stars?

815Sox
    815Sox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Just like in Baseball, we tend to remember the new guys who win moreso than the guys who lose. Thing is, new guys tend to struggle and have lots of nerves. The Panthers are a good offensive team, and they might be able to take advantage of this. I think its more likely that the he struggles than shines.

SportGTI
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by RHB041000 View Post

no not talking about raycroft, he's not playing tonight. i believe bachman is playing tonight for the stars?
    It's Bachman tonight and that scares me as he's been 3 - 0 -0 with a 0.90 GAA this season. I'm hoping he has his first struggle tonight as I've pulled the trigger on this parlay. It may or may not hit, but that's why it's called gambling. I'll hope it hits tonight