nammertl
    nammertl's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nammer's "Puck Stops Here" Hockey thread

Just starting a little record for myself. Was mainly an NFL bettor but NHL has become more decent as of late.

Thursday's picks

Dallas @ New York Islanders
    Dallas lost 5-4 last week so I'm a bit concerned, but it was a close game and Dallas is a top team that just shut out another top team (the Rangers)the other night.

pick: Dallas 3-1

Vancouver @ Carolina
    Canucks are the heavy favorites here but they just barely lost to one of the worst teams the Blue Jackets. I think they'll bounce back and trash Carolina.

pick: Vancouver 4-2

Los Angeles @ Columbus
    I'll give the nod to CBJ. They may be bad but they just beat CBJ, they play at home, and the LA Kings who are exactly who we think they are.

Philadelphia @ Montreal
    Philadelphia will win by at least 2 goals here. Montreal's riding high on their 2 win streak, also beating a surging Devil's team, but I don't think they'll beat the orange and black juggernauts.

pick: Philadelphia 5-2

Calgary @ Tampa Bay
    Calgary is just ever so slightly better than TB. Normally I'd give the edge to the home team when two teams are closely matched but TB just looks defeated as of late.

pick: Calgary 2-1

NY Rangers @ St. Louis Blues
    I think Elliott will keep it close for the Blues but I think the NYR will score the points needed to take the W.

pick: NY Rangers 2-1

Detroit @ Nashville
    Continuing on their hot streak, Detroit should beat the Preds pretty handily.

pick: Detroit 3-1

Washington @ Winnipeg
    They split the last 2 games with the Caps winning at home and losing in Winnipeg, so I expect the trend to continue and the Jets should come out on top.

pick: Winnipeg 3-1

Edmonton @ Phoenix
    A close match, but playing at home and having already beaten the oilers this season should give them the confidence to do it again.

pick: Phoenix 3-2

Colorado@ San Jose
    Something's going on in San Jose and it's not something good. I think Colorado will win again in the rematch.

pick: Colorado 3-2

I would most certainly parlay Philly with the Over and Vancouver for a 3 roll. I'll probably parlay Dallas and Detroit for a 2 roll. Those are the ones I'm most confident in. The Rangers underdog bet would be a decent one as well.
    Last edited by nammertl; 12-15-11 at 08:00 AM.

leafs_ducks
    leafs_ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4849

playing all of the games on the board? GL!

Quasar
    Quasar's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by nammertl View Post
    Los Angeles @ Anaheim
    Anaheim just thrashed Nashville 4-1 while the Kings were shut out against the Bruins Tuesday. I think the Ducks at home give them the edge.
    LA @ Colombus tomorrow.

I like most of your picks. BOL!

nammertl

Quote Originally Posted by Quasar View Post
    LA @ Colombus tomorrow.

I like most of your picks. BOL!
    Thanks for the correction. For some reason my schedule showed Anaheim. It's changed now.

nammertl

Quote Originally Posted by leafs_ducks View Post
    playing all of the games on the board? GL!
    Will play the detroit, dallas, philadelphia, and vancouver games in 2 to 3 team parlays. The others are too close to call, including the NYR whom I like alot.

My bets:

1)
    Dallas
    Philly/Montreal O 5.5
    Detroit

$100 to win $1215.

2)
    Vancouver
    Philadelphia
    Detroit

$75 to win $309
    Last edited by nammertl; 12-15-11 at 11:01 AM.