Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Do the Flyers have the pieces this year to get back to the cup?

I watched hockey a lot more years ago, and it seems like these guys still have some great players. Pronger Timmonen. They have a black guy that's fast and strong. And the ageless wonder Jagr. Are they better now then they were when they went to the finals a couple years ago?

I think them or the Red Wings might take it all this year. It's a nice story for Jagr if he got to the finals. I can see it happening and giving ESPN something big to write about.

what do you hockey men think. who takes it down this year

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

I have a gut feeling that the Rangers win it all this year. I know their defense is quite the strongest but they've got Henrik Lundqvist as their last man on defense. I also really like their offensive core its balanced really well throughout all 4 lines.

hydrosmak
    Update your status
    hydrosmak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 471

Quote Originally Posted by D3 Mighty Ducks View Post
    I have a gut feeling that the Rangers win it all this year. I know their defense is quite the strongest but they've got Henrik Lundqvist as their last man on defense. I also really like their offensive core its balanced really well throughout all 4 lines.
    But can they play the physical brand of playoff hockey?

potsie
    potsie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 270

They have to stop giving up 4 goals per game if they want to make it through the first round. Detroit is looking strong at both ends of the ice.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by potsie View Post
    They have to stop giving up 4 goals per game if they want to make it through the first round. Detroit is looking strong at both ends of the ice.
    In the NBA, I believe regular season stats are some of the most worthless to look at when trying to analyze the playoffs. I hope the Red Wings take it down. Do we have the best player in the world on the wings because of what he does on both ends.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by D3 Mighty Ducks View Post
    I know Lundqvist but I don't know any other players for the rangers. I only know old timers like Selanni and Jagr

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Quote Originally Posted by hydrosmak View Post

But can they play the physical brand of playoff hockey?
    Sure, why not? They have a solid physical defensive core in my opinion. Like I mentioned offensively they are pretty balanced throughout all 4 lines with snipers, playmakers and grinders all mixed in there. It'll come down to how well Gaborik can do in the playoffs. When he's scoring and contributing to the offense that team is tough to beat. But back to your question about if they can play the physical brand of playoff hockey. I say yes and that's because their coach John Tortorella has won a cup with the Lightning before and he's definitely no push over. He knows what it takes to win I like him a lot.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Philly won't make it if they keep blowing 1st periods. Can't count on comeback wins every night especially in a conservative playoff series.

Also they take azzloads of penalties, I don't think they will make it.

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    I watched hockey a lot more years ago, and it seems like these guys still have some great players. Pronger Timmonen. They have a black guy that's fast and strong. And the ageless wonder Jagr. Are they better now then they were when they went to the finals a couple years ago? I think them or the Red Wings might take it all this year. It's a nice story for Jagr if he got to the finals. I can see it happening and giving ESPN something big to write about. what do you hockey men think. who takes it down this year
    Philly is probably stonger than they were that year, but also probably 3 other teams in the East now that are better or close to that Philly team.

Pucks
    Pucks's Avatar Become A Pro!

They only way they get back to the Cup is if Boston and Pittsburgh gets knocked out 1st round.

Bruins as of now seem too tough to beat, yes it is a long year and injuries can kill any team.

Pens need Crosby and Malkin healthy or they are out again in the 1st round.

Flyers need 3 things to happen for them to get back
    1/ Pronger needs to be healthy or this team goes no where fast. (avg 29 min. toi)
    2/ The nut case in net needs to be great. Which he can at times but really never had a good team in front of him.
    3/ Jagr and Briere have to continue to be the 1 pt avg per game guys in the playoffs which they have been.

Giroux is only getting better every year. Max Talbot scores big goals in the playoffs. Hartnell is having a good year. Matt Read (who exactly) can be a unsung hero.

The future is bright in Philly....