I made a very poor call on the world series total but had a 5-1 day in hockey. Pretty good day overall.

Detroit -5. (reg.time) -138 risk 3.76

Laying -138 on a regulation wager is good way to go broke in hockey but Friday night hockey in Detroit with an undefeated Red wings team going up against the winless Blue Jackets, missing one of their best players in Jeff Carter, seems like a pretty good spot to try it. Detroit has won 10 of the last 13 matchups and went 4-1-1 against the Blue Jackets during the 2010-11 season, I just dont see the Blue Jacket getting their first win tonight.

The Red wings havent played in almost a week and may come out rusty, if anyone were taking the Blue jackets it probably should be in the first period.

San Jose -120 risk 1.2

This seems to be a very popular pick on the boards, San Jose is struggling in the win column but they really are not playing bad, getting off way more shots than their opponents but making dumb penalties and mistakes. New jersey has been tough at home , going 19-7 in its last 26 home games, but the Sharks should be getting close to desperation mode to get a win, the Pacific division actually looks extremely tough this year,I think with Brodeur out tonight the Sharks get this one.

Anaheim -140 risk 2.8

Anaheim/ Dallas under 1.5 first period -130 risk 2.6

CFB

4 team 13 point teaser

Rutgers +14.5, syracuse +27,arkansas -2.5,nc state +18.5 -130 risk 1.3