hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Leafs vs. Avs

Surprised to see the Leafs favoured let alone at 1.78. I don't think either the Leafs or Avalanche are anywhere close to a strong playoff contender and are just having excellent starts. I am a tried and true Leafs fan so I will be cheering for them however I think the smart money is on Colorado. What does everyone else think?

killersweet
    killersweet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9409

So far leafs have been money for me, mainly cuz of their schedule. I am leaning towards the leafs cuz Avs have been on the road for 4 games now and may be tired. Then again hard to take leafs at -130. I would rather take the over in the game.

og4667
    og4667's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2920

I think Colorado is the play in this one. They have played well vs toronto in the past and have been a decent road dog in the past. leaning towards the dog in this one

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

Still great value on the AVS.

Take them on the ML

psycho44
    psycho44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

think J.S. Giguere will be in net. Interesting but if past trends indicate anything about the Leafs they tend to play great against good teams and suck it up bad against bad teams. They also like to go through roller coaster where they play good one day and are a different team another day. Hard to predict which team will show up today but if the past 2 games is any indication they seemed to be too over confident until shit hits the fan they start playing hockey.

Haven't seen the odds but if Leafs are heavy favourite there's good value going against them. Usually close to game times Leafs fan will push the line further on their team.

xxx
    xxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28282

this will be avs 4th game in 6 nights and last before they head home. they did show some signs of fatigue in the third period vs montreal.

killersweet
    killersweet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9409

Quote Originally Posted by xxx View Post
    this will be avs 4th game in 6 nights and last before they head home. they did show some signs of fatigue in the third period vs montreal.
    That is the reason i am hesitant to take them. and Leafs are unpredictable. may be i should just leave this game alone.

gohabsgo
    gohabsgo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Avs and over for me

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22604

Colorado is getting a ton of chances from all three lines.
    Laffs haven't played a good team yet, tonight they will.
    Getting +$$ against the Laffs is always a solid wager.

bobbyk1133

AVS $$ train keeps rollin'...choo choo

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Congrats to the Avs backers. I didn't put any money on them and it'll be interesting to see how they do back at home. It may be a let down game against Chicago on Thursday. I think I'll be playing the Hawks ML.

bobbyk1133

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post
    Congrats to the Avs backers. I didn't put any money on them and it'll be interesting to see how they do back at home. It may be a let down game against Chicago on Thursday. I think I'll be playing the Hawks ML.
    This could be a good call. Players often come out less focused the 1st home game after a long road trip...especially considering how good they must be feeling about themselves.