iginlafire
    iginlafire's Avatar Become A Pro!

CAN vs. GER @ WJHC - Monday Dec. 29

As solid as team Canada appears to be after two games, I think there is some money to be made here taking the 7 goals and German side tonight. Germany lost to the US 8-2, but rebounded by trouncing the Kazakhs 9-0. They are led by a couple of solid forward prospects, and two solid goalies- this is no easy game for Canada like yesterday's was.

From a team Canada perspective, I know the TSN crew (especially Pierre MacGuire) were preaching that the Canadians did a good job not picking up any bad habits against an inferior opponent in the Kazakhs, but I didn't think things were as rosy as they said. The Germans can play, and if Canada continues to pressure as much as they did in the neutral zone, the Germans are smart enough to counter by chipping the puck past the Canadian d-men and enetering the zone with some speed.

Also Pickard wasn't tested at all and he or Toharski will certainly be put to the test a little more than yesterday. Not to mention the Germans had a day of rest in between games, while Canada played yesterday. That's obviously less of a factor given the age of the players, the lack of travel, and the international stage, but at least the Germans had an extra day of prep.

If the Germans stay out of the box, I don't think there's any chance the Canadians win by 8 goals. So take Germany and the 7 goal cushion- it's one play that really stands out in my mind today.

Play = Germany +7.5. GL!

wannabet
    wannabet's Avatar Become A Pro!

Germany +7.5 sounds very good, but I don't care about juniors, good luck anyway.

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Yeah I see Canada winning this by 5 or 6 I'd take Germany to cover the spread on this one.