guil0000
    guil0000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2115

Florida +155, 1* (Bwin)

Pittsburgh are back home after a successful western road trip and that's a classic let down spot. Malkin is questionable and the Panthers played a very good opener and should be pumped to play this pens team. My first thought about this Panthers team is that they will be quite better then last year and could surprise some. We are getting a good price here and I will take it

guil0000

add 3* with the intention of buying it back later with the news of Malkin being out. Should provide a nice Middle

total
    Florida +155, 4* (Bwin)

guil0000

I wasn't planning on playing this game but at this price I don't think I have a choice. Ottawa should not be favored against anyone right now. Their defense is dreadful and this is the type of teams that I think they will struggle. The Wild have always been a strong system team and plays tight Defense and capitalizes on mistakes. The Ottawa defense WILL make a ton of mistakes. That's what they do. Yes the wild played yesterday, but even so Ottawa should not be -130 favorites. I think opening line was closer to where it should be.

OnTheRise23
    OnTheRise23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1850

Does that meant your going on Minn? I see that backstrom was confirmed at Minns goalie which helps their cause. Back to backs arent that big of a deal at this point but they did have to travel from NY to Ottawa. Just looking at Ott's team makes it near impossible to bet on them, let along make them a favorite. I wonder if there is something that im missing here.

OnTheRise23

everyone is hot on ott too. i cant imagine why. home opener hype?
    Last edited by OnTheRise23; 10-11-11 at 12:10 PM.

guil0000

Quote Originally Posted by OnTheRise23 View Post
    Does that meant your going on Minn? I see that backstrom was confirmed at Minns goalie which helps their cause. Back to backs arent that big of a deal at this point but they did have to travel from NY to Ottawa. Just looking at Ott's team makes it near impossible to bet on them, let along make them a favorite. I wonder if there is something that im missing here.

Thanks for pointing this out to me yes i'm on Minnesota. I'm kind of lost I didn't even write the line lol.

Minnesota +120, 1* (Pinnacle)

I Imagine it's the home opener and that Minnesota are playing back to back but I still don't buy it. I have watch both Ottawa games and their defense is very bad. I would never take them as favorites let alone -130. Overreaction imo

OnTheRise23

agreed. not sure about the other game. i like the line on fla but pitt makes me nervous with or without malkin. might end up laying off it. Gl

guil0000

yeah Pittsburgh are a strong team. They are my favorites to win Lord Stanley but this is an angle that I like to bet (successful road trip to the west) and I was impressed by the Panthers in their opener they didn't give much to the Isles and kept everything on the outside. It's mostly for the price that I bet it and I will not play the 4 * I'll buy back 3 * for a nice middle .

Jumping on this one for tomorrow. I don't see this line staying there for long

Vancouver +114, 1* (Pinnacle)

I'm not sold yet on the Flyers. Don't get me wrong they started very strong and Bryzgalov has been stellar. But now you have the Canucks coming to town. I don't think they deserve to be favs against arguably the best team in the league. The Canucks have now won their first game and the veterans should be in the groove again and I see them having a nice little stretch. Remember Vancouver management decided to rest most of the starters untill a few games left in the preseason so getting their legs back could have taken a few games. I think Philadelphia will be good but I like my chance of this dog hitting and will take it for 1 unit.

guil0000

Quote Originally Posted by guil0000 View Post
    add 3* with the intention of buying it back later with the news of Malkin being out. Should provide a nice Middle

total
    Florida +155, 4* (Bwin)
    bought back 3 *
    Pittsburgh -145, 3* (5 Dimes)

That makes an equivalent bet of
    Florida +185, 1* (Bwin, 5 Dimes)

I have always wondered is that a practice that books don't like? Or could they care less?

guil0000

another one for tomorrow

Colorado +135, 1* (Sports Interaction)

guil0000

Adding one more for tomorrow ( I like betting early if I think this is the best line I will get).

Vancouver/ Philadelphia U 5.5 -115, 1* ( Sports Interaction)

Two very solid defenses, two good goalies. I can see a playoff type of game with this one.

Recap for Wednesday

Vancouver/ Philadelphia U 5.5 -115, 1* ( Sports Interaction)

Colorado +135, 1* (Sports Interaction)
    Vancouver +114, 1* (Pinnacle)

815Sox
    815Sox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

bought back 3 *
    Pittsburgh -145, 3* (5 Dimes)

That makes an equivalent bet of
    Florida +185, 1* (Bwin, 5 Dimes)

I have always wondered is that a practice that books don't like? Or could they care less?
    Question I am wondering myself, I have never done it, but if they do not care than I will do it more often. I should note that I do not bet very large amounts.

guil0000

Tonight 0-2 -2 units
    YTD 8-7 +1.17 units

guil0000

Was a little pumped up this morning so decided to cap a little for tomorrow's game, this one stood up

St Louis +120, 2* (BWin)

Dallas has won 2 of 3 early this season while the blues are 1 and 1.But this doesn't show the hole story. Dallas has been out shot in all 3 while the blues have out shot their opponent pretty badly in their first 2 (33-16 and 35-17). The Blues are young and very talented and should have a good season while the Stars are kind of a big question mark. No one really knows. I think the lost of Richards will affect them pretty badly and Lethonen has always been a question mark. I like the price I'm getting on the better team I'll risk 2 units.

guil0000

Quote Originally Posted by 815Sox View Post
    Question I am wondering myself, I have never done it, but if they do not care than I will do it more often. I should note that I do not bet very large amounts.
    I don't think the books will care if you bet small amounts but I don't really know.

guil0000

Edmonton +145, 1* (BWin)

The kids are alright in Edmonton and their first game they played a very good game. They should be pumped for their second game as the confidence is rising in the youngsters. Minnesota is playing 3rd in 4 with this one coming back home after losing both road games. They were mismatched by the Sens yesterday and I just don't think this team is very good. They will struggle to score goals this season as the loss of Burns I think will hurt and they just have one good scoring line.

guil0000

Tonight 1-2 -0.8 units
    YTD 9-9 +0.37 units

Bs1194
    Bs1194's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4894

Wow. STL ml is now at -110

guil0000

Was a little pumped up this morning so decided to cap a little for tomorrow's game, this one stood up

St Louis +120, 2* (BWin)

Dallas has won 2 of 3 early this season while the blues are 1 and 1.But this doesn't show the hole story. Dallas has been out shot in all 3 while the blues have out shot their opponent pretty badly in their first 2 (33-16 and 35-17). The Blues are young and very talented and should have a good season while the Stars are kind of a big question mark. No one really knows. I think the lost of Richards will affect them pretty badly and Lethonen has always been a question mark. I like the price I'm getting on the better team I'll risk 2 units.

Edmonton +145, 1* (BWin)

The kids are alright in Edmonton and their first game they played a very good game. They should be pumped for their second game as the confidence is rising in the youngsters. Minnesota is playing 3rd in 4 with this one coming back home after losing both road games. They were mismatched by the Sens yesterday and I just don't think this team is very good. They will struggle to score goals this season as the loss of Burns I think will hurt and they just have one good scoring line.
    adding

Los Angeles/ New Jersey Over 5 -110, 1* (Sportsbetting)

I could still get -110 and that's why I jumped on it. The only reason this line is set so low is the perception of the Devils being an under team. I have already played the over successfully once this year and if they don't adjust I will play it again over the year. The aging Brodeur is a liability and their defense isn't close to what they were in the past. Larsson will be good in the future but you can expect a learning curve for the youngster. They also have Parise back after missing pretty much the hole last year which should help with the scoring and give one of the best 1-2 punch in the NHL with Kovalchuk. The Kings are packed up front and they have excellent puck moving defensemen. I'm also not sold about Quick just yet. I like the price for this low number.

I also had a strong lean on Washington but line just jumped 20 cents and I won't play it now unless it comes back which I doubt

guil0000

Quote Originally Posted by Bs1194 View Post
    Wow. STL ml is now at -110
    the beauty of early lines

815Sox
    815Sox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

I am with you on St. Louis, didn't get it at that price though. I was looking at it last night, but I was tired and decided to wait till the morning to make sure. That one cost me. I also like the Isles tonight.

guil0000

BOL tonight Sox. I will have to pass on the Isles just because I wasn't impressed with their first 2 games.

Locked 2 very early ones for Saturday

St Louis +150, 3* (BWin)
    Winnipeg +135, 3* (BWin)

Sharks playing back to back. Can't see this price staying there against this talented Blues team.

Phoenix should not be favored against anyone that heavily and again I don't think that line is gonna stay there.

guil0000

wow what a bad night. Oh well still early in the season...

Tonight 0-3 -4.1 units
    YTD 9-12 -3.73 units

guil0000

Los Angeles/ Philadelphia Under 5.5 -130, 1* (William Hill)

I could still find this price so I jumped on it.... I was looking at it all day yesterday and decided to wait till the morning but was sad to see the line had jumped. Philadelphia should be a very good under team all season since they finally have a good goaltender to compliment that very good defense and I love that they got lid up last game against Vancouver. You know this probably won't happen again as Laviolette will have addressed it. Los Angeles has always been a good under team and they looked pretty flat against New Jersey last game. I like my chances of this game going under.

I'm kinda bummed my two early didn't move as planned. Not sure what I'll do. I was planing on buying back but I'm losing so much value if I do. I'll see later if I can get a good buyout price. For what it's worth I still like both plays, but not for 3 units.

guil0000

Colorado/ Montreal Under 5.5 -120, 1* (William Hill)

Another good price here. Montreal got lid up last game for 4 goals and you know Martin won't be happy about this. Martin is all about the system and you can be sure this won't go well with him. We have two solid goaltenders, and a good chance these 2 go under.

guil0000

New York Rangers/ New York Islanders 1st period Under 1.5 -115, 1* (Bet365)
    Detroit/ Minnesota Under 5.5 -115, 1* (Pinnacle)
    St Louis/ San Jose Over 5.5 -107, 1* (Pinnacle)

no time for write ups. BOL tonight all!

guil0000

Just bought back pho (-139) and sj (-152) for 1.5* each

guil0000

Yesterday 5 -2 +3.52 units
    YTD 14-14 -0.2 units

Bs1194
    Bs1194's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4894

Good day guil. Hopefully its a start to a hot streak

guil0000

Quote Originally Posted by Bs1194 View Post
    Good day guil. Hopefully its a start to a hot streak
    Thanks!

guil0000

Florida +148, 1* (Pinnacle)

I don't see a reason why Florida are this big dogs against the Lightning. Tampa has been less then impressive in this early season and I don't see a reason why they have this great odd of changing it around. Florida are pretty under rated so far this year, and this team can surprise some. They play with heart and keep the chances to the outside. Theodore has looked miles better then Roloson has and that alone is worthy of this bet. We are just getting a very good price here on a live dog and I will take it with open arms

guil0000

one more thing I forgot to add is that the Lightning are returning home after a 5 game road trip and they have played a pretty large amount of hockey in this early season while the Panthers should be fresher and more rested.

guil0000

Nashville/ Edmonton Under 5 +117, 1* (Pinnacle)

Nashville knows what they have to do to win hockey games, and as Weber said in a recent interview...

*the Predators believed they found the historical characteristics of their team — a strong work ethic and sound defense.“We just need to keep building off that identity, playing that hard game, hard to play against, and things will go well for us,” captain Shea Weber said.*

Let's face it the Preds don't have the offense to go toe to toe against most of the nhl teams. They were outshot in all their games so far in this early season. They have one of the best coach in the nhl and except for the last period against the Devils they were playing that solid Defense the team wants to play. I think they come to Edmonton, a young team and implement that system as I think this is the perfect team to play a tight defensive game against. One thing that stuck to me was when the Oilers played the Wild a few days ago was the ability for the wild to just frustrate the Oilers and I think Edmonton only had 1 shot on goal in the third. On top of all that is we have Rinne who is arguably a top 5 goaltender in the NHL and probable starter Dubnyk who is playing well and fighting for a starter job against Khabibulin and that should boost both these goalie's performances.

guil0000

Just locked up this nice one at Bwin for tomorrow

Carolina +175, 7* (BWin)

There's just no way Carolina should be this big dogs against the struggling Bruins. They just beat this team a few days ago and Carolina has looked very good in this early season. They have a good 1 - 2 punch in the middle now with the young Skinner blooming and not showing signs of a softmore slump. They have some very good puck moving defensemen and a solid goaltender in Ward. The bruins are not showing signs of greatness just yet this season and the only reason they are this big favorites is because they won last year. Now they are without Krejci for a while and it's a big loss down the middle. He is very creative. They still have good depth and a good team but so far this year I don't see a reason why Carolina is not at best +130 in this game. I plan on buying back most of this huge bet but I will keep some on Carolina for sure because this is one of the biggest overlays this season.

guil0000

adding for tomorrow

Pittsburgh/ Minnesota Under 5.5 -125, 1* (BWin)

A lot of injuries for Pittsburgh and a lot of travel in this early season. On top of that they are playing tonight in a very good hockey town where the excitement is high. There's more likely that they have a letdown tomorrow.I like that backup Johnson will likely get the start as I think he is the best backup in the nhl. Minnesota doesn't have much fire power when you get past that 1st line and I think these 2 team will play a very boring game. I'm also probably gonna play Minnesota on the side especially if Pittsburgh can find a way to come back tonight.

First 1234 Last