Miser
    Miser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17

New Leafs Goalie

The future has arrived for the Maple Leafs' goalie of the future.
    The club called up Justin Pogge, 22, from the Marlies yesterday with the plan to stick him in net tonight here against the Atlanta Thrashers.

Has anyone seen this guy play in the minors? What is he like? Is he any good?

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

The Leafs need to get a 450 Sumo wrestler from Japan, just plop him in front of the Goal and polish a spot on the mantle for the Stanley Cup.

Dashwood Clipper
    Dashwood Clipper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

The Leafs "goalie" of the future currently resides in Providence. Tuuka Rask was traded for Andrew Raycroft, another in the line of Leaf **** ups.

Toronto-boy
    Toronto-boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11011

LEAFS IS MY FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!

JsmooveFTW
    JsmooveFTW's Avatar Become A Pro!

He created an early highlight reel for himself tonight. Some unreal saves. Almost gave me a heart attack too making me sweat out the over

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Pogge ftw

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog
    VegasDave's Avatar Become A Pro!

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/justin_pogge

Good site for prospect evaluation.

Tepi01
    Tepi01's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pogge has ton's of potential, He played great for team Canada a few years back. I can't believe they started Toskala last night.

betplom
    maniac
    betplom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Tepi01 View Post
    Pogge has ton's of potential, He played great for team Canada a few years back. I can't believe they started Toskala last night.

It's important to tread lightly with Pogge, don't want him getting the crap beaten out of him as a rookie, could ruin him, I'm glad he will only get a few starts, he needs to play in the minors to get better and log ice time.

Toskala can be sacrificed for the sake of the younger prospects, we can't sacrifice the future by wrecking Pogge.

Tepi01
    Tepi01's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by betplom View Post
    It's important to tread lightly with Pogge, don't want him getting the crap beaten out of him as a rookie, could ruin him, I'm glad he will only get a few starts, he needs to play in the minors to get better and log ice time.

Toskala can be sacrificed for the sake of the younger prospects, we can't sacrifice the future by wrecking Pogge.
    I disagree,

Toskala is hurt and showed it tonight he isn't fully healed. Toronto was playing the three worst teams in the league in a row. The perfect time to give Pogge a chance to get some play time and let Toskala fully heal. Now Toskala will be out for a few more games and Pogge will end up being played in some shitty games.

I believe it was a terrible move for Toronto, but at the same time Toronto is better off losing as they wont make the playoffs this year and may as well get a better draft choice.