JsmooveFTW
    JsmooveFTW's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mr. Fleury is back boys

Considering the Pens mediocre defense so far, VERY nice return. Looks very sharp. Pens should have a nice run coming up

betplom
    maniac
    betplom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JsmooveFTW View Post
    Considering the Pens mediocre defense so far, VERY nice return. Looks very sharp. Pens should have a nice run coming up

Pens won't get past the first round, they haven't shown much enthusiasm this year, if they expect to coast to another Cup final, they are in for a rude awakening.

Repeating is tough.

Fleury isn't that good. Getting pulled against the Leafs is definitely a bad sign.

JsmooveFTW

Well it was only his 2nd game back. It was to be expected. It's not like the Habs are going anywhere either

betplom
    maniac

Quote Originally Posted by JsmooveFTW View Post
    Well it was only his 2nd game back. It was to be expected. It's not like the Habs are going anywhere either

I've been saying all along that Fleury is not a great goaltender, the offense in front of him makes him look better than he really is.

I've been watching Fleury since he was a junior, he's never impressed me as being great, like many seem to believe.

When were we talking about the Habs?

FYI : Habs are soft as well, luckily the East is weaker than the West this year, the two strongest teams - San Jose and Detroit - would have to play each other to advance, thats good for Eastern teams.

Since BEFORE the NHL season opened I've been saying that Pittsburgh wouldn't come anywhere close to last years success, the year after a Cup appearaqnce always seems to be tough.

Even their coach has said his team lacks the drive of last year.

element1286
    element1286's Avatar Become A Pro!

Are you trying to bait me Plommer?

That was ugly, they need to be more consistent.

JsmooveFTW

betplom, all I care about mostly right now is that they've covered all but 1 game for me this season out of probably 15 or so It's not that hard to notice a red flag and not pull the trigger on them. They're a totals player's dream with inconsistent goaltending/defense

betplom
    maniac

Quote Originally Posted by element1286 View Post
    Are you trying to bait me Plommer?

That was ugly, they need to be more consistent.

No, not trying to bait you pal, never was.

I trust my instinct when it comes to evaluating NHL teams that are touted so highly.

Been a fan of the sport since I was a kid. Got over 35yrs experience with the game.

I've been consistent in my appraisal of the Penguins, I believed they were overmatched against Detroit last year and I know how difficult it is for a runner up to return to the big dance, look at Ottawa, Edmonton, and Calgary in the years prior to last.

Pitt is a long way from great, they have potential and will likely be one of the better teams for a while but that won't ensure a cup win.

Along with skill, determination and grit is required to go all the way to a cup win.

I've been saying from the start that Pens goalie Fleury is over-rated, been watching him since his junior days, he has never impressed me as an all star.

That being said, I see alot of parity in the east, it's a matter of which team gets hot as the playoffs start.

I still doubt the Pens have what it takes to get to the finals this year, even their coach has been lamenting about the lack of intensity and effort from his young stars.

Element. I know you are a fan of the Penguins, and cheering for them is great, but I believe betting them once the playoffs start is a bad move.

As a matter of fact, if things progress as they are now, I'll be fading Pitt in the first round, should they happen to get by, I'll double up against them in round two.

element1286
    element1286's Avatar Become A Pro!

I know you weren't baiting, I was joking.

They need to bring a consistent effort on a nightly basis. Talent wise they are fine. I think we will see the real Penguins in the coming weeks with the return of Fleury and Whitney. If this is still happening in late January, then there is a problem.

I completely disagree about Fleury.