RVD
    RVD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3080

Saturday AHL :

Well, the Hershey Bears are starting to slow down. It was about time. With all the recalls the Washington Capitals made over the last 2 weeks, the AHL team is making miracles holding on. We have seen the first signs of fading last night with the Bears, indeed Hershey were 1 1/2 half goal favorite against a mediocre Albany team and had to come from behind late in the third period to force overtime. The Bears won 3-2 in overtime but failed to cover the spread.

Tonight the Bears face a better team in the Philadelphia Phantoms which won his last 2 games. I think the Bears 7 game winning streak is in jeoperdy tonight. The team is running out of gas with all the personnel movements over the last week. Hershey were lucky to run into a favorable schedule over the last 2 games facing mediocre teams to increase winning streak. Opposition is better tonight.

I like Philadelphia chances tonight, Hershey is without his top 4 defensemen and without 2 forwards. I think Philadelphia will exposed Hershey blue line tonight. Oddsmakers posting a line of Hershey 1 1/2 goal favourite over Philadelphia. I think it's way too much. I believe the Phantoms can win this game straight up.

Philadelphia (+1 1/2 -140)

RVD

I'm not going to try to convince anybody that the Houston Aeros are a very good team. Houston is playing just below a .500 record and are not rolling on high gear.

However, I can talk about how bad are the San Antonio Rampage. This team is very bad. No offense, poor goaltending, way too many trips to the penalty box. San Antonio is on a 18 game winless streak and has been a money machine for bettors betting against them. This team need help from the Phoenix Coyotes. Two of their best forwards are currently with the big NHL club. San Antonio made a trade last week trying to help the team but Wyatt Smith who is a journeyman will not turn this franchise around.

The Rampage lost their last 12 games by at least 2 goals (win or away). We can get Houston as a (-125) moneyline favourite. I like Houston chances. Until San Antonio show some signs of improvement it's a go against team. Houston won first two meetings this year (8-6, 4-3).

Houston (-125)

RVD

The Binghamton Sens were just starting to get some bodies back in the lineup but the Ottawa Senators recall frenzy is starting again. Ottawa just recalled on nov. 28 from their farm team no 2 scorer Zach Smith and current top defenseman Brian Lee. Binghamton is currently without 3 of their 4 best scorers and without their top 2 defensemen. The Sens past 3 weeks have been terrible.

The Montreal Canadiens have recalled Matt D'agostini from Hamilton. However, I think Hamilton is in better shape going into this matchup. Team is on a 3 game winning streak. I like the Bulldogs chances here, good price.

Hamilton (+100)