RVD
    RVD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3080

AHL Saturday :

Last weekend I exposed the Binghampton Senators problems before their 9-0 debacle against the Hershey Bears. Binghampton is dealing with some major lineup issues due the Ottawa Senators rash of injuries. The AHL farm team lost their top two scoring forwards, their top scoring defenseman and their top energy forward in a two week span. All of those 4 players went to the Ottawa Senators.

To fill the void for those players, Binghampton signed two new players to pro contracts before their 9-0 lost last Sunday. Those two players were released after the rout, and the team signed 3 new players to pro contracts. The result, a 3-0 lost last night against the not so impressive Toronto Marlies.

Binghampton lost their last 3 games by shutouts, team is lacking AHL calibre scoring players at the moment. You can't lose your top players in a short span and expect immediate results. Furthermore, the players filling the void are not good enough.

The Senators are playing the Philadelphia Phantoms today. Philly ran into a hot Hersher Bears at the wrong time. The Phantoms lost 3 of their last 4 games but all of those 3 losses against the Hershey Bears... bad schedule ! They get shot at banged up team today and it should be a good spot to get back on the right track. Favorable matchups today.

Binghampton can't score goals right now and are playing a team better from what they faced last night. Sens forward Zach Smith is the best goal scorer of the current roster right now with 9 goals, no other player has more than 2 goals. I like Philadephia chances, they catch Binghampton at the right time. Oddmakers posting a line based on the the standings only here. This is the third straight time I go against Binghampton and the oddsmakers are slow to react. I was able to get action at +142, +133 and +126 with the Toronto Marlies first in overnight line and then on the day of the game. The wrong team is favored here.

Philadelphia (+100)

RVD
    RVD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3080

The AHL are asking a lot from the Manchester Monarchs. Indeed, Manchester will play a third game in four nights and second game in less than 24 hours. Believe it or not, Manchester played at 7h35 PM est time last night at Rochester and playing at Lake Erie at 1:00 PM est time this afternoon. You could understand the weird situation if Manchester was playing against the same team they were playing last night but that's not the case. Back to back game in a traveling situation against guess what... a rested Lake Erie team off since nov. 19. Well, what we have here is a schedule egde, energy will be a factor as the game goes on. Lake Erie is not a force in the AHL but Manchester is not either.

Well, this one is coming close from falling in the same categorie of the Philadelphia play. The only reason this play is not as strong as the other play is the fact the Colorado Avalanche just recalled scoring forwards Brian Willsie from the farm team. Lake Erie, losing Willsie and getting tough guy Jesse Boulerice from the Avalanche in return. Nonetheless, I think physical condition of Lake Erie players should do the difference here. Oddmakers posting this line without consideration from schedule. I like Lake Erie chances.

Lake Erie (-120)