kanapad
    kanapad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5293

what is wrong with Tampa Bay ?

I don't think this team is as bad as Berry Melrose presented it. Some great players.. yes very questionable goaltending. at the moment they losing to Fla 0-2, the team that struggles on the road. I have no clue. any ideas????

suedon70
    suedon70's Avatar Become A Pro!

I wish I knew - I'm a long-time fan and I'm just as puzzled as you....

Miser
    Miser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17

Melrose is a no nonsence coach. Bad move to axe the guy.

element1286
    element1286's Avatar Become A Pro!

They were never good.

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

When they blew the 2-0 lead a few days ago on the first day without melrose I decided to stay away from them. They should send V-Cav to Vancouver imo.

Dashwood Clipper
    Dashwood Clipper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Where to start? They weren't a good team last year, so it shouldn't be expected of them to be great this year. Melrose wasn't the answer. He is not a good "systems" coach, and didnt understand this generation of players. They dealt there best defenseman to San Jose, than proceeded to deal the d-man they got in return to Philadelphia without giving him a serious chance to prove himself. In the off season, they signed aging veterans, and expect them to contribute in a system in which is not in place, instead of trying to develop players from within. The Rangers proved a few years back that you cant throw money at a problem in the NHL to fix it. They have cut back the time of there best player, and he isn't happy with the reduced playing time. Stamkos, the number one pick, is not NHL ready, and should be playing in a lower level league, cutting his teeth, instead of playing reduced minutes on a crap team. They are not a good team in general, and until they get organized within the front office, this will continue.

joe the gambler
    joe the gambler's Avatar Become A Pro!

I really don't get why so many expected a lot out of this team. Do people not see this team is very bad? They got the first overall pick last year for a reason, and really didn't upgrade themselves that much. This team is definitely in the bottom 10 in the league and shouldn't sniff the playoffs this year.

feartheunderdog
    feartheunderdog's Avatar Become A Pro!

easy...they are a terrible team...next question!