muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

I thought hockey players were tough?

Jonathan Toews: "Not everyone knows a lot about Winnipeg. The cold weather makes (players) nervous."

Pronger has made comments about not wanting to play in a cold climate.

Coyotes Goalie Ilya Bryzgalov says players would rather go to Russia than play in cold Winnipeg.

WTF. These are the same guys that pull their own teeth in between periods but are scared of 3-4 months of cold weather while they are paid millions?

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

So funny seeing as Toews is from Winnipeg and Pronger is Canadian as well. And Bryzgalov haha the mother fcuker is from Russia, I'm pretty sure he knows what cold is all about.

Kinda sad that a lot of players are becoming sell outs to the warm climates. If I was a player I'd choose Winnipeg over Florida any day of the week just to play in a Canadian market that absolutely loves hockey over a warm place with fans who dont give a fcuk about hockey.

pickemtowinem
    a.k.a. Dr.Money
    pickemtowinem's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by DennisGreen View Post
    So funny seeing as Toews is from Winnipeg and Pronger is Canadian as well. And Bryzgalov haha the mother fcuker is from Russia, I'm pretty sure he knows what cold is all about.

Kinda sad that a lot of players are becoming sell outs to the warm climates. If I was a player I'd choose Winnipeg over Florida any day of the week just to play in a Canadian market that absolutely loves hockey over a warm place with fans who dont give a fcuk about hockey.
    I 2nd this notion.

stig99
    stig99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 323

not me id be in la or anaheim

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Wouldn't you be choked if you had to move from Georgia to Manitoba Canada? It is an odd phenomenon, after months of discussion about the Coyotes moving to Hamilton- The Thrashers end up moving to f-cking Winnipeg? It's going to be rough them signing FA's.

Quebec, and Hamilton are better NHL markets, there's no argument.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22604

Tough and stupid are too different things.
    You want to live in Winnipeg?
    Toews knows, he lived there!
    I'd call that smart.

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

All these guys are pissed because they will now have to deal with another Canadian NHL team.

Canadian fans don't tolerate mediocre play (unless your from Toronto)

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

They came out with the new name...

The Siberian Icicles.

mike-dub
    mike-dub's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 530

at least they'll be playing in front of fans that are passionate about the game of hockey. i havent heard anybody say they want the team to stay in atlanta. Even atlanta doesnt want them enough to keep them.wouldnt it be better to play where people care about and follow my team? even if it isnt as big as new york,at least id still be making millions a year and can go anywhere i want in the offseason or when i retire at age 35. whats the alternative? the team folds up, and a few of the players are picked up by other teams, a few go to the AHL and the rest go to europe?
    players complaining about where they play makes me remember eric lindros and his refusal to play in quebec, and we all know how that worked out for him!

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

These guys make it sound like it doesn't get cold in Chicago or Minnesota in the winter.

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

The more I thought about this the more I realize it's about the players wives. Those rich bitches cry because it's too cold and they hate their lives.

Loungo's wife still lives in Florida with their kids while he plays in VAN. What an unsupportive beotch.