terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

How does the bergeron injury effect this series?

Has this been factored into the line?

spongerat
    spongerat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

you think the lines makers overlooked a key injury?

terpkeg

Quote Originally Posted by spongerat View Post
    you think the lines makers overlooked a key injury?
    I don't know. I don't follow hockey like I do other sports. Will play trends or numbers but I don't have the same understanding of the sport and the effect that individual players have on the game/line.

Line hasn't moved much since the opener and I was under impression that no decision had been made on his availability at the time the line opened.

So if he was in line up, what price would we have for series and game?

TT22
    TT22's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18038

Damn, didn't know he was injured

twelvejewelz
    twelvejewelz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Patrice Bergeron, who leads the team with 12 points (two goals, 10 assists) will miss Saturday's contest with a concussion. Second overall pick Tyler Seguin, 19, will get the nod in his place.

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Hes gonna miss the first 2 games and then he might come back and not be the same. He seems fine but you never know. I don't think people are taking into account that Bergeron is easily the most important player on the bruins and the bruins will probably lose the first 2 games without him.

The oddsmakers knew he was gonna miss games when they made the line, but I think the majority of players don't pay too much attention to that.

terpkeg

What do you think line would have been with him in, -170?

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Ya that sounds right. I'm no hockey expert, but I am from boston and watch a lot of games. To me, the Bruins really aren't as good as their hype would lead you to believe. They have no power play, they won't win a faceoff without patrice. I don't really know much about tamba bay though. Philly and Montreal were both plagued with injuries. Like the one the bruins are now plagued with.

One thing about the bruins though, they are tough and resilient. Won't crumble. Tampa in 7.
    Last edited by omalley21; 05-14-11 at 06:57 PM.

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

Bergeron is one of the best 2-way players in the NHL. He will be missed a lot and they had to juggle the lines due to his injury. Seguin has loads of potential (as you saw tonight), but he's no Bergeron at this point in his career.

I don't think it was factored into the line and oddsmakers were crazy to make TB as big a underdogs as they are. The same can be said about the Sharks....

twelvejewelz
    twelvejewelz's Avatar Become A Pro!

nm brain fart..