hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Bruins are Toast

Bergeron got concussion last night from claude giroux on a helmet-to-helmet clash off an open ice hit. he immediately went to locker room after hit and did not return. he's leading the team in points this playoffs (12). he's on pp. he's on pk. hes very versatile player critical to bruins success. he's had 2 prior concussions. this does not look good. without Bergeron, bruins are toast (unless thomas keeps allowing 1goal/game lol). im pissed because i bet them 17-1 at beginning of season for a few hundred. im standing to win 7,000 if they win cup. Bergeron injury is bad news. everyone's talking about the sweep... im shitting my pants over the status of bergeron. GM for bruins confirmed this morning Bergeron suffered a mild concussion. his history makes it worse. this is very bad news.

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

I agree, this hurts big time and if he is out for the series Tampa should be favored by a little bit. Also watch out for lots of flips and flops from Tampa, taking their cue from the Canadiens and realizing that 5 on 5, with or without Bergeron, they can't take the Bruins. Thomas is the key, need him to play large and split the 1st two at least and get Bergeron back soon hopefully. If I was a neutral I would get something down on Tampa for game 1 now.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

My boy Seguin could be a big player in this series Patrice can't go. He hasn't played much, but his offense is explosive. His D is weak, but it'll throw a curveball to the Lightning.

I obviously hope Bergeron can go, but I think the Bs can survive without him. Lucic and Chara are heating up, Marchand and Horton are playing great, and the Cement Truck is fukking great in goal.

I think Bs win in 6, with or without Bergeron

gohabsgo
    gohabsgo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

They are favorites (-137) to win the series even with bergeron status.
    I might place a small bet on TB just because of their coach.

pepper60000
    pepper60000's Avatar Become A Pro!

tough series to pick....this could go either way. I'm picking Boston but Tampa has a lot of value...

xxx
    xxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28282

bruins will go as far as Thomas will bring them. His 50+ saves performance in game 2 flyers series was amazing. i will be in favor of tampa in this series because of lecavalier and st-louis winning the cup and of coach Boucher.

Lint Pockets
    Lint Pockets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

bruins win this series

dmiles1021
    YouWager.eu
    dmiles1021's Avatar Become A Pro!

bruins run shit

KACK
    KACK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3495

I like the Bruins BUT if they don't produce on their Power Play they could be in trouble... The Bruins are more balanced team and Tim Thomas is playing great right now... Keep Tampa off the Power Play, be physical with the Tampa "D", and produce on the Power Play the Bruins move on in 6...

St8Ca$homie
    St8Ca$homie's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is a huge loss for the B's , theres just no way around that. Bergy is a top 5 all around player , this guy is all about what the B's stand for. I live 5 mins away from the Garden , have watched all Boston sports team for years. Theres 4 players the B's absolutely cant afford to lose , 37 , 46 , 33 and Thomas. We need all of them , every game , every shift etc. I think Bergy could start on the PK/PP on any team in the league. Detriot did them a big favor tonight , every day helps. As far as Seg's , im just not sure. I mean the kid has a fuckin laser for a shot and for the life of me i didnt understand why the B's did play to that more. CJ never gave this kid a fair shot , but even still he played much better down the stretch. He was much for physical and seemed more comfortable on the O end. One cant like the B's chances on the PK over a 7 game series w/out Bergy for what 2 games?