thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

hedging question

i have a straight up series bet with vancouver against chicago. a unit for a unit. we bet on a few other series, they were all straight up bets though, the other series arent important. my question is what is the best way to hedge this, i really think vancouver choking this away big time. pretty interesting spot IMO.

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

Play Chicago over 2.5 goals, if they win they will(most likely will have I should say) score 3 and you will also have a chance to win both bets if they lose. Good luck.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

i actually played them plus a half in regulation. i thought about your suggestion odog, too much a chance to go 0-2 (id say about 10-15 percent, which is too much). this way im guaranteed 1-1 and a 15 dollar max loss or i could hit it both ways if the canucks get them in ot. either way i had this chalked up as a win, amazing that its even in this situation.

bigALbones50
    bigALbones50's Avatar Become A Pro!

im doing what you said odog11, i have nooks for series

steviec27
    steviec27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15113

Quote Originally Posted by odog11 View Post
    Play Chicago over 2.5 goals, if they win they will(most likely will have I should say) score 3 and you will also have a chance to win both bets if they lose. Good luck.
    Cheers dude I like this advice.

I have a parlay of series winners. So far Caps, Sharks and Wings have all hit now just waiting on Nucks which looked nailed on not long ago lol.
    Was just going to bet Hawks ML and make it a win win....but I like this way as I think if they win they have to score 3 at least and Nucks could still win 5-3, 5-4, 4-3 to win both.

Cheers buddy

balla05
    balla05's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Quote Originally Posted by steviec27 View Post
    Cheers dude I like this advice.

I have a parlay of series winners. So far Caps, Sharks and Wings have all hit now just waiting on Nucks which looked nailed on not long ago lol.
    Was just going to bet Hawks ML and make it a win win....but I like this way as I think if they win they have to score 3 at least and Nucks could still win 5-3, 5-4, 4-3 to win both.

Cheers buddy
    you still could lose both bets if chi wins 2-1....i also have the exact same parlay as u...i got 66 to win 235 or so....im thinking of chi ml. put 45 on it and hope van wins. i dont mind breaking even but id rather see van win and hit my big parlay.

steviec27
    steviec27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15113

Quote Originally Posted by balla05 View Post
    you still could lose both bets if chi wins 2-1....i also have the exact same parlay as u...i got 66 to win 235 or so....im thinking of chi ml. put 45 on it and hope van wins. i dont mind breaking even but id rather see van win and hit my big parlay.
    Yea I know I would get shafted for both if Hawks win 2-1 or 2-0..but I just dont see it being that sort of game, hence saying if they win I expect they will have to score 3. (Then again I didnt see this going 7 games ).

BOL man hope we both hit it

odog11

wow, that was close, glad I didn't screw anyone with my advice, who knew it would go like that! At least the nucks one, I had them for the series and have them to win West and the Cup, put those bets about half way through the season, so I have had hedging them in the back of my mind for a while. Will wait it out on this next series for a little while probably.

balla05
    balla05's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

lol odog....i think somebody took ur advice on the over 2.5 but i think its all good as they made money on the van series win.

odog11

Yes, but they were planning on hedging anyways, so the fact that they took "my play" doesn't matter, if they had taken Chi over 2.5 instead of Chi ML and Chi had one in OT I would have felt bad, just a little bit.