D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Sharks @ Kings..

Let's discuss boys. Want to start off by saying I've been getting killed this last week that just passed. First time I maxed out my $1000 limit to my bookie in several years. Been really having a rough go as of late so I would like to hear everyones opinion on tonights game.

I'm leaning Sharks ML as they try and wrap up the series tonight. The Sharks will try to avoid that all important game 7 even with home ice advantage in their favor. The Sharks have announced and confirmed that they'll be going back with Niemi between the pipes in Game 6 and the Kings will counter with Quick obviously. This is San Jose's series to lose and watching Vancouver blow a 3-0 lead, you know they want nothing more than this series to be over tonight. Also, the Over 5 looks like a solid play too.

Let me hear what you guys have to say before I take the Sharks and continue to bury myself. Thanks in advance guys. Hears to a profitable Monday to everyone..GL

Duby
    Duby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4602

This is a coin toss in my opinion. It's been a very strange series. My opinion is that there is always value on a home dog.

Careful though cause that Is coming from a die hard Kings fan. Lol

D3 Mighty Ducks

Strange series is an understatement to say the least. I'd love to see the Kings advance to the second round don't get me wrong, but I just can't see the Sharks losing tonight. They know game 7 is an absolute coin flip even having the home ice advantage. San Jose needs to wrap the series up tonight or else they could be in some serious trouble.

leafs_ducks
    leafs_ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4849

I think sharks will take this game. Lets hope nittymaki starts in goal! If neimi starts pound the over instead.

HOT WINGS
    HOT WINGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3651

Quote Originally Posted by leafs_ducks View Post
    I think sharks will take this game. Lets hope nittymaki starts in goal! If neimi starts pound the over instead.
    FYI Niemi is starting according to ESPN

D3 Mighty Ducks

Sharks have confirmed Niemi will start between the pipes for Game 6.

Heres the link: http://www.mercurynews.com/sharks/ci_17919682

Regardless if Neimi or Nittymaki is in goal, I think the Over 5 is still worth a look.

leafs_ducks
    leafs_ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4849

Might be a good parlay. Sharks with the over

Miser
    Miser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17

I like the over. 2-2 you are guarantied a push. The Sharks have a great offense. The problem is Quick can really shut it down. Still the over is a great bet.

goblue24
    goblue24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5912

I like San Jose in this game with the Over as well. Too much fire power for San Jose to lose this series.

D3 Mighty Ducks

Well, I decided to take the Sharks ML so fade me since I've been absolutely brutal this post-season.

Vinnybagadonuts
    Vinnybagadonuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Sharks win this evening.

Quick had a career night the other evening with 51 saves. As impressive as that is, the fact that the Sharks got off 52 shots is more telling.

A great night by the goalie got the Kings their win, but he can't repeat it. Sharks will pound the net again tonight, but make a more concerted effort to screen Quick.

Sharks wrap it up.

The over 5 is a must bet. Push is worst case scenario.

Take SJ, the over, and parlay the two.

avssakic
    avssakic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4193

I hope the sharks get it done tonight as well

Lincoln73
    Lincoln73's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

nice hedging opportunity at kings +450 to win series, assuming Niemi still struggles and they have to go to Nittymaki in game 7.

D3 Mighty Ducks

Niemi has been struggling this post-season but you cannot take away from Stanley Cup from him which he won just one season ago. He know what it takes to win and he has to be on his game to steal games for the Sharks to help the team win series. The longer the series goes, the more games he gets in the better it is for him.

xavcalifornia
    xavcalifornia's Avatar Become A Pro!

SJ and under. Ultimately the Sharks are the better and healthier team. LA home not an advantage for Kings. Sharks wont have hometown on their ass if they start slow.

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

Might be a good parlay. Sharks with the over
    I think this is the play, I don't see the sharks winning 3-1, so if they win should be over or at least a push. I have been saying Kings and under parlay is a strong play this series and in fact if you had played both Sharks/Over and Kings/Under parlay every game you would be up some nice coin.

Petenana15
    Petenana15's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hear you man, just had a terrible week.

That being said, I like the under tonight.

puckhead31
    Hockey baby
    puckhead31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 842

Quote Originally Posted by D3 Mighty Ducks View Post
    Let's discuss boys. Want to start off by saying I've been getting killed this last week that just passed. First time I maxed out my $1000 limit to my bookie in several years. Been really having a rough go as of late so I would like to hear everyones opinion on tonights game. I'm leaning Sharks ML as they try and wrap up the series tonight. The Sharks will try to avoid that all important game 7 even with home ice advantage in their favor. The Sharks have announced and confirmed that they'll be going back with Niemi between the pipes in Game 6 and the Kings will counter with Quick obviously. This is San Jose's series to lose and watching Vancouver blow a 3-0 lead, you know they want nothing more than this series to be over tonight. Also, the Over 5 looks like a solid play too. Let me hear what you guys have to say before I take the Sharks and continue to bury myself. Thanks in advance guys. Hears to a profitable Monday to everyone..GL
    To me hockey is a religion and winning is the goal. Hockey players are the best when it comes to heart and winning. As we saw last night the Hawks forced a game 7 against the Canucks. The Canucks are already going down as the biggest choke artists in all of sports, and let's face it the Sharks are heading that way too, maybe.

In my opinion, the Sharks players and organization realize they choke every post season, and after they all witnessed what the Canucks have done this post season, I highly doubt these sharks players want to be compared to them now and for the future. Also in my opinion, players like Heatley, Thornton, Setoguchi, Couture, Pavelski, and Boyle have the heart and desire to win and not be classified as a post season choke job every season. Especially after replacing Nabakov with Niemi and let's face it Niemi is pulling a Nabakov and that is probably scary for this team.

With the confirmation of Niemi starting, I truly believe the Sharks players I listed are going to come out to this game on fire and ready to score a shit load of goals to win this game.

BUT, Niemi has proven to be rock solid all season long and in the playoffs last season as a ROOKIE. He went through those emotions last year as a rookie and now he is going through them again. But this time around, Niemi knows how to deal with that emotion and overcome it.

I expect the Sharks to come out on fire scoring at least 3 goals or even more. As for the Kings they believe they can take this series, but can they beat Niemi and this Sharks team who wants to avoid being the next Canucks...

This pick is based truly on emotions which tend to either make or break a team in the playoffs.

San Jose Sharks -125

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1842

Sharks look fishy tonight.....

HOT WINGS
    HOT WINGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3651

I like the 1st Over 1.5 +110. Lean to Sharks for game

dxguy2001
    dxguy2001's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kings win 5-3. Take the over and rake in the cash! GO KINGS GO!!

odog11

Thinking of just going with the over here, like the Sharks to win, but value probably is on the Kings.

Seems like two ways to win this, poor goal tending by the Sharks or Sharks come out and are on fire.
    Last edited by odog11; 04-25-11 at 03:58 PM.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

If you bet the under you have to think the Kings win this game, right?

Don't the other stats say if San Jose wins this game it goes over or at least pushes the 5?

Boxing Champ
    Boxing Champ's Avatar Become A Pro!

OVER is the right play here....
    a) Niemi is in Goal
    b)
    San Jose
    Over is 4-0 in Sharks last 4 Monday games.
    Over is 5-0 in Sharks last 5 when their opponent allows 2 goals or less in their previous game.
    Over is 2-0-2 in Sharks last 4 games as a road favorite of -110 to -150.
    Over is 4-0 in Sharks last 4 games as a road favorite.
    Over is 3-0-1 in Sharks last 4 after scoring 2 goals or less in their previous game.
    Over is 9-1-1 in Sharks last 11 road games.
    Over is 8-1-1 in Sharks last 10 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
    Over is 13-4-3 in Sharks last 20 vs. Western Conference.
    Over is 12-4-2 in Sharks last 18 overall.
    Over is 3-1-2 in Sharks last 6 games as a favorite of -110 to -150.
    Over is 5-2 in Sharks last 7 games playing on 1 days rest.
    Over is 10-4-1 in Sharks last 15 vs. a team with a winning record.
    Over is 7-3-1 in Sharks last 11 vs. Pacific.
    Over is 7-3-1 in Sharks last 11 games as a favorite.
    c)
    Los Angeles
    Over is 4-0-1 in Kings last 5 home games vs. a team with a winning road record.
    Over is 6-0 in Kings last 6 games a home underdog.
    Over is 6-2-2 in Kings last 10 playoff games as an underdog.
    Over is 6-2-2 in Kings last 10 Conference Quarterfinals games.

Eleven
    Eleven's Avatar Become A Pro!

LA goaltending hasnt been that hot either.

odog11

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell77 View Post
    If you bet the under you have to think the Kings win this game, right? Don't the other stats say if San Jose wins this game it goes over or at least pushes the 5?
    Solid reasoning and same goes for the other game as well, Pitt and under, bolts and over. I just posted a play for Bolts, Sharks and overs in both. The opposite play would pay quite tastily. Shoot, now I have to go play that, just $10 to win $233. Man I hate fading myself.

Boxing Champ

Quote Originally Posted by odog11 View Post

Solid reasoning and same goes for the other game as well, Pitt and under, bolts and over. I just posted a play for Bolts, Sharks and overs in both. The opposite play would pay quite tastily. Shoot, now I have to go play that, just $10 to win $233. Man I hate fading myself.
    What?

ColdBeerHere
    Tailing Wilson
    ColdBeerHere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8151

I'm done betting for the Sharks with that terd Niemi in net....Sharks are going nowhere this year

lilb999
    lilb999's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ColdBeerHere View Post
    I'm done betting for the Sharks with that terd Niemi in net....Sharks are going nowhere this year
    Just like EVERY year

Boxing Champ

Both times Sharks lost..they came out on fire..and both games had 8-9 goals scored..take the easy over and stop wrecking your brain sharks or kings...

pickemtowinem
    a.k.a. Dr.Money
    pickemtowinem's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
    LA goaltending hasnt been that hot either.
    I think Quick stopped over 50 shots last game, and they were some awesome saves that I saw....pure robbery....

this fact coupled with the fact that the Sharks dominated play last game, leads me to think he will not stop as many tonight, and the Sharks will continue to dominate play.

IMO:

Sharks + Over = the play.

GOOD LUCK!!!

JC2008
    JC2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2519

I like the over in this game as well.

Camfriend87
    Camfriend87's Avatar Become A Pro!

Over is definitely the play i'm taking. . . the sharks can hit 5 by themself and if quick didn't have such a good game the last one would be over too. . . Quick can have games like that BUT that was a combination of greatness and luck. . . more pucks will find the back tonight

D3 Mighty Ducks

Sharks get out of the first period scoreless but outplaying the Kings.

Boxing Champ

evere time everyone is one side...it's a fade material...this game is not going over...

12 Last