all your plays look pretty bad except boston and tampa bay gl though
    anything can happen look at lastyear

pinchylarue
    *** SBR'S WORST POKER PLAYER ***
    pinchylarue's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVES1985 View Post
    anything can happen look at lastyear
    no shit sherlock.
    but do you honestly think chicago will beat vancouver? and anaheim making it to conf finals?

answer is no

gambler CK
    gambler CK's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sabres vs Sharks is my SC prediction

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1842

Quote Originally Posted by pinchylarue View Post
    no shit sherlock.
    but do you honestly think chicago will beat vancouver? and anaheim making it to conf finals?

answer is no
    anaheim is the best team in the west but no, they won't make the finals.

bracerman
    bracerman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3404

With a little goaltending Anaheim goes deep

SlimZ
    SlimZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8320

what are u smoking sir?
    please share...

Chi over Van ... LMAO
    Last edited by SlimZ; 04-11-11 at 03:49 AM.

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

Chicago could certainly take Vancouver, who has a recent history of playoff chokes.

BRAVES1985
    BRAVES1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1975

no shit sherlock. but do you honestly think chicago will beat vancouver? and anaheim making it to conf finals? answer is no
    ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ya sure y not

instead of bitchin about this guys picks give us your fukin picks then smart guy

Winnipeg Jets
    Winnipeg Jets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1459

boston knocks out patches and the pussy frogs in 5.......................go bear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRAVES1985

Quote Originally Posted by Winnipeg Jets View Post
    boston knocks out patches and the pussy frogs in 5.......................go bear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i agree if it weren't for price habs would be behind the leafs in the standings (and if leafs had reimer all season) habs are sooooooooo overrated

pickemtowinem
    a.k.a. Dr.Money
    pickemtowinem's Avatar Become A Pro!

These are just my leans, not officially locked in as "plays" as of yet: But I been leaning this way for a while....so it might stay this way.

Phoenix and Detroit:

This should be a series, with constant back and forth games. The redwings seemed to have really slowed down the last 5-6 weeks of the season, and in watching them play, it almost seemed as if something is missing, or out of whack in the motor city. Detroit ended the season 8 - 12 in their last 20 games and THAT gives me cause for concern. One could argue they were resting up for the playoffs, knowing they were locked in a spot early....But....in my honest opinion, something looks wrong in Detroit. Phoenix went 10 -8 to close out the season, and had some emotional games in that time span..... young teams with something to prove don't usually get it done, but call this one a feel of sorts.....
    I'm leaning towards the NHL owned Coyotes being the surprise team in the 1st round.
    Early Lean: UPSET SPECIAL: Coyotes in 6

Rangers and Capitals:
    While the general consensus seems to be that the Rangers will be the underdog team to win in the 1st round, I'm not so sure. I dont think there is a team with more to prove in the 2011 playoffs than the 2011 Washington Capitals. Caps had playoffs locked up early, and still ended the season on a 15-4 run. This team is hungry, young and full of talent. Defense looks good. Goalies have done there respective parts and only a fool would question the offensive power that lies in this lineup.
    Rangers ended the season 11-7. Pretty good at first glance, but they lost to teams like Ottawa, the Islanders and Senators and that scares me a whole lot. Washington should be locked in and focused on the task at hand. Nothing short of conference finals for these guys this year.
    Capitals in 6.

Ducks and Predators:
    This is in my opinion going to be some entertaining hockey. These 2 teams are very well matched up. Nashville has played the Ducks hard all year, last meeting I think was a 5-4 win. However, in a 7 game series, I dont think the Preds have what it takes to beat the Ducks. The Ducks finished the season a very strong 14-5 - with 3 of those 5 losses coming against the Canucks, Coyotes and Predators.
    Nashville is no slouch of a team, and they could well upset the Ducks, but in this low scoring series (yes I think the Goalies will shine in this series) I cant see Nashville (12 - 7 to end the year) beating Anahiem in a 7 game series....
    Ducks in 7

Tampa Bay and Pittsburgh
    In what should be another high scoring series, the injury ravaged penguins have overcome alot of adversity this year, and seem to be a team that is coming together at the right time. 12 - 6 to end the year, with 4 of those losses coming against playoff teams. The other 2 being OTL's to Toronto and New Jersey, both teams that were playing very decent puck at the time. Tampa comes into the playoffs, winning 4 of their last 5, but were 9-10 to close out the year. Being a team that has loss more games than it won coming into the playoffs, versus a team that somehow keeps getting it done, I cannot see the Lightning beating the Pens in a 7 game series.
    And I HATE the PENS and am a HUGE fan of Vinny LeCav.
    Penguins in 6

Chicago and Vancouver
    Chicago came into the playoffs weak. Needing other teams help to get in, and not winning games they needed to win and you have everyone and their moms mom taking the Canucks. (last I checked better than 80% of "us" were on the Canucks.)
    Chicago closed the season out at 10-9. Lost to teams they shouldn't have.
    Vancouver closed out the season at 15-4. 2 losses to Edmonton and one each to Nashville and Phoenix. This team knows this is their respective year to put up or shut up. Problem I see is that Chicago has played the Canuck's very well this year. Chicago beat em 5 times this year out of 8. There are teams that give vancouver trouble, and well, this Hawks team is one of them. Gotta go with the champs. Less pressure at 8th seed. President trophy winners dont usually fare too well in the playoffs, Vancouver is Canada's top choice to win the cup, that's even more pressure- the pressure of a nation on Luongo's shoulders.....again.
    He didn't do it then, he wont do it now. Call it what you want, but this one goes to the original 6 team in my early opinion.
    Blackhawks in 7

Montreal and Boston
    F*K the HABS. F*K their fans. F*K their whiny police force for sticking their nose in the game's on ice affairs. I'm still convinced, if a Montreal player hits a Bruin player into the stanchion, there is no police interference/investigation. Price will choke with the pressure on. He is a good goalie, but not great. Over valued, over hyped and over touted team are these Habs.
    Habs and their respective fans can watch Thomas and Chara win this series with relative ease.
    Boston is too big, too strong and has the edge in between the pipes as far as im concerned. Tim Thomas with his 2.00 GAA and .938 save percentage coupled with home ice advantage and the fact that the Bruins have won 2 of the last 3 meetings.....gives me all I need to take this one to the bank. The habs are in over their heads. They will resort to cheap play and euro style soccer diving to try and get the calls.....but guess what- it aint going to work. This is playoff hockey. No refs will save you. The whistles will be put in the pockets unless its blatant and obvious penalties......and the HABS have revenge on their minds....that will distract them, not help them.
    Look for Boston to thump em into a big steaming pile of Hab-Crap.
    Bruins in 5.

Los Angeles and San Jose
    I'm totally looking forward to this series. It seems to be in the back shelf for everyone else, but I think this series gives us some seriously good entertainment. I can't recall off the top of my head the last time all 3 california teams made the playoffs, but as a betting man, I dropped a little money on all 3 of them to win the cup. (3 out of 16 is a pretty good shot no???) If Los Angeles didn't have the injuries they do, I would have pegged this series to go 7 games, with Quick stealing a game or 2. However, the Sharks are a deep squad, with lots of experience, lots of size, a good deal of speed and guys who can put the puck in the net. This is the series I predict everyone will make a ton of cash on, as I cannot see this one getting to even 5 games. I like the Kings, and the direction they are heading in......its just a year or 2 too soon.
    Sharks SWEEP. yes, 4 games.

Buffalo and Philadelphia
    This one can go wither way. Buffalo comes in 14-7 to close out the season, also winners of 4 in a row to end the year. Philly comes in 7 - 13 to close out the year, and winners of just 1 in their last 5. However, what should not be overlooked, this team rested a ton of players to end the year, had some injuries and still has a guy they call Pronger on the back end....
    Buffalo in my honest opinion peaked a little too early. They are getting very strong goaltending as expected by Miller- but this Philly team is a different type of beast. Philly holds the all time series edge, 5 to 3. Miller while he played a few minutes here and there to close out the season, is returning from an injury..... Philly's late season swoon is fresh on everyone's mind.....but this guy is reading between the lines...... Philly is built for this time of year. Much like the Lakers and Celtics are built for playoff action in the NBA, Philly is built to play in the post season- and there is no way the Sabers pull the upset. Too small. They might steal a game or two, but in the end.......
    Philly in 6

Just my early thoughts, with limited research on match ups and so forth.....but as we all know, when the playoffs start, anything can happen- and usually does.

Should be a great opening round in both conferences.

ENJOY!!
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave pickemtowinem 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

BRAVES1985

Quote Originally Posted by pickemtowinem View Post
    These are just my leans, not officially locked in as "plays" as of yet: But I been leaning this way for a while....so it might stay this way. Phoenix and Detroit: This should be a series, with constant back and forth games. The redwings seemed to have really slowed down the last 5-6 weeks of the season, and in watching them play, it almost seemed as if something is missing, or out of whack in the motor city. Detroit ended the season 8 - 12 in their last 20 games and THAT gives me cause for concern. One could argue they were resting up for the playoffs, knowing they were locked in a spot early....But....in my honest opinion, something looks wrong in Detroit. Phoenix went 10 -8 to close out the season, and had some emotional games in that time span..... young teams with something to prove don't usually get it done, but call this one a feel of sorts..... I'm leaning towards the NHL owned Coyotes being the surprise team in the 1st round. Early Lean: UPSET SPECIAL: Coyotes in 6 Rangers and Capitals: While the general consensus seems to be that the Rangers will be the underdog team to win in the 1st round, I'm not so sure. I dont think there is a team with more to prove in the 2011 playoffs than the 2011 Washington Capitals. Caps had playoffs locked up early, and still ended the season on a 15-4 run. This team is hungry, young and full of talent. Defense looks good. Goalies have done there respective parts and only a fool would question the offensive power that lies in this lineup. Rangers ended the season 11-7. Pretty good at first glance, but they lost to teams like Ottawa, the Islanders and Senators and that scares me a whole lot. Washington should be locked in and focused on the task at hand. Nothing short of conference finals for these guys this year. Capitals in 6. Ducks and Predators: This is in my opinion going to be some entertaining hockey. These 2 teams are very well matched up. Nashville has played the Ducks hard all year, last meeting I think was a 5-4 win. However, in a 7 game series, I dont think the Preds have what it takes to beat the Ducks. The Ducks finished the season a very strong 14-5 - with 3 of those 5 losses coming against the Canucks, Coyotes and Predators. Nashville is no slouch of a team, and they could well upset the Ducks, but in this low scoring series (yes I think the Goalies will shine in this series) I cant see Nashville (12 - 7 to end the year) beating Anahiem in a 7 game series.... Ducks in 7 Tampa Bay and Pittsburgh In what should be another high scoring series, the injury ravaged penguins have overcome alot of adversity this year, and seem to be a team that is coming together at the right time. 12 - 6 to end the year, with 4 of those losses coming against playoff teams. The other 2 being OTL's to Toronto and New Jersey, both teams that were playing very decent puck at the time. Tampa comes into the playoffs, winning 4 of their last 5, but were 9-10 to close out the year. Being a team that has loss more games than it won coming into the playoffs, versus a team that somehow keeps getting it done, I cannot see the Lightning beating the Pens in a 7 game series. And I HATE the PENS and am a HUGE fan of Vinny LeCav. Penguins in 6 Chicago and Vancouver Chicago came into the playoffs weak. Needing other teams help to get in, and not winning games they needed to win and you have everyone and their moms mom taking the Canucks. (last I checked better than 80% of "us" were on the Canucks.) Chicago closed the season out at 10-9. Lost to teams they shouldn't have. Vancouver closed out the season at 15-4. 2 losses to Edmonton and one each to Nashville and Phoenix. This team knows this is their respective year to put up or shut up. Problem I see is that Chicago has played the Canuck's very well this year. Chicago beat em 5 times this year out of 8. There are teams that give vancouver trouble, and well, this Hawks team is one of them. Gotta go with the champs. Less pressure at 8th seed. President trophy winners dont usually fare too well in the playoffs, Vancouver is Canada's top choice to win the cup, that's even more pressure- the pressure of a nation on Luongo's shoulders.....again. He didn't do it then, he wont do it now. Call it what you want, but this one goes to the original 6 team in my early opinion. Blackhawks in 7 Montreal and Boston F*K the HABS. F*K their fans. F*K their whiny police force for sticking their nose in the game's on ice affairs. I'm still convinced, if a Montreal player hits a Bruin player into the stanchion, there is no police interference/investigation. Price will choke with the pressure on. He is a good goalie, but not great. Over valued, over hyped and over touted team are these Habs. Habs and their respective fans can watch Thomas and Chara win this series with relative ease. Boston is too big, too strong and has the edge in between the pipes as far as im concerned. Tim Thomas with his 2.00 GAA and .938 save percentage coupled with home ice advantage and the fact that the Bruins have won 2 of the last 3 meetings.....gives me all I need to take this one to the bank. The habs are in over their heads. They will resort to cheap play and euro style soccer diving to try and get the calls.....but guess what- it aint going to work. This is playoff hockey. No refs will save you. The whistles will be put in the pockets unless its blatant and obvious penalties......and the HABS have revenge on their minds....that will distract them, not help them. Look for Boston to thump em into a big steaming pile of Hab-Crap. Bruins in 5. Los Angeles and San Jose I'm totally looking forward to this series. It seems to be in the back shelf for everyone else, but I think this series gives us some seriously good entertainment. I can't recall off the top of my head the last time all 3 california teams made the playoffs, but as a betting man, I dropped a little money on all 3 of them to win the cup. (3 out of 16 is a pretty good shot no???) If Los Angeles didn't have the injuries they do, I would have pegged this series to go 7 games, with Quick stealing a game or 2. However, the Sharks are a deep squad, with lots of experience, lots of size, a good deal of speed and guys who can put the puck in the net. This is the series I predict everyone will make a ton of cash on, as I cannot see this one getting to even 5 games. I like the Kings, and the direction they are heading in......its just a year or 2 too soon. Sharks SWEEP. yes, 4 games. Buffalo and Philadelphia This one can go wither way. Buffalo comes in 14-7 to close out the season, also winners of 4 in a row to end the year. Philly comes in 7 - 13 to close out the year, and winners of just 1 in their last 5. However, what should not be overlooked, this team rested a ton of players to end the year, had some injuries and still has a guy they call Pronger on the back end.... Buffalo in my honest opinion peaked a little too early. They are getting very strong goaltending as expected by Miller- but this Philly team is a different type of beast. Philly holds the all time series edge, 5 to 3. Miller while he played a few minutes here and there to close out the season, is returning from an injury..... Philly's late season swoon is fresh on everyone's mind.....but this guy is reading between the lines...... Philly is built for this time of year. Much like the Lakers and Celtics are built for playoff action in the NBA, Philly is built to play in the post season- and there is no way the Sabers pull the upset. Too small. They might steal a game or two, but in the end....... Philly in 6 Just my early thoughts, with limited research on match ups and so forth.....but as we all know, when the playoffs start, anything can happen- and usually does. Should be a great opening round in both conferences. ENJOY!!
    love the pics but i got the wings and im thinkin tb but haven't decided yet good luck to you

pickemtowinem
    a.k.a. Dr.Money

love the pics but i got the wings and im thinkin tb but haven't decided yet good luck to you
    good luck to you as well man. these are in fact my leans. I haven't dropped any bets yet either- until more info is obtained....thats when ill make the final decision.

But its looking good early. The more info/stats/breaking news we can get before laying the wagers will only help us profit. And that's really what matters.

Lets get em!

memo99
    memo99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

no shit sherlock.

answer is no
    Hey just wondering who has taken Vancouver out in the last 2 playoffs can you look that up for me? Thanks

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9221

I've taken the Hawks, for the value. But wouldn't be shocked to see them get hammered in 4 or 5 either.

Liking Preds, Coyotes and Lightning for other upsets.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I've taken the Hawks, for the value. But wouldn't be shocked to see them get hammered in 4 or 5 either.

Liking Preds, Coyotes and Lightning for other upsets.

The Hawks are a good value bet, seeing as they have taken Vancouver out 2 years in a row.

The Coyotes have to be a strong play. I don't believe Howard is the answer. Phoenix may not be a huge offensive team, but they are so fast. The games between the two teams this year were extremely competitive, I think from a value perspective Phoenix is a strong bet.

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35459

Pickem. Your lack of knowledge about the sabres couldn't be more apparent. Millers goaltending this year has been average at best and they boast one of the best pp and scoring offenses In the league.

They aren't just 14-7 In their last 21, they are the best team in the NHL since mid February. Peaking too early? If anything they peaked at the right time And Philly did not.

Care to put some points where your mouth is? I'll bet up to 500 pts on the outcome.

pickemtowinem
    a.k.a. Dr.Money

Quote Originally Posted by a4u2fear View Post
    Pickem. Your lack of knowledge about the sabres couldn't be more apparent. Millers goaltending this year has been average at best and they boast one of the best pp and scoring offenses In the league. They aren't just 14-7 In their last 21, they are the best team in the NHL since mid February. Peaking too early? If anything they peaked at the right time And Philly did not. Care to put some points where your mouth is? I'll bet up to 500 pts on the outcome.
    So a goalie with a .916 sv% and 34 wins and a 2.59 GAA is average? Miller is that guy. Miller faced 1964 shots this season, only 5 other goalies faced more shots. It's quite apparent you are a Sabers fan....but that's okay. I'd be pretty mad if I had to play the rested Flyers team in round 1 too.

You are on. I will even give you EVEN odds. But I can only wager 100 points for this series. So, for the series, I got Philly, you get Barfalot and we have a bet.

Good luck! even with your "average" goalie.

pinchylarue
    *** SBR'S WORST POKER PLAYER ***
    pinchylarue's Avatar Become A Pro!

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ya sure y not instead of bitchin about this guys picks give us your fukin picks then smart guy
    (1) Washington 4
    (8) NY Rangers 1

(2) Philadelphia 4
    (7) Buffalo 2

(3) Boston 4
    (6) Montreal 2

(4) Pittsburgh 3
    (5) Tampa Bay 4

WESTERN CONFERENCE

(1) Vancouver 4
    (8) Chicago 2

(2) San Jose 4

(7) Los Angeles 1

(3) Detroit 4
    (6) Phoenix 1

(4) Anaheim 3
    (5) Nashville 4

East: Boston
    West: San Jose

Cup: San Jose

philliesfinest
    philliesfinest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15620

also think this might be the sharks year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lilb999
    lilb999's Avatar Become A Pro!

These are just my leans, not officially locked in as "plays" as of yet: But I been leaning this way for a while....so it might stay this way.

Phoenix and Detroit:

This should be a series, with constant back and forth games. The redwings seemed to have really slowed down the last 5-6 weeks of the season, and in watching them play, it almost seemed as if something is missing, or out of whack in the motor city. Detroit ended the season 8 - 12 in their last 20 games and THAT gives me cause for concern. One could argue they were resting up for the playoffs, knowing they were locked in a spot early....But....in my honest opinion, something looks wrong in Detroit. Phoenix went 10 -8 to close out the season, and had some emotional games in that time span..... young teams with something to prove don't usually get it done, but call this one a feel of sorts.....
    I'm leaning towards the NHL owned Coyotes being the surprise team in the 1st round.
    Early Lean: UPSET SPECIAL: Coyotes in 6

Rangers and Capitals:
    While the general consensus seems to be that the Rangers will be the underdog team to win in the 1st round, I'm not so sure. I dont think there is a team with more to prove in the 2011 playoffs than the 2011 Washington Capitals. Caps had playoffs locked up early, and still ended the season on a 15-4 run. This team is hungry, young and full of talent. Defense looks good. Goalies have done there respective parts and only a fool would question the offensive power that lies in this lineup.
    Rangers ended the season 11-7. Pretty good at first glance, but they lost to teams like Ottawa, the Islanders and Senators and that scares me a whole lot. Washington should be locked in and focused on the task at hand. Nothing short of conference finals for these guys this year.
    Capitals in 6.

Ducks and Predators:
    This is in my opinion going to be some entertaining hockey. These 2 teams are very well matched up. Nashville has played the Ducks hard all year, last meeting I think was a 5-4 win. However, in a 7 game series, I dont think the Preds have what it takes to beat the Ducks. The Ducks finished the season a very strong 14-5 - with 3 of those 5 losses coming against the Canucks, Coyotes and Predators.
    Nashville is no slouch of a team, and they could well upset the Ducks, but in this low scoring series (yes I think the Goalies will shine in this series) I cant see Nashville (12 - 7 to end the year) beating Anahiem in a 7 game series....
    Ducks in 7

Tampa Bay and Pittsburgh
    In what should be another high scoring series, the injury ravaged penguins have overcome alot of adversity this year, and seem to be a team that is coming together at the right time. 12 - 6 to end the year, with 4 of those losses coming against playoff teams. The other 2 being OTL's to Toronto and New Jersey, both teams that were playing very decent puck at the time. Tampa comes into the playoffs, winning 4 of their last 5, but were 9-10 to close out the year. Being a team that has loss more games than it won coming into the playoffs, versus a team that somehow keeps getting it done, I cannot see the Lightning beating the Pens in a 7 game series.
    And I HATE the PENS and am a HUGE fan of Vinny LeCav.
    Penguins in 6

Chicago and Vancouver
    Chicago came into the playoffs weak. Needing other teams help to get in, and not winning games they needed to win and you have everyone and their moms mom taking the Canucks. (last I checked better than 80% of "us" were on the Canucks.)
    Chicago closed the season out at 10-9. Lost to teams they shouldn't have.
    Vancouver closed out the season at 15-4. 2 losses to Edmonton and one each to Nashville and Phoenix. This team knows this is their respective year to put up or shut up. Problem I see is that Chicago has played the Canuck's very well this year. Chicago beat em 5 times this year out of 8. There are teams that give vancouver trouble, and well, this Hawks team is one of them. Gotta go with the champs. Less pressure at 8th seed. President trophy winners dont usually fare too well in the playoffs, Vancouver is Canada's top choice to win the cup, that's even more pressure- the pressure of a nation on Luongo's shoulders.....again.
    He didn't do it then, he wont do it now. Call it what you want, but this one goes to the original 6 team in my early opinion.
    Blackhawks in 7

Montreal and Boston
    F*K the HABS. F*K their fans. F*K their whiny police force for sticking their nose in the game's on ice affairs. I'm still convinced, if a Montreal player hits a Bruin player into the stanchion, there is no police interference/investigation. Price will choke with the pressure on. He is a good goalie, but not great. Over valued, over hyped and over touted team are these Habs.
    Habs and their respective fans can watch Thomas and Chara win this series with relative ease.
    Boston is too big, too strong and has the edge in between the pipes as far as im concerned. Tim Thomas with his 2.00 GAA and .938 save percentage coupled with home ice advantage and the fact that the Bruins have won 2 of the last 3 meetings.....gives me all I need to take this one to the bank. The habs are in over their heads. They will resort to cheap play and euro style soccer diving to try and get the calls.....but guess what- it aint going to work. This is playoff hockey. No refs will save you. The whistles will be put in the pockets unless its blatant and obvious penalties......and the HABS have revenge on their minds....that will distract them, not help them.
    Look for Boston to thump em into a big steaming pile of Hab-Crap.
    Bruins in 5.

Los Angeles and San Jose
    I'm totally looking forward to this series. It seems to be in the back shelf for everyone else, but I think this series gives us some seriously good entertainment. I can't recall off the top of my head the last time all 3 california teams made the playoffs, but as a betting man, I dropped a little money on all 3 of them to win the cup. (3 out of 16 is a pretty good shot no???) If Los Angeles didn't have the injuries they do, I would have pegged this series to go 7 games, with Quick stealing a game or 2. However, the Sharks are a deep squad, with lots of experience, lots of size, a good deal of speed and guys who can put the puck in the net. This is the series I predict everyone will make a ton of cash on, as I cannot see this one getting to even 5 games. I like the Kings, and the direction they are heading in......its just a year or 2 too soon.
    Sharks SWEEP. yes, 4 games.

Buffalo and Philadelphia
    This one can go wither way. Buffalo comes in 14-7 to close out the season, also winners of 4 in a row to end the year. Philly comes in 7 - 13 to close out the year, and winners of just 1 in their last 5. However, what should not be overlooked, this team rested a ton of players to end the year, had some injuries and still has a guy they call Pronger on the back end....
    Buffalo in my honest opinion peaked a little too early. They are getting very strong goaltending as expected by Miller- but this Philly team is a different type of beast. Philly holds the all time series edge, 5 to 3. Miller while he played a few minutes here and there to close out the season, is returning from an injury..... Philly's late season swoon is fresh on everyone's mind.....but this guy is reading between the lines...... Philly is built for this time of year. Much like the Lakers and Celtics are built for playoff action in the NBA, Philly is built to play in the post season- and there is no way the Sabers pull the upset. Too small. They might steal a game or two, but in the end.......
    Philly in 6

Just my early thoughts, with limited research on match ups and so forth.....but as we all know, when the playoffs start, anything can happen- and usually does.

Should be a great opening round in both conferences.

ENJOY!!
    I agree with most your picks Pickem besides the yotes and wings. But then again I am a huge wings homer.

Watching them the past month or so they just looked disinterested in games and looked as though they would rather get out of games healthy as opposed to risking getting injured for the playoffs (Zetterberg). I really hope the wings can bring the same intensity as they did for the Hawks game on Sunday because that was a pretty good game with a playoff type atmosphere. Obviously Ilya's going to have to steal a few games for the yotes to have a chance (which he has the capability of doing)

Wings in 6!

I also think Tampa has a pretty good shot at beating the Pens

JW Cash
    JW Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chicago over Vancouver is the best bet of the opening series..........

Eleven
    Eleven's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think Buffalo could surprise, theyve steadily improved month after month.

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT

So a goalie with a .916 sv% and 34 wins and a 2.59 GAA is average? Miller is that guy. Miller faced 1964 shots this season, only 5 other goalies faced more shots. It's quite apparent you are a Sabers fan....but that's okay. I'd be pretty mad if I had to play the rested Flyers team in round 1 too.

You are on. I will even give you EVEN odds. But I can only wager 100 points for this series. So, for the series, I got Philly, you get Barfalot and we have a bet.

Good luck! even with your "average" goalie.

anything we have to do to make it a bet on this site, or is this enough?

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chicago winning the first round against the Canucks.... stranger things have happened but I don't see it happening this time. The Nucks are too strong at home to be upset so early.

pickemtowinem
    a.k.a. Dr.Money

anything we have to do to make it a bet on this site, or is this enough?

"All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one. Do you understand? That piece of $hit up there, I never liked him, I never trusted him. For all I know he had me set up and had my friend Angel Fernandez killed. But that's history. I'm here, he's not. Do you wanna go on with me, you say it. You don't, then you make a move"

In other words: Consider it a wager. You can post points now, or within 24 hours of the series ending. We have a ton of "witnesses" on this thread....so imo, that should be good.

bruceBRUCEbruce

Care to put some points where your mouth is? I'll bet up to 500 pts on the outcome.
    you want more action on this series? I'd be pleased to take Philly.
    Points Awarded:

a4u2fear gave bruceBRUCEbruce 100 SBR Point(s) for this post.

BRAVES1985

east
    wsh over nyr in 5
    phi over buf in 5
    bos over mtl in 5
    tb over pitt in 7

west
    chi over van in 6
    sj over la in 6
    det over phx in 5
    ana over nsh in 6

cant wait!

puckhead31
    Hockey baby
    puckhead31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 842

Cannot believe how many of you guys think Boston will go deep. Chara is not a leader worse captain in the league. Every time a player gets under his skin he cracks. And let's face it the B's don't play 60 minute hockey, nor have the HEART or desire to win. Look at what happened last year against the Flyers and look at what happened just last week against the RANGERS!

Be careful with the Bruins, I have the Habs knocking them out only because the Habs play with heart and desire and play 60 minute hockey in the playoffs.

Also it will come down to what goalie plays better, Price or Thomas...and I choose Price over Thomas any day as long as Thomas is in a Bruins uniform.

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Tb +130 & pho +170.

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

I am leaning Phoenix +170 and Buffalo +135. Yes, maybe Philly and Detroit have been "resting" for the playoffs, but I just see at least one of them continuing the up and down form and having it cost them.

And I will give anyone that wants the Canadians 100 points to win 180. Is there a way to "lock in" a points bet?

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT

Quote Originally Posted by bruceBRUCEbruce View Post
    you want more action on this series? I'd be pleased to take Philly.
    sure, 100?

bruceBRUCEbruce

sure, 100?
    you're on. :virtual handshake

I'll book your action, 100 points of yours on Buffalo, current price is B +130. Your 100 to win 130, Philly wins, you owe me a 100 points. Hope it's a good one!

12 Last