kpoutlaw
    kpoutlaw's Avatar Become A Pro!

Question about Accessing Foreign Betting Sites

I live in Korea, where betting is limited to what the gov't has on their official "Toto Sports" site, and up to this point, it's been relatively easy to access the foreign betting sites without any problems. However, with all of these illegal Korean sports betting sites sprouting up and the gov't cracking down, many Korean users are also starting to access the foreign sites. Subsequently, the gov't is also cracking down on the foreign sites that have many Korean users. bwin and 188bet are two prime examples. So now I am beginning to dread the day that I finally build up a substantial bankroll of over $100,000 from a measly $100 on a great site like Pinnacle (probably won't ever happen) and find that the site has been blocked or restricted by the damn government. I went to great lengths to find mirror sites for all the big foreign sites and even emailed a few of the sites.

Betcris told me there is nothing we can do. Sign up to one of our "sister" sites and transfer the money.

Pinnacle told me

1. Go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Connections
    2. Select LAN Settings
    3. Under Proxy Server, check the box "Use a proxy server for your LAN"
    4. Enter this information: Address: 200.26.206.17, Port: 1863
    5. Click OK.

Once you have configured the proxy, you can try to access our site by using www.pinnaclesports.com or by IP http://216.152.164.80.

But when I asked whether this will work if the government blocks complete access to their main site, they never responded.

Bwin kept telling me to access their main site when I repeatedly told them that I can't because of restricted access to their main site. (What I did for Bwin before it got blocked was log in with an incorrect password, and when they gave me the message "Incorrect username/password," I saved that link and I can now log-on to their site even though I can't access the main site. Can anyone explain this and whether I can do this for other sites??)

188Bet was the only site that gave me a mirror site.

Anyway, this is quite a dilemma for me, and I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could give me advice or tips on how to access proxies, mirror sites, etc...in the even that my worst fears come to materialize...

Thanks

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

edit

ja just read your whole post and my reply was wrong. Maybe something like a VPS desktop would work. http://vpsville.ca/remote-desktop. If the site blocks korean access though you are out of luck.
    Last edited by byronbb; 03-16-11 at 10:36 PM.

kpoutlaw
    kpoutlaw's Avatar Become A Pro!

Alright thanks a lot..bwin replied and gave me a mirror site...and pinnacle is still working for now, but in the event that something should ever happen, i'll give it a try..peace!