C0nkette
    C0nkette's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oh wow~! So happy to have found this thread. Thanks !!!!!

WendysRox
    WendysRox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Cool.. one of my threads is still around! I feel like I've contributed something - even if by just asking a question

RE: kenpom - I agree with so much that has been said. It does seem that he means to change the way tourney teams are chosen. His blog is good reading (even for a non-fan of basketball like myself). And his stats seem widely respected. I stopped using his predictions, however, because they just seem so close to actual lines. I find little value in them, to be frank. Sagarin doesn't seem much better. But, I'm a believer in the notion that if there is data out there, then there is usually a way to look at it in order to form a prediction about the future. IOW, maybe I'm just not using kenpom's predictions in the right way.

I do use another site that combines several computer predictions into one place (including all three of Sagarin's). For me, lately at least, compiling 30+ statistical-based predictions into a single prediction has been profitable.

Anyway, I'm glad this discussion piqued the interest of the community. Discussions like this are why I visit sports forums.

tomcowley
    tomcowley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6786

Quote Originally Posted by arwar View Post
    i code these things myself:

here's a quick pomeroy scraper:

again if use desktop icon set properties to point to kenpom folder - or just run the scraper from the folder.

note - button2 is under construction - maybe i will combine the 2 (pom & sag) with pinny lines

p.s. for you excel guys there is a file kp-final.csv that you can jerk right in to Excel.
    I'm not saying this particular thing is a security risk, but downloading a .exe off a messageboard link is a ******* awful idea. SBR shouldn't even allow it to be posted.
    Last edited by sam9ball; 02-28-11 at 05:10 PM. Reason: links

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Good thing we have such stellar moderators.

subs
    subs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 969

what u say is very wise but i run 1 or 2 of his other apps in safe mode in kaspersky on an old unloved PC looked ok to me.

i'm far from the most puter-wise dude around so i could be mistaken

or i could be another alias of the evil arwar.... muhahahahaha

be great if any1 with more ability than me can confirm/deny that its virus free, please?
    Last edited by subs; 02-28-11 at 11:03 PM.

tomcowley
    tomcowley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6786

Quote Originally Posted by durito View Post
    Good thing we have such stellar moderators.
    Yeah, jesus christ on a crutch. I rereported and still nothing.

arwar
    arwar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1544

a new scraper that combines Pinny/Sagarin/KenPom and uses neutral fileds for tournament

it is available at http://parlaysrus.com/dl/setup_saggrid.exe

good luck

First 12