TU
    TU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

NBA APG player props

When trying to calculate assists per game, i've been taking what I believe to be the estimated APG for a player and adjusting it by using the league APG average and the defense they are playing. However, I wanted to include the pace component as well but it feels like I am over doing it. After I got my adjusted APG number I was going to adjust it again by using the estimated score from the vegas line. I feel like I am calculating an adjustment twice because the estimated score would account for the defense they are playing. It just seems like there is some overlap there.

The other question that I have is once I have my APG number, would it be appropriate to combine it with my PPG and use it in the Poisson calculation assuming I adjust the PPG for the Poisson. That would be for PPG + APG props.

TU
    TU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Actually I think I figured out what to do. Just had to toy around with it for a bit.

gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

While I dont have the numbers, you may want to look at home road splits. There are alot of borderline plays that the home scorekeeper will give assists to the home team but not the road.