bizzo1
    bizzo1's Avatar Become A Pro!

NBA history of first and second half O/U vs spread

Is there any place where I can find past history of NBA first and second half total points results vs the O/U first and second half totals of those games?

mukas pukas
    mukas pukas's Avatar Become A Pro!

that's such a good question. I don't have the info unfortunately. Also, a history of teams against the first half spread, and correlation to 2nd half ats. I'm falling in love with 2nd half betting

Peregrine Stoop
    Peregrine Stoop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 779

wow, I cannot believe no one has ever asked this before.

bizzo1

Tell you what guys I started tracking the O/U both first half and second half 3 days ago and so far I have 29 games total. In the second half 19 games have gone under and 10 over. 2 of the games went to OT and would have been under if they did not hit the extra time. 65% win rate betting on straight under in the second half so far. Am I onto a trend? Maybe let's keep watching and winning!

specialronnie29
    specialronnie29's Avatar Become A Pro!

question has been askmed before but no one will share

bizzo1

I will keep tracking it and keep everyone informed.

Richta Bean
    Richta Bean's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7558

hey, pretty sure this is what youre looking for: if you go to donbest.com and look at the nba scores page you can click on the summary for each game and they list the halftime spreads and totals along side each game... hope this helps

specialronnie29

richta bean

all i see are 1h and 2h scores... need the lines tho

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don Best or Sports Options subscription. Only goes back 2 or 3 seasons though.

bizzo1

Yes it looks like Donbest only shows the totals for the game. I can find that info just about anywhere I am looking to find the years past second half O/U line so that I can backdate the totals and keep up with this trend. So far I have tracked the last 108 games and the second half under is still holding strong at 62%. 108 games 3 have pushed 65 have been under and 40 have gone over. 5 of the games went to overtime in which 4 of those games would have finished under if they would not have played the extra time. I have been following this trend and betting on the under and only betting on the over when I am fairly confident both teams are going to score and not play defense in the second half. So far I have made a profit every day except one. I am going to keep using this system until I loose money. It is working so far!!!

brad89
    brad89's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have the HT and FT info... If you are talking about second half lines/totals that you either bet at HT or live bet, then I doubt any website would have that info tracked - none that I know of anyway.

Richta Bean
    Richta Bean's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7558

not sure how this doesnt show the half time line and total (its under line summary)

http://www.donbest.com/nba/scores_su...-20110201-sum/

and yes you do need a subscription to go back months/yrs ago but what i used the free trial (its called free but cost $1) and took the data that i could for the years they had available hope that helps

specialronnie29

thanks richta!

Ibrakadabra
    Ibrakadabra's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Agree, thanks Richta, that material has great potential!

nastradamus
    nastradamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2956

great! thanks Richta

bizzo1

If anyone is interested here is the link to my google docs spreadsheet for the second half O/U games I have been tracking https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...thkey=COud480C

virtualguru28
    virtualguru28's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bumping this old thread:

So I am trying to gather all sorts of data for my NBA system and it amazes me how difficult it is to get 1H and 2H stats (FG Pctg, 3PT Pctg, etc). It seems that the only thing readily available are score totals.

So 2 questions:
    1. Does anyone know where is a good place to collect this data, even if I have to screen scrape (better than going play-by-play off ESPN.COM)?
    2. Do you think that it is by design that these stats are so hard to get? I mean every damn NBA game always shows a halftime breakdown of the stats, why is this not available to the public besides in real time? Is the league making sure the books stay full of cash?

I don't have any real leads on a system yet, just want to test some things out as I enjoy data analytics.

Thanks in advance!

virtualguru28

Just found what I needed!

runnershane14
    runnershane14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by virtualguru28 View Post
    Just found what I needed!
    Where did you find this information?

And in regards to past line data, in my opinion www.sbrodds.com has everything you need. Just takes some time to gather the information.

virtualguru28

if you go on nba.com and look for the boxscores, there is a link to download the gamebook in PDF Format.

In there it has advanced box scores. If anyone is interested in gathering some data, let me know by PM!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: nelsonrc24

brewers7
    brewers7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4441

How many years of pdfs do they have on the NBA site?...

I have 13 years worth of that data and hopefully will have more in the next few months...

nelsonrc24
    nelsonrc24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1089

Quote Originally Posted by virtualguru28 View Post
    if you go on nba.com and look for the boxscores, there is a link to download the gamebook in PDF Format.

In there it has advanced box scores. If anyone is interested in gathering some data, let me know by PM!
    Thank you very much!! Been looking for this kind of data for a while. Its got improve my %

playbig207
    playbig207's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by brewers7 View Post
    How many years of pdfs do they have on the NBA site?...

I have 13 years worth of that data and hopefully will have more in the next few months...
    Hi, I don't know if you still keep track on nba, but I was wondering if you have the scores to 1st and 2nd half scores history for each team going back 5 years from now? Or do you know of any place that might carry this info. thanks

matt711
    matt711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2458

Great idea here...

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Even with all of this data... There is still too much to put together. It's a great logical approach... but I see way too many variables. It's just like anything else in wagering.

brewers7

Quote Originally Posted by playbig207 View Post
    Hi, I don't know if you still keep track on nba, but I was wondering if you have the scores to 1st and 2nd half scores history for each team going back 5 years from now? Or do you know of any place that might carry this info. thanks
    You are just looking for 1H scores and 2H scores?...

I have that in my NBA database going back 30+ seasons...

Back to the 1981-82 season...

Underwraps
    Underwraps's Avatar Become A Pro!

Brewers7, can you email me the file from the year 2000 to present?

Thanks
    Wraps

brewers7

What are you looking for?...

1H and 2H scores?...

Quote Originally Posted by Underwraps View Post
    Brewers7, can you email me the file from the year 2000 to present?

Thanks
    Wraps
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Nysut