LVBOUND
    Living the DREAM!!
    LVBOUND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 119

Trying to create a MLB Power Rankings

I am working on developing a MLB Power ranking model.

I need the model to work two ways

#1) Track good teams at home and the future home schedule

#2) Track bad teams on the road and their future road schedule.

I want to use this model to help select my teams to bet in my system. Last year I changed teams when I felt it was needed and it worked, however I was late on moving off Bal and Hou.

I seen a thread last MLB season which ranked every MLB pitcher. I wanted to use that as a tool to give each team a #. Then rank them 1-30.

I then want to rank each team 1-30 on home record for teams over 500 WP and road record for teams under 500 wp.

I then want to rank each teams strength of schedule for the next 14 days. and next 30 days.

I then want to be able to deduct points for every starter out on IR.

Then I wanted that to determined a final number.

Is their anything out their like this? and if not is anybody interested in looking in to this together?

I am sure we can come up with other factors. This was just a rough idea to come up with other ideas.

Matt

TheBet
    TheBet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

You have the specifications, what do you want? Someone to gather all the information for you and put it in one neat little package?

If you ain't willing to put in the work, moving to Vegas isn't the brightest of ideas young fella.

Data
    Data's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by LVBOUND View Post
    Is their anything out their like this?
    Sure, I think that about 50% of the betting public uses inane crap like this.
    Last edited by Data; 01-18-11 at 12:10 AM. Reason: typo

LVBOUND
    Living the DREAM!!
    LVBOUND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 119

Man I have put many days in my life into many models? I was just seeing if their was anything similar someone had worked on. I will be starting it myself and looking for advice. I have a rough draft already in excel, will continue to work on it as the weeks progress.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Somebody better help this guy. He gave up his job as a cop, and is moving to Vegas to be a pro sports bettor with his eyes on MLB (doesn't bet football or basketball). Wife and kids are staying back in Florida. He's following his fantasy dream based on a successful MLB season with virtual money.

sneak-a-peak
    sneak-a-peak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

WOW