Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Line moves after the game has started.

Is it solely to cover a books tracks on where they were leaning? I'm sure it makes it that much more difficult to research considering people might not check the time stamp of that last line move of every single game.

It's not like Matchbook where someone doesn't get their offer accepted.

tomcowley
    tomcowley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6786

Huh?

losturmarbles
    losturmarbles's Avatar Become A Pro!

Are you talking about on sbrodds?

Chances are whatever timestamps you're looking at were delayed from when they actually occurred.

horsiehung
    horsiehung's Avatar Become A Pro!

i have never heard of such a thing, unless you are reading a live line archive?

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

I'm saying in regards to anyone researching a book's closing lines. When a book sometimes changes it's lines after a game has started, it con-volutes any closing line research. (Unless you check the time stamps for every game.) I use a line service and you see it all the time.

Jontheman
    Jontheman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4073

For major sports (e.g. NFL at Pinny) a line won't close until the game actually starts - which may be a few minutes after the scheduled start time. Might this be what is showing up in your data?

losturmarbles
    losturmarbles's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    I'm saying in regards to anyone researching a book's closing lines. When a book sometimes changes it's lines after a game has started, it con-volutes any closing line research. (Unless you check the time stamps for every game.) I use a line service and you see it all the time.
    Are you sure they are doing this? I guess it's plausible. I've known people that instead of using the closing line, they would use the line 15 minutes before the schedule tip for research. I guess whatever increment of time you use though, it would be prudent to stay consistent.

skrtelfan
    skrtelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3337

Don't worry about it man, it's just a delay in the info arriving. Kind of like how in horse racing the money in the pool continues to be updated after the race started. It doesn't mean there are places letting people bet after the race started.