dirk65
    dirk65's Avatar Become A Pro!

6 team pickem

I need help, playing in a pool where you make six plays a week in college and NFL against the spread or O/U. Does anyone have any plays they are really confident in this week?

I like
    Green Bay -3.5 at Minn
    Utah -3.5 at San Diego St

splash
    splash's Avatar Become A Pro!

Look at the pool lines and compare to Pinnacle lines and pick the games that are the most off

Arilou
    Arilou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 949

Discussion of teams and individual games shouldn't be in the think tank but splash's approach is clearly correct. Also good to postpone your decisions as long as possible to catch moves and lean on juice errors. Often they'll have to offer either -3 or -3.5 because they don't do vig and both those lines will be off.

That Foreign Guy
    I got sunshine in a bag
    That Foreign Guy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3069

Quote Originally Posted by splash View Post
    Look at the pool lines and compare to Pinnacle lines and pick the games that are the most off
    Splash wins the thread.

Unless you are a significantly better than average handicapper you're much better off looking for the soft lines. Look for +3.5 when Pinny has +3 or +1 where Pinny has +1 -130, etc.

The only thing I'd add is to be aware of tournament strategy especially at the end. There are times near the end of competitions like this when deliberately making a bad pick because it is the same as your nearest rival (if you're ahead) or different (if you're behind) is better in $EV terms if not in win% terms.