Jasonal_98
    Jasonal_98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 237

Wong Teasers

I've been reading about Wong Teasers recently. Do any of you have significant experience playing them and, if so, how do they do? Do you round-robin when you have the opportunity? One of my books current has Pit, NYJ, and Ten at -8, and I'm wondering how I should play this.

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

Usually wait till Sunday
    Check the pinny line to see if the team you want to play is not over +100 on the spread

subs
    subs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 969

i am no expert here but i suggest having a good search in the tank and do some reading because there is more to it then just betting the numbers. but as Peregrine Stoop said recently books are shading their lines because they work. often instead of seeing +1.5 you will see +1 or instead of -8 you get -9. make sure you know the rules for a push on a selection and that you are getting the right odds.

these teasers work best just B4 kick off as this is when the lines are sharpest.

good luck buddy
    Last edited by subs; 11-18-10 at 11:14 PM.

SparJMU
    SparJMU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7523

A few tips for you.

1) Only bet closing lines, so wait until an hour to 30 minutes before the game begins.
    2) Don't bet the away favorite of -7.5 to -8.5 subset.
    3) Yes, round robin your plays, but browse different sites for the best odds. Read Wong's chapter on the subject for the actual breakeven odds for all 2-team, 3-team, and 4-team options.
    4) Reiterating rfr3sh's comment, check Pinnacle lines to make sure you aren't betting a bad line. For example if a book is offering -7.5 and you are going to tease it, check Pinnacle to make sure -7.5 isn't a +100 or greater bet.

trixtrix
    trixtrix's Avatar Become A Pro!

you should be betting the other side at +8 for all games

HauntingTheHoly
    HauntingTheHoly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

Quote Originally Posted by trixtrix View Post
    Is this a personal opinion or would this make it a "correct" Wong teaser?

Jasonal_98
    Jasonal_98's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks for all of the feedback, everyone. Will probably begin experimenting this weekend. Chicago would have worked well as the first half of a Wong last night.

LegitBet
    steelers
    LegitBet's Avatar Become A Pro!

It appears alot can be made becoming an 'expert' on just Wong teasers .... I'm realizing alot more is involved than crossing 3 and 7, right?

Peregrine Stoop
    Peregrine Stoop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 779

Quote Originally Posted by LegitBet View Post
    It appears alot can be made becoming an 'expert' on just Wong teasers .... I'm realizing alot more is involved than crossing 3 and 7, right?
    why not buy Sharp Sports Betting?

trixtrix

alot can be made doing anything if you put your mind to it

subs

Trix are you just fvcking with us here?

Peregrine Stoop - i've learned much much more reading the tank. ok it takes longer and there is a lot of nonsense around but i felt like i learned very little from the book except maybe some march madness tournament stuff, which i am yet to investigate properly. IMO the tank is way better but you actually gotta read it not just post questions that been asked 50 times B4.
    Last edited by subs; 11-21-10 at 04:39 AM.

mathdotcom
    mathdotcom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1943

Whether it's -7.5 +102 is irrelevant compared to the more important statistic no one else has mentioned

THE TOTAL !!!!!!

The lower the total the lower the variance the higher the EV

djiddish98
    djiddish98's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mathdotcom View Post
    Whether it's -7.5 +102 is irrelevant compared to the more important statistic no one else has mentioned

THE TOTAL !!!!!!

In theory, yes - but is this significant in application?

Books don't charge different prices for buying points based on the total, do they?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Quote Originally Posted by SparJMU View Post
    A few tips for you.

1) Only bet closing lines, so wait until an hour to 30 minutes before the game begins.
    2) Don't bet the away favorite of -7.5 to -8.5 subset.
    3) Yes, round robin your plays, but browse different sites for the best odds. Read Wong's chapter on the subject for the actual breakeven odds for all 2-team, 3-team, and 4-team options.
    4) Reiterating rfr3sh's comment, check Pinnacle lines to make sure you aren't betting a bad line. For example if a book is offering -7.5 and you are going to tease it, check Pinnacle to make sure -7.5 isn't a +100 or greater bet.
    There is some bad advice in there.

trixtrix

Quote Originally Posted by subs View Post
    Trix are you just fvcking with us here?
    lol, no dude i'm not f-ckin w/ you

RickySteve
    SBR is a criminal organization
    RickySteve's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

THE TOTAL !!!!!!

elohel

subs

^ maybe helpful if you are working out your edge very accurately but can't think that it would make you take or lay off a bet? maybe just bet more or less kelly-wise.

i guess getting flamed by RS or Thremp is a step up in evolutionary terms. 1 day i too will be worthy . i like mathsy - he's posted some helpful things and sometimes been funny on purpose.

subs

lol, no dude i'm not f-ckin w/ you
    sorry i guess i misunderstood. did u mean if it is +8 then tease the other side from -8 to -2?

i hope so cos i gotta twisted knee and am high on painkillers so can't really think properly. BTW i saw the post in 2plus2 noob teaser thread where you said u lost like i can not even imagine how much $. hope you got it back last few weeks.

Peregrine Stoop

Whether it's -7.5 +102 is irrelevant compared to the more important statistic no one else has mentioned THE TOTAL !!!!!! The lower the total the lower the variance the higher the EV
    are you for real?
    the total makes a difference, but usually not enough to turn a positive ATS tease subset into a negative one and vice versa. Do the math work that your name implies and you will see the total has a slight impact on these things, like shifts the cover rate <1% almost all the time.

LegitBet
    steelers

Quote Originally Posted by Peregrine Stoop View Post
    I have a little trouble reading regarding small print
    Any suggestions?
    Couldn't find Wong's book as a ebook
    Can anyone help?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

The best advice is to know the odds for each leg of the teaser. It's not always the same depending on the book, the number of teams, the points, etc. Once you know that, you can properly evaluate.

For example, if you have a teaser where each leg is -240 (e.g. 2-team even money; 4-team +300) then you can even bet a -6.5 where the no-vig ML is -270. Betting -240 on a -270 is profitable. Of course I'd rather tease a true -8.5 to -2.5, but no need to be overly restrictive. +EV is +EV.

subs

Quote Originally Posted by LegitBet View Post
    I have a little trouble reading regarding small print
    Any suggestions?
    Couldn't find Wong's book as a ebook
    Can anyone help?
    the book is a fairly large and has well spaced print. but seriously if you want to learn about teasers there is more info here in the tank. just search it.

subs

LegitBet - here you go. shhhh don't tell any1 i did this... i even walked up and down the stairs with my crutches and twisted knee. wanna say thanks then donate some points to the charity thread in politics and economics.
    Last edited by subs; 09-20-11 at 06:40 AM.

trixtrix

sorry i guess i misunderstood. did u mean if it is +8 then tease the other side from -8 to -2?

i hope so cos i gotta twisted knee and am high on painkillers so can't really think properly. BTW i saw the post in 2plus2 noob teaser thread where you said u lost like i can not even imagine how much $. hope you got it back last few weeks.
    i'm saying considering where the lines/market were heading and closed at, +8 -110 on all 3 teams (which would've went 2-1) was a superb bet whether independently or in conjunction w/ your teasers. people need to think outside the box a little

SparJMU
    SparJMU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7523

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    There is some bad advice in there.
    If there is some bad advice in there I apologize. I have read Wong's chapter on teasers, and without going into lengthy detail that was my best summary. If you could point out exactly what was bad about it I would appreciate the feedback.

LegitBet
    steelers

thanks so much buddy...if you let me know what happened to your leg i may have some advice...i wasted some time in med school
    lol
    Last edited by LegitBet; 11-22-10 at 11:22 PM.

subs

took a hard knock on the knee. sideways from the outside in. its swollen and i'm on crutches and painkillers. i'm very bad at soccer but my knees and ankles can't take hoops anymore. but i love team sports...

mathdotcom
    mathdotcom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Peregrine Stoop View Post
    are you for real?
    the total makes a difference, but usually not enough to turn a positive ATS tease subset into a negative one and vice versa. Do the math work that your name implies and you will see the total has a slight impact on these things, like shifts the cover rate <1% almost all the time.

And whether the teams are +2.5 -104/-2.5 -104 or -105/-103 makes a huge difference

Peeig
    Underbetting my roll
    Peeig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1213

lol Wang Tazerz

LegitBet
    steelers

took a hard knock on the knee. sideways from the outside in. its swollen and i'm on crutches and painkillers. i'm very bad at soccer but my knees and ankles can't take hoops anymore. but i love team sports...
    I assume you've had soft tissue ( ligament and tendon) damage ruled out.
    You may be surprised at how effective ice can be for inflammation , pain management, and recovery time

Winning doesn't hurt either!

Flight
    Update your status
    Flight's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would rather tease a Steelers/Ravens game set at 36 than a Chargers/Saints game set at 52. Should be self explanatory; if not, read Stanford's book. Don't ask for information and then say you can't read a book. You need to study the data tables he presents, they are not present on the forums.

Peregrine Stoop

And whether the teams are +2.5 -104/-2.5 -104 or -105/-103 makes a huge difference
    as Mrs. Cleaver said in Airplane, "Chump don't want the help; chump don't get the help."

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

I'm assuming crossing 3 and 7 on 6 1/2 point teasers at -110 is worth it also??

subs

yea crossing the 3 and the 7 @ -110 is good especially if ties win/push and if you are getting a true line. i mean something like -8 @ -110 teased to -2.

if you are talking 5 dimes make sure, if you are getting paid -110 you do no want to take something that should pay +110. obviously better to get something that should only pay -130 but you get paid -110.
    Last edited by subs; 11-24-10 at 09:59 PM.

LegitBet
    steelers

Do books ever factor into the teaser payout if the picks are both -130?

12 Last