Firefox14
    Firefox14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Help with Query

Help with Query

[COLOR=#000000 ! important]Can anyone help me out with this query? I've been to the sports database site and looked at the examples, but still can't figure it out. This is what I want to find out.

What is the Rams record after losing a non-divisional game and playing a non-divisional game the following week at home?
    [/COLOR]

Pokerjoe
    Pokerjoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 307

SU:24-35-0 (-2.4)ATS:26-33-0 (-1.2)avg line: 1.2O/U:32-25-2 (0.3)avg total: 42.4
    Assuming this is it (and it might not be; I haven't used that site in a long time):
    team=Rams and site=home and p:L and division!=o:division and p:division!=o:division

Disclaimer: I think the info is worthless.

Firefox14

Quote Originally Posted by Pokerjoe View Post
    SU:24-35-0 (-2.4)ATS:26-33-0 (-1.2)avg line: 1.2O/U:32-25-2 (0.3)avg total: 42.4
    Assuming this is it (and it might not be; I haven't used that site in a long time):
    team=Rams and site=home and p:L and division!=o:division and p:division!=o:division

Disclaimer: I think the info is worthless.
    Thanks. May I ask why you haven't used it in a long time, and what you feel is a more valuable source?

Pokerjoe
    Pokerjoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 307

I don't think team-specific systems have any value, that's all. It's the worst kind of data-mining. Understand, I'm not saying their info isn't accurate, I'm just saying it isn't useful.

The whole approach, of which your query is an example, is pointless. But you don't have to take my word at it. Experiment. Bet. It's your money, and I'm wrong about some things. This probably isn't one of them, but you need to do your own work, your own thinking. Good luck.

Firefox14

Quote Originally Posted by Pokerjoe View Post
    I don't think team-specific systems have any value, that's all. It's the worst kind of data-mining. Understand, I'm not saying their info isn't accurate, I'm just saying it isn't useful.

The whole approach, of which your query is an example, is pointless. But you don't have to take my word at it. Experiment. Bet. It's your money, and I'm wrong about some things. This probably isn't one of them, but you need to do your own work, your own thinking. Good luck.

Thanks for the info Joe...Have a good one.