kennedysports
    kennedysports's Avatar Become A Pro!

Handicapping totals

I see that totals are so hard to predict in nfl, do you cap according to weather or injuries when it comes to totals?

rise
    rise's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

it plays a role in some of it, sometimes its overrated

20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure
    20Four7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4120

I don't play many totals but I was 12 and 7 last year on them. Pick your spots, watch the weather, watch for injuries, and know who is scheduled to play (ie don't play indy last 3 games of the year).

Peregrine Stoop
    Peregrine Stoop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 779

totals are not hard to predict. Pinnacle's closing line seems to hit the median of the distribution of totals quite well.

roasthawg
    roasthawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

I love totals... just like anything else you gotta take everything you possibly can into account.

Pokerjoe
    Pokerjoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 307

Quote Originally Posted by kennedysports View Post
    I see that totals are so hard to predict in nfl

Where do you see this? Seriously, where do you "see" (as in, "have evidence for") that NFL totals are harder to predict than any other sportsbetting proposition? Start there. Personally, I don't see it.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by kennedysports View Post
    I see that totals are so hard to predict in nfl, do you cap according to weather or injuries when it comes to totals?
    Their harder to predict less so than the sides. That's why the lower limits on totals.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

NBA totals have always been my favorite, especially half times. You see lot of movement and variety across different books. You don't need to be a math genius when you can see a market from open to close at half time to get an edge. As BlueHoseshoe mentioned, they are bet less. The linesmen don't follow the market as well as they do for sides. It's generally a softer line.