Pokerjoe
    Pokerjoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 307

anyone use excel on IPAD?

I was wondering how comfortable it was. I'm getting close to getting an IPAD.

I know it is possible to remote link to a home computer from IPAD and work that way. Has anyone tried that, too? You're home computer would have to be online to do it, I'd imagine.

TIA

djiddish98
    djiddish98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 237

I've done remote desktop from my iPhone using EZDesktop, which I imagine is available for the iPad as well.

Obviously, the circumstances are different, but mouse + keyboard is tough to beat for excel

Also, depending on your remote computer's resolution, things also might not be as productive. The program will scale to a certain degree, but I'd still prefer more pixels and monitor width.

Pokerjoe
    Pokerjoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 307

Yeah, I was thinking that working without a mouse would be tricky. And the IPAD keyboard eats up a lot of the screen, especially in landscape, which is the only way you'd even want to type.

GELATINOUS CUBE
    SBR's 94.4% handicapper
    GELATINOUS CUBE's Avatar Become A Pro!

HOW.much.are.Ipads???

tbonmusikman
    tbonmusikman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Santo
    Santo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

You can't use Excel natively on the iPad. There's a version of the MacOS program Numbers which will do many of the same things, but not the complex macros etc.

Mr. Peepers
    Mr. Peepers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

tough stuff but def worth a try...never kno what o are goin to get wit it