Leverage
    HURR DERP DEEP DURP
    Leverage's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jack of all trades or master of one?

Do you think its better to spread your capital around betting on multiple sports and leagues or is it more prudent to pick one and specialize?

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Master of one (or two). Nobody can be expert in all sports. For example, my main focus is basketball. I'm not deep in football but I don't need to be a football expert to make money in football. I have friends (handicappers) who are good in football. If you try to cap all sports, you'll be master of none.

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

If you have to ask, then it is one. What are your win statistics in all the sports you cap? If you can win at two, then do two. BTW, totals and sides in the same sport, is two sports. And within each sport you should be keeping track off the main categories; sides: away and home wins, totals: overs and unders.

ICE-BLOOD
    ICE-BLOOD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7632

should constantly try to understand how to win at many sports and make actual plays

should know your strengths and play more with them

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Crack one sport first, then a second, and so on. Then take it to the next level for one sport first, followed by a second, and so on. Repeat. You can never rest on your laurels. It takes time, but you can definitely gain an advantage in every sport you focus on.

The great thing about US sports is that they're year round and, with the exception of football, are played every day. NBA and MLB offer more opportunities than the NFL. NFL is most overanalyzed. If you can win in the NFL, you can win in the other leagues.

Spurspremacy
    Spurspremacy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

i win on soccer and horse racing consistently. Recently I take up basketball (NBA n WNBA) due to job requirement. Im not winning as much as the other two at this moment, but I believe it is due to knowledge rather than skill. So its not a bad thing to take up more sports. But not too many though! 7-8 leagues/comps. is the absolute max though.

username474
    username474's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

The name of the game is to pick up 100+ units a year. However you can.