Mr. Peepers
    Mr. Peepers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

My Question

What betting system would be best for me? ex)martingale system, % of br, etc.....Here is my status, I have a $500 BR but have a betting limit of 250 per game...What kind of betting pattern fits me?? Thanks.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Don't bet more than $10 a game.

illfuuptn
    illfuuptn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Give your money to me instead. That would be smarter. Good to see you're being conservative at least. 50% of your bankroll per game...pretty timid

Mr. Peepers

the betting limit was given to me by my book...that is crucial if i were to use a martingale system

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Peepers View Post
    the betting limit was given to me by my book...that is crucial if i were to use a martingale system
    Don't mess with Martingale.

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

Century System: each unit is 1/100 of your bankroll. It will allow you to play all season before you lose your BR.
    Points Awarded:

Justin7 gave Wrecktangle 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

plays
    808 SPORTS PICKS KICKS ASS
    plays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

A unit system
    1 unit: 2% of bankroll $10
    2 unit: 4% of bankroll $20
    3 unit: 6% of bankroll $30
    4 unit: 8% of bankroll $40
    5 unit: 10% 0f bankroll $50 very special play

ScreaminPain
    ScreaminPain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3172

Bankroll management is crucial, but you first need to determine your success rate (winning %). If you can't pick winners, your optimal bet should be $0.

Once you determine your winning percentage you'll feel more comfortable with an escalating scale of bankroll exposure, thus maximizing your profits. There are many versions out there, learn them all!

Good Luck on your action...

Grind-It-Out
    Grind-It-Out's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 942

Quote Originally Posted by ScreaminPain View Post
    Bankroll management is crucial, but you first need to determine your success rate (winning %). If you can't pick winners, your optimal bet should be $0.

Once you determine your winning percentage you'll feel more comfortable with an escalating scale of bankroll exposure, thus maximizing your profits. There are many versions out there, learn them all!

Good Luck on your action...
    Right on.

I'd recommend starting with about 1-2% of your bankroll per play. Once you've been picking for a few months and feel that you have a decent grip on predicting your win %, then you can transition into a half-kelly (or quarter, or whatever).

Jakesteen
    Jakesteen's Avatar Become A Pro!

It really depends on what your goals are. I have never followed any particular system and have been successfull. I like 2 team parlays and straight wagers.

Mr. Peepers

Thanks for your help guys....I have always been pretty successful at picking winners I just struggle with BR management and am looking for the best way to maxamize my earning potential.